Sup Veeky Forums looking for a nice and fun daily driver, is this Is250 with a manual a good choice...

Sup Veeky Forums looking for a nice and fun daily driver, is this Is250 with a manual a good choice? Looks cool and seems to be reliable from what iv'e read.Thoughts?
>sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5711919978.html

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5711923632.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same dealer has an 06' with 120k miles for 11k too
>sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5711923632.html

ya

should i just get this for alot less? Dealer offers a good 7 year 100k mile warranty

get the is350

This

do they have manuals?

no but it does have 100 more hp than the 250.

do not want

test out both and then decide. lexus' are pretty reliable and tend to last a long time and i wouldn't normally worry about buying a car thats just above 100k. i personally wouldnt want to spend the extra ~10k

do you know how different they are between the years? They both appear to be 6spd

I'm a manualfag and I'd much prefer the extra hp over the manual transmission.

Get the 350 or get a different car. Like the g37. (not 35)

they made minor improvements over the years im sure but i wouldnt know off the top of my head

>muh manual

then go buy your little cuck mobile. You dont even get the mark levin sound system/navi with the 2 you listed and enjoy your carbon buildup.

what's wrong with wanting a fun commuter that has a manual? Also, what's this carbon buildup you speak of?

So then why not keep your current car if you have one and buy an e46 or e39?

>buy an e46 or e39
Yeah, no

Why not? Get one that has had the normal major stuff taken care of and has records. Don't believe the memes.

Paying a premium to get work done on bimmers is no meme my friend

Try for a first gen IS 300.

>FR
>smooth, reliable 2JZ-GE
>manual available

From the years of Lexus just being fancier Toyota with the same (or similar) models sold under different names elsewhere. It's not a racecar, and certainly not a 4-door Supra (you want a manual-converted Aristo for that) but it's sporty enough, reliable, and has just a bit of that boyracer charm to it.

>what's wrong with wanting a fun commuter that has a manual
He just can't shift. Ignore him.

Auto model pictured but that's the cluster.

unless you're getting the 300/350 don't fucking bother with an IS. LS and GS are the way to go

>modernish luxury
>getting the manual version
cmon

looks nice but i prefer the 250 exterior, any known issues with the 250?

>reliable
The 2.5L V6 4GR-FE sucks ass. Carbon buildup issues are very common for these engines and it WILL happen. No amount of seafoaming will fix it because the solvent will not touch the problem area due to Direct Injection. The carbon buildup happens faster than you think.

And the booty responsible for kicking off the "Altezza lights" ricer trend.

>certainly not a 4-door Supra

>Altezzas and IS 300s
>not Aristos

With that said swapping a 2JZ-GTE into any FR Toyota sedan will make a 4-door Supra. Usually something that came with the 1JZ-GTE (Chaser, Cresta, Mark II) but a first gen IS will do fine too. It'd be a bit shit to do it to an Altezza RS200 since those came a Yamaha-tuned 3S-GE.

Turboing a 2JZ-GE isn't quite the same. It won't take anywhere near as much boost.

>implying Lexus dealers are any better

>inb4 I can take it to a toyota dealership
no, no you cant. the IS250 does not share a chassis with any toyota