Do African Americans have anything to be proud of? What achievements are distinctly 'black'?

Do African Americans have anything to be proud of? What achievements are distinctly 'black'?

The only 'history' they have surrounds relations with white people and appropriating other culture's histories as their own (Moores, Egyptians, wewuzkangs)
Do they truly deserve to remain an underclass or is there actually some substance to the we wuz kangs narrative?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/good-country-index-2014-6
youtube.com/watch?v=dln2dQyLNVU
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>being proud of what possible distant ancestors did

:^)

Stay in the past little man B)

Reference for anyone going to argue about anything in this thread.

Also
>only great because of surrounding white people meme

Ethiopia is pretty rad and modern day African paratroopers are also pretty rad.

Do Germanic Americans have anything to be proud of? What achievements are distinctly 'germanic'?

The only 'history' they have surrounds relations with non-germanic people and appropriating other culture's histories as their own (Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, China, wewuzkangs)
Do they truly deserve to remain an underclass or is there actually some substance to the we wuz kangs narrative?

u mad

No

the Germans have achieved FAR MORE in the last 1000 years than Africans you faggot

I don't even care about OP's racist shit thread

Fuck you

nigger

>nearly destroy europe like 3 times
>shit language
>shit food

Except Germany has contributed more to the world in terms of science, technology, philosophy and mathematics second to Britain only, this is true historically at least, since the USA were established their contribution outshines any other by far.

Africa as a continent (not even a specific nation) hasn't contributed much in these aspects. May be the fractionalization of their nations, their constant disputes, the abuses they've gone through, etc.. I can't say with certainty what's the cause of their shortcomings, but it's quite clear for us all that Africa is the continent that has contributed the least to the world.

>no independently developed writing system
>no pre-Roman polities
>no independently developed roads
>no great architecural works
>no official commerce

Meanwhile, Sub-Saharans independently developed all of these. They developed the Nsibidi script, established a plethora of polities, created Great Zimbabwe, Benin City (destroyed by buttmad Germanic anglos), Mbanza Congo, and utlized stone building in southern Africa. Furthermore, Sub-Saharans had the Trans-Sahara trade routes.

>muh 1000 years
Germanics had the Romans teach them everything by then so that doesn't count.

Zero is still higher than a negative number.

Not even black

Probably whiter than u

Desu senpai

>Do African Americans have anything to be proud of?
Blending african rhytm tradition with european harmony.
Crushing white americans in athletic competitions.
Eh I got nothing else.

How can so many so-called "empire" share the same borders? Some of them exist entirely inside others.

businessinsider.com/good-country-index-2014-6

Kenya is the only country worthy of redemption in Africa.

Muh Seychelles.

Germans have done nothing independently. The Romans gave them technology, roads, commerce, philosophy, culture etc. Then the Germans destroyed Rome and then went on to pretend that they themselves were the true Romans. Germanics would still be in straw huts killing each other if Romans hadn't given them everything. The Germans also tried stealing the works of the Carolingian Empire.

And let us not forget the disasters caused by Germanics: Viking invasions, the Fourth Crusade and thus the fall of Constantinople, Thirty Years' War, World War 1, World War 2, the refugee crisis, etc.

Meanwhile, everything Sub-Saharans did before colonization was independently done. They have caused few if any global disasters, and only Germanized-Africans attempt to steal the works of other cultures and civilizations. It appears that Germanics hate Sub-Saharans out of insecurity issues.

Consider the passage of time, user. They weren't all contemporary.

Whoops meant for

Ah. I see my mistake now.

Music. Blues, jazz, hip-hop, rock music, rap. Whether u like it or not is irrelevant. Black influences on music will probably be there for 100 years into the future

100? That's kind of short. Do you have a reason for that conclusion? Genuinely interested.

They have created a lot of art and have had quite a bit of influence on American popular culture

According to many, they built America by picking cotton

>being proud of things that you didn't personally do

Truly the universal sign of a scrub, or someone trying to get a bunch of people to do what they want. This WILL trigger /pol/, but it's undeniably true

brum

>Do they truly deserve to remain an underclass

kek

More likes insecure loser for me.

completely no nuance in the first statement, and your other two points are just opinions. kys

even if all that was true. Germans took what their ancestors left them and built on it. On the other hand niggers destroyed everything they had. Where are the great sub-saharan empires now?

>blending african rhythm tradition with european harmony
you thinking that's a good thing is a subjective opinion
>crushing white americans in athletic competitions
that's the most retarded thing i've read today. Are you seriously implying america has no good athletes in any sport that aren't outdone by a black athlete?
> eh i got nothing else
no not only do you have nothing else, you have nothing to begin with.

only someone who has nothing to look back at and be proud would say that. I have my own achievements, but I am also proud of where I come from and try to learn from the past. You'd think that people on Veeky Forums would realize this, but we're on Veeky Forums so what can I say

African blacks have nothing to be proud of. There were never any great African Empires, myths, or civilization of any kind. Every so called African "Kangdom" was inferior to literally ANY Aryan civilization. The average black IQ is 85, and it wasn't until the white man took them as slaves did their living standards skyrocket. I like Chinese history, European history, Arab history, even Mayan history can be interesting. But black "history" is primitive, and disgusting. Everything about black culture is sexual, and primitive. Look up the etymology of the word Jazz (Jizz). Blacks are objectively inferior, and shouldn't even be classified as the same species as civilized man. If you disagree with me, you are probably a nigger yourself, or a pathetic nu-male cuckold who derives sexual pleasure from his own self-righteousness.

>Where are the great sub-saharan empires now?

Where are any empires now?
All of them are dead.

Triggered™

>"WAHHH GERMANS ARE MEANIES!!! THEY SO GOOD AT WAR AND DOING THINGS!!!"
You realize how pathetic you sound?
I'll take a barbarian over a retarded nigger who cannot build a proper civilization. At least the so called barbarians LEARNED. Blacks still live in mudhuts, and all they have is the result of Whitey. Black people haven't caused any global disasters for the same reason they haven't invented anything of practical use. You are probably a nigger.

this

>implying europe and africa are the same today
the empires might not be here, but europe stands tall and more than 90% of great scientists and inventors are european or of european descent. My point is we knew to respect what was given to us by our ancestors and build onto it while africans didn't

bait

Fucking racist, go back to pol.

But Africans are developing their countries though.

And they will always be inferior to White countries because Africans have lower IQ's.

Aww, do you need a tissue?

I really really dont understand this obsession with "ranking" races and civilizations, and how somebody has to be superior and others inferior. To me thats no the point of learning history.

Anyway, go back to /pol/ you faggot retard

Yakub literally created you. Yakub was the greatest scientist of all time, and he was black.

cuck

>implying they're doing this all by themselves with no external aid
dude USA, Europe, Russia and even China are investing trillions in africa hoping that they are going to turn a profit. Its laughable how slow shit is happening in africa. Look up the history of Hong Kong. Africans are being propped up by so many external factors and they're still backwards. Recently in Zimbawe I think they kicked white farmers off their propreties and gave the land back to blacks and they abuse whites constantly and now they're starving and asking for whitey to come back and farm the land because they're to inept to do it themselves

>le IQ meme

go back to /pol/ with the rest of your insecure, desperate faggots.

oh i remember that shit. funny meme

The Europeans/Koreans/Chinese/Japanese/Americans are buying over African farmland to grow crops to import back to their countries. The Chinese have the barter system going, infrastructure-for-resources, which helps them get pretty cheap shit.

This. It's likely that most of the music you like is strongly influenced by niggers, OP.

to be fair europeans did cause a bit of a disturbance in the region

Americans, Europeans, Russians, and Chinese are subsidizing the planting of cash crops that don't actually feed Africans. It's hard to do much when you're starving to death.

Jazz, blues and rock and roll. Athletic proswess, Mad fucking game and Ubuntu

>Great
>Zimbabwe
>Empire

there was a war. they lost. that's what happens to loosers. Also blacks enslaved other tribes and sold them to the whites. And don't forget the Arabic slave trade. Whitey isn't the most evil of all times. Everyone practiced slavery at that time.

I really doubt that they're doing it by force and not giving anything in return

That doesn't mean, by any measure, that their business practices aren't predatory, and deleterious to public welfare.

>Music.
>Blues, jazz, hip-hop, rock music, rap
I agree with all of those except rock music

Rock music's origins are a bit debated but I'm lead to believe it's descended from country based off the homework I've done on this subject

Points for not mincing words.

Sometimes you just have to be brutally honest

>Recently in Zimbawe I think they kicked white farmers off their propreties and gave the land back to blacks and they abuse whites constantly and now they're starving and asking for whitey to come back and farm the land because they're to inept to do it themselves

Is this what you were looking for?

Bait

Sure

youtube.com/watch?v=dln2dQyLNVU

>its laughable how slow shit is going in Africa
Dude you dont know shit about the situation do you
Africa has the fastest growing GDP in the world, and any contemporary African country has a higher GDP than any European country in 1950.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

>African AMERICANS

Learn to read you fucking moron.

lmao

GERMans btfo

great post

I hate when anybody does this. Asians bragging about ancient Chinese achievements (some not even ethnic Chinese), White people claiming to be descended from royalty or Native American princess (???).

Just because someone from your culture or hometown or race did something great you have no right to be proud of that achievement. You can be proud of someone for achieving something great but to try and delude yourself into thinking that makes you a great person by association is just about the most pathetic thing I can imagine

>I have my own achievements, but I am also proud of where I come
Nah, you don't have any real achievements of your own do you?

Mate, it's called national pride. It's obvious nobody is developed from royalty or anything like that, yet we do have ancestors who fought in those wars and battles and were responsible for the successes of kings. It's pride for their achievements, not our own.

If I were Roman, I would take a huge amount more pride in regards to my nation, seeing as it singlehandedly created the West. Same as I would not be proud were I from an irrelevant province from the HRE or whatever. It's our history, regardless of whether it's actually our own.

>GREAT ZIMBABWE EMPIRE

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

>national pride

And in this case it's mind numbingly stupid, considering the royals of the era would spit on your ancestors that lived back then.

You only say this because the only thing African Americans have to their name is banging on drums. Every other ethnic group in the US is either more impressive or has a pretty valid excuse for being low-achievers.

>national pride
>for a nation that you're linked to exclusively due to your genetics and POSSIBLY your ancestor's culture and belongings

African Americans should be proud of American accomplishments. German Americans should be proud of American accomplishments.

I'm white and I'm not American

Damn, son. Cool your spuds before you have a stroke.

(1/2) It would seem that the vast majority of people in this thread have ignored the actual topic and it has turned into the daily "lol niggerz" thread. It was one since the beginning, but I digress. Since OP specifically mentioned African Americans and not all Africans or even all people of African descent, let's get some things. "African Americans," as a complete people, might as well have only existed for around 150 years at most considering that a massive number of the population was in slavery for most of the time between their ancestors being brought to America and the later abolishing of slavery. Once technically made equal citizens, it would then take another 100 years or so for this group to actually stop being second class citizens, practically speaking. Meaning that, all in all, we are talking about a group that has been 1st class citizens in their own country for only around 50 years, and have always been an ethnic, political, and population minority since their inception. With all that being said, it's not really that surprising that this group does not have many of the traditional "achievements" that many of ethnic and cultural groups have had given the relatively small and limited time they've existed. Despite that though, this fairly small and traditionally repressed ethnic group has managed to have an unprecedented contribution to the music culture of their own country and the world at large. Some are bound to discredit this with a "witty"
>Implying nigger music is good
but that's a pretty unfair and biased "critique" especially given the nature of this topic. The impact of African American music on the American music scene in the 20th century and the rest of the world in the late 20th century and 21st century is a simple fact, and whether that music fits your personal taste is a matter of opinion. However, I don't think this can be denied as a "cultural achievement" according to most people's definition of that term...

(2/2)…and I’m sure many other ethnic groups of people around the world would agree that it should count as an achievement. Another thing that ought not be ignored is the African American contribution to the level of equality that exists in their own country today. Is the current state perfect? No. Can we talk about how racist affirmative action is all day? Yes. But from the perspective of the African American community, sparking a movement that paved the way to them no longer being second class citizens in a huge region of their country is a pretty admirable achievement considering the state they were in in 1950 and where they were 30 years later. Perhaps even more admirable than the political achievements that this movement brought, are the social changes it brought. The change in how open and blatant racism had been publicly perceived in the south over the course of a few decades is pretty astounding. It's one thing for a movement to change politics, but it’s another for it to actually change people’s minds in the same amount of time.
So in the end do African Americans have many “achievements” to their name? Not really, but it’s kind of a loaded question, especially in the way OP asked it. Considering the amount of time they’ve actually been around and been capable of making “achievements,” I’d say the ones they have made are still respectable.

Why would you be proud of what some other person did thousands of years ago?

Do Estonians have anything to be proud of? What achievements are distinctly 'eestin'?

The only 'history' they have surrounds relations with white people and appropriating other culture's histories as their own (Russians, Finns, Germans)
Do they truly deserve to remain an underclass or is there actually some substance to the we wuz kalevs narrative?

Because my white ancestors were the Greeks, the Romans, the Vikings, the Normans, the Tudors, the Germans. My ancestors were the creators of Civilisation. Whereas you're ancestors were probably just some nigger tribesmen.

If I went all WE WUZ I'd beat you in that race, senpai.
Luckily for you I am not retarded enough for that kind of rhetoric.

What have you done? Not people that died before you were born, what have YOU done?

I have been responsible for Western civilisation due to my white ancestors.

>creators of civilization

That would be Middle Easterners

Not him but they are technically also white

>i am responsible for something that happened before i came into existence

Oh, I see, you are simple. I pity your parents.

They were white back then before they became rape babies

The white ones are my ancestors

>they are white when it suits me
>and not white when it doesn't

No it's just facts. I know you leftards struggle with them.

The more circular an "empire's" borders the greater sign that it wasn't actually an empire.

Are you dumb? You do know that iranians for example share the mayority of their DNA with Greeks and Italians? And that the rest is R1a caucasian? Even then the arabs from the arab peninsula are still members of the caucasian race . We are all caucasian

We Wuz cradle of civilization & shit, dammit son stop WeWuz, try to do something of your life.

And what is has to do with you? Nothing, stop being an insecure untermensh, try to create something of your own.

Recycling sugar into poop is "making something".
Enriching the world water supply with ammonia and blood is making something.
We all contribute.

Where is this from

>you will never be as triggered as this leftpol shill

???

Civilization emerged independently in 5 different places none of them were in Europe

Same goes for script. Also countless more advancements. And how can you consider greeks and italians white and other meds not despite sharing a lot of the DNA? They are probaply more related to each other than you are with them. If they are untermenschen so you are too.