ITT: greatest engine engine ever built

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Deltic
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_straight-6_engine
youtube.com/watch?v=wB-K6bET0zk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine
honda-museum.com/honda-nsr500-2001/
visordown.com/features/motorcycle-top-10s/7-honda-nsr500
popularmechanics.com/technology/a21324/engine-startup-liquidpiston-powers-a-go-kart-with-a-4-pound-engine/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sorry but that's not a B6.

B6

/thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Deltic

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_straight-6_engine

name a more blue collar, American value instilled engine

>name a more blue collar, American value instilled engine
350 small block

B6?

Flat six.

But thats not a 4.0l Barra

'no'

My retarded brain imagined pistons layed out in a B shape

Ecoboost™

Could be fun

Only useful for big diesel engines. A V6 does everything a straight 6 does but better.

Sad trying to see you make this a meme

V6 only does packaging better.

>posts about how a straight 6 is the best engine
>"but it's not a straight 6!"
Kys

What the actual fuck are you talking about? Stupid jzfaggot

Twin turbo V6s go pretty hard too, but they don't have the longevity of an inline six.

Greatest engine ever built for what purpose?

High horsepower acceleration sprints?

Towing and off-roading?

Endurance racing?

Rally racing?

Daily driving with as little problems as possible no matter the abuse and decent MPG returns?

There's really only one engine that's anywhere near as versatile to fit in all those use cases.

The small block chevy.

Engines can do some things better, but fail completely in others leaving the Chevy the only engine that can be purpose built for what you want it do do.

how do you know its not you phaggot

just because there's a million aftermarket combos available for it, junkyards are full of them, and gm put them in everyfuckingthing doesn't make it any more than average. with a few exceptions, like the 302

Jesus created the straight 6, and God created the V12

>Proving my point and looking stupid as fuck doing so.

Let me know when you build your first engine kid. Not just slap some bolt on faggotry and call yourself a "tuner" kiddo.

Can't we all just get along? I love big block i6 and sbc's

Odd looking V5.

Italian V6>Inline 6
tbqh.

youtube.com/watch?v=wB-K6bET0zk

That's a funny looking Hemi V8

INLINE SIX
N
L
I
N
E

S
I
X

>could've posted an european I6
>decides to post a shitty jap one

>4.0L
Shame about the typo OP

>Can't even reply to the right post

Fuck.
I'm kinda high. Disregard.

Lmao I'm stoned as fuck let's not make excuses here. There would be no 2Jwithout the 5M just remember that

I swear on me mum I wanted to make fun of the wankelfag first, but then I saw the inline toyota.
Totally forgot to delete and requote.

btw, do you smoke inside your car? I used to in a older car I drove, but shit smelled for days.

i used to drive a 4.0l AMC jeep comanche with straight pipes

>that fucking sound

shit was quick too. light vehicle with 175hp/torques

All good my man. And yeah I smoke darts in my truck, occasional road joint. If you light a smoke after a sesh the smell is gone. But I tend to stay away from grass in vehicles b/c of the smell. Dabs off your 12v lighter work the best and there's no smell after

Literal Autism: the engine

>dabs off your 12v lighter
Well shit now I have to try that.

This , the most average engine in all departments. (Stock)

NeatLeaks

Let's see how you get the power from 3 cranks into one. That would be interesting.

7mg(t)e is best

STRAIGHT 8
T
R
A
I
G
H
T

Is this Veeky Forumsc? I thought it might have been edited but I havent ever been able to find anything similar.

Filename, m8

>File: 3L str6.jpg (38 KB, 461x951)

It's probably a 2JZ-GTE or a RB30ET but something tells me it's not the good old VL skid chariot.

Absolutely. I am not an engine snob, cars are more then their engine. I love everything from monstrous old school rotary airplane engines, down to tiny little two stroke engines. It's how it is packaged and used that makes a car or engine great.

He wasn't proving your point, he's just saying that just because the SBC is the easiest engine to make do whatever doesn't mean it is the best ever, pull your head out of your ass and look at this game from a different perspective

Just a heads up, airplanes use Radial engines, not rotarys

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine
There's a difference. Radials are like piston rotaries just without the rotating crankcase.

lol goodbye hearing

Ford 300 4.9 i6 found in the f600 series.

Everybody knows that's the most reliable engine.
>F600 series for high flow exhaust manifolds
>forged crank and rods
>Timing gears

I'd like to own another F150 with that motor again.
>Didn't burn a drop of oil or coolant at 280k
>Guy bought my truck for the motor to put on his boat

Ford 300

Its one of the dumbest tripfags on Veeky Forums

Go back to /n/ with this train engine shit

never understood why people like the amc 6's

they sound like a truck engine, they never sing like a L24. sounds more like the sound off a cummins exhaust without the turbo.
they weigh more than a 350.
get the same mpg as the 350
they often leak, later ones have head cracks
sure they can make power but sound terrible when they do.

oh, that reminds me...

truly one of the best engines ford ever made.

ford at their worst
534 CI. almost the biggest big block in production
can only get 244 hp

The Ford 4.9l I6 had timing gears across all models which is what made it so good. But yeah probably the best gasoline motor in terms of longevity and reliability you could get

That's a boat motor faglord

no, it was used in those 600 trucks too.

and it was a turd of an engine too.

Because that's not what we ask of it.
If you want a truck motor that will do what you ask it to, every time, all the time, until the end of time, the AMC 4.0L is the engine for the job. Absolutely no end of service life mileage. Feed it a steady diet of belts, oil, crank sensors, alternators and starters and your grandkid's kids will have a tough time killing it.

so its better than a 350 how?

Because Jeep
Just go with it. It is nice engine.

Truely a masterpiece, the NSR 500

Type of engine: Liquid cooled 2-stroke V4, 112° cylinder angle
Engine displacement: 499ccm
Bore / Stroke: 54×54,5mm
Four Keihin carburators, case reed valve intake, electronic exhaust control
Maximum power: 200PS / 13.500rpm

The NSR had won 130 GPs and ten world championships in 18 years. It was the most dominant two-stroke Grand Prix engine ever created, made the MotoGP bikes that replaced it seem utterly bland in comparison, and scarred a lot of brave men in the process. To this day, the NSR500 engine is the maddest thing ever made.

>honda-museum.com/honda-nsr500-2001/
>visordown.com/features/motorcycle-top-10s/7-honda-nsr500

60 series for best diesel

>To this day, the NSR500 engine is the maddest thing ever made

eh, especially taking in 1940s airplane engines into account. Napier had a few mad designs, including the Sabre and the Nomad.

actually, speaking of the nomad...

on top, It was a Flat-12 2-stroke diesel, that fed the turbine of a jet engine mounted below, so the jet didn't have to "power itself". It also had afterburners in the exhausts for the piston engine, that powered the back half of the contra-rotating pair of propellers, while a turbine at the vary back of the jet powered the front part (of the propeller pair) via a gearbox. the top flat-12 was also fed compressed air by the jet (after having gone through an intercooler), before it was led to the combustion chamber

SCREEEEEECH

>dude
>weed
>lmao

Someone had a field day with feedback loops while designing that engine.

Inverted V-12

/thread

>Apex seals
LOL

""""""""memes""""""""

Just a friendly reminder, piston cuckholds

popularmechanics.com/technology/a21324/engine-startup-liquidpiston-powers-a-go-kart-with-a-4-pound-engine/

>Their X-mini engine weighs just 4 pounds and has three moving parts, and yet can produce 3 horsepower, enough to replace the default 40-pound piston engine that normally powers the go-kart.

>LiquidPiston says that their X-mini is still in a testing phase, and they hope to get the weight down to 3 pounds and the power up to 5 hp. (The 40-pound piston engine produces about 6.5 hp.) In the meantime, their little engine already packs a punch, as you can see in the video below.

munch munch pistons for lunch

Nobody* disagrees that rotaries are a viable engine option, they just haven't received nearly the amount of R&D as pistons and thus there aren't any viable examples around.

(*That knows what they're talking about and aren't just parroting memes)