So I'm getting a black 2017 Mustang GT. Give me some tips. Don't really wanna mod the engine...

So I'm getting a black 2017 Mustang GT. Give me some tips. Don't really wanna mod the engine. It's got the performance pack so I'm thinking just exhaust, springs, spoiler, maybe stripes, idk what else. A subwoofer too. Stock 435hp ain't bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2016/07/power-packs-available-from-ford-performance-parts-for-2015-17-mu.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah put a big fucking wing on for mad downforce, a mad body kit for that hektik ground effect

Nah just a small spoiler

Why not get the audio option? It'll be a cleaner install than the nigger woofer you plan on. The car will probably outperform anything else you've ever driven, I wouldn't focus on mods just yet. Get it dyno tuned for extra power and you're good to go.

It'll be my first new car, only other car I owned is a 2004 V6.

I was gonna go with crutchfield. Found a car exactly how I want but without the audio at a dealership out of state. MSRP $40,000 going for $36,000 rough numbers it was $3,825 off and I'm trying to negotiate tomorrow.

Crutchfield sells good stuff, I'd pick a good brand, single 12" woofer is all I need.

Yeah you don't need any performance mods at all coming from a v6 mustang. But a dyno tune would be a easy way for some more power and you get some proof on the power your car makes. Get your woofer and do nothing else. A wing won't do anything, stripes would be 10x better getting it as an option.

I don't wanna tune it cause I need the warranty to last me, I can hold out five years before I decide to sell or keep

Tunes are reversible. You put the stock tune on before getting warranty work done.

The computer tracks how many tunes have been done though, can't change it or reverse that number, ford could possibly void it if something goes wrong. Like I said, five years is fine with 435. I just want it to sound and look sick.

Professional sound guy here, I'd recommend a 10 inch woofer over a 12. Less space needed in the trunk or whatever and it'll hit just as hard as a 12 if you buy a nice one (Rockford master race).

Awesome alright, should I go with a regular box or one of the stealth ones that hug the side?

My gf's brother gave me a free Sony Xplod 12" 1300w, should I just sell that and get something better or would that be good (since it's free)

No amp though

I'm looking at these mustangs too.

I snooped around my friends 2015 GT with the premium package, Performance package and 401A option box, It's a nice car. Interior is alright, not great but for the price it's to be expected.

The premium package adds all the nice stuff like heated/cooled leather, sync 3, ambient lighting and so on. To get the upgraded sound system you have to get the 401A package which adds a few more speakers and a mediocre subwoofer along with blind spot detection system and HD radio.

Ford is having a 0% APR sale thing on all 2016 remaining stock Mustangs which are exactly the same as 2017 unless you wanted it in Deep Impact Blue or Guard Metallic (green) as those have been replaced with grabber blue and lighting blue.

I'm coming from a fully optioned 370Z Touring/Sport/Tech so I kind of want all that stuff.

I'm deciding between a left over 2016 GT Premium with the performance pack (6 speed) with the 401A, Navigation and parking sensors in Ingot silver over ebony (black)... Asking price is $39K but I can get an employee discount through a friend which will cut $2500-$3500 off after haggling.

Or taking that 3% APR on a similar 2017 but with the redline interior...

After reading through the forums, it makes between 370-380hp to the wheels, An intake, pre-loaded tune (sx-4), exhaust and headers will get you a bit over 400hp to the wheels... Springs you have a wide selection, steeda, cj pony, ford racing, eibach or h&r. Don't forget struts though, after so long they will prematurely wear out. There are ford performance shocks/struts and koni's for you to choose from.

Cjponyparts.com has sound clips and DIY videos of a lot of the stuff they sell so it's a good idea to figure out what you want to do to it.

Either one of the boxes will work, just make sure the interior volume works with the sub you use. Specs should be online or something.

The Xplod line is okay, not amazing, but then again I'm used to concert grade 18s that cost 6 grand a piece lol. I'd keep it and just use that, no sense in dropping another 100 bucks for a probably negligible increase in quality. As for amps, spend the money on a decent one, otherwise it might die in a month. 1400 watts peak/400 watts RMS would be the power you want to drive that speaker, and that will be more than enough, assuming you're not a basswhore nignog, that is.

Awesome thanjs any amp brands

K faggot it's already going to look and sound really good. If anything, replace ends of the exhaust with glass packs and some really douchey burnt titanium tips. If you get stripes, get the proper mustang stripes not some retarded off center boy racer faggot shit. The spoiler is a retarded waste of money.
As for audio, if you have that much money to spend on a car get two nice 10" subs put in the back professionally, a nice amp powering them, and then get an aftermarket deck and new door speakers and a 4 channel amp powering them. You'll be able to blow the fucking windows out of that car and it won't break the bank if youre smart about it. Enjoy your new car dood

Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Infinity are godtier
Kicker, Polk, JBL are great tier
Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony are good tier
Anything below is not really worth getting.

Like this guy, I'd also recommend a new deck and door speakers to round out the package, but they're not necessary. I'd expect the Mustang stock speakers to definitively be passable, if not the best option.

What's wrong with an exhaust? I want something nice and deep, not loud and race car-ish.

Thanks based audio bro

*tips fedora*

Your $40,000 car is already obnoxiously loud, I'm telling you to cut the mufflers off and replace them with glass packs, which is as loud as you can legally get. The car is tuned to have its original exhaust, why would you fuck with that? You'll probably lose performance if anything without getting it re-tuned which you don't want to do.

Wont work, dealers can easily sniff it out

Ford will release tunes+gt350 parts for the regular gt in packs in a few months. This will be a more expensive option rather than buying the parts separately but will keep warranty and can give you up to 475hp and 435 torqz

Messing with exaust on these mustangs wont affect anything as long as he gets a proper midpipe and keeps his cats intact. I would recommend cutting off the 30 pound resonator "mid pipe" and replacing it with a proper x or h pipe. Also a muffler delete would be great. These motors sounds very nice without all this crap dumbing down the sound.

On a related note, is ecoboost worth it? I'm gonna bite the bullet next year and in eastern europe the v8 one is just too overpriced.

OP here. Is a 72 month finance at 20% good?

1. Replace resonator with h or x pipe. Saves a bit of weight and makes it sound better.

2. Still not enough sound? Add an exhaust.

3. Want more power but worried about voiding the warranty? Ford offers "power packs" now, most likely to compete with Camaro numbers.

performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2016/07/power-packs-available-from-ford-performance-parts-for-2015-17-mu.html

4. Not a fan of spoilers, really, but if you're intent on one the Roush spoilers are probably going to be your best bet in terms of it not looking like a piece of ass.

Tip: Don't try to be a hotshot. Get used to the power before you start doing stupid things, you don't want to end up in a ditch. Coming from a v6 you're gonna want to floor the thing everywhere you go, just don't be stupid.

I've never driven an ecoboost but if you want a Mustang and don't want to pay the stupid price for the v8 overseas then go for it. Don't worry about the jerkoffs who say that it's not a "real mustang" - the vast majority of Mustang owners don't give a hell how many cylinders your car has. Those who do are usually high schoolers driving daddy's GT.

How badly and how soon do you want the vehicle? There's not a lot of bonus cash available on the 2017 Mustang. There's $250 if you don't take Ford's financing, or you can get as low as 0.9% for 36 months financing (ranging up to 2.9% 60 month, 4.9% 72 months, 5.9% 75 months/84 months).

You can try to order a bunch of brochures for the Mustang and other vehicles, which can get you up to $750 off. You can get up to $500 off if anyone in your house has a ford vehicle (as long as your address matches theirs and you have the same last name). You can likely get a bonus if you graduate from May 1st 2014 to Jan 3, 2017. These stack with the X-Plan (which guarantees you dealer invoice price minus 0.6%, plus a $275 admin fee which includes documentation fees in states that don't cap them).

Getting a 2016 probably makes more sense. The financing is 0.0% (if you qualify) for up to 72 months) and that may stack with an additional $750 cashback

You're either trolling or a total moron. 20% is horrible.

inb5 dont drift with crowds of people around

This isn't OP...

Yes, rice out your Mustang. Stance it too.

I figured that much. All I want is somewhat affordable decently fast rwd coupe, and fuck me, but even the ecoboost ones start at 36 eurogrand in Latvia. Might as well do a trip to Germany and get one for about 30-32.