What were the REAL reasons of the american civil war? please don't respond with "slavery"

What were the REAL reasons of the american civil war? please don't respond with "slavery"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XdbaxZQ_WR0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Money

>what is the answer to the question
>by the way, don't give me the most common, historically supported answer

Keeping the union together.

The state's rights to keep slaves

Jackson didn't hang Calhoun

Slavery

The exporting of slavery to new states in the west.

The culmination of a decades long split between Jacksonian-era politicians and the Whigs over matters including, but not limited to:
-States v. Federal rights
-Nullification
-Slavery
-Growing gaps between wealthy agrarian southerners and wealthy northern industrialists and which path the nation should take.

Also a little bit of this:

slavery

slavery

why cant dixieboos get this through their thick fucking skulls?

Better question, was the Ku Klux Klan the "good guys" when they were first formed? Combating against carpetbaggers?

Money, resource, land and power..

Somebody post the cap. Actually, I might have it.

This may or may not be it, android file browsers suck.

Take two

So I don't have it.

It was about states' rights [spoiler]to keep slavery.[/spoiler]

Slavery and only slavery. Just read all those ordinances of secession.

Slavery.

Everything else is dixieboo pandering.

Slavery.

Slavery. But it wasn't about the humanist side of slavery, it was about the economic.

Slaves are profitable for agrarian economics, while free workers are profitable for industrial economics. The North was industrial and the South was agrarian.

Carpetbagging has got to be the biggest meme complaint since gentritification.

>Oh no these new arrivals from the north might come down here, buy the cheap land and add value to the state
>Then they might get elected to public office

Kill yourself.

There were a multitude of reasons, of which slavery was a key issue. Nothing ever only has one cause, though, and to insist that there was only one cause is pretty naïve.

Why is it so hard for you to believe Slavery was the issue?

I mean that's how I was taught, well before the onset of this new-age PC culture.

Slavery is quite a big issue. It's not simply -
>I am too lazy to do this I will get the nigger

But I am completely ignorant in this issue, I am just curious why you all try to take the blame away form slavery?

youtube.com/watch?v=XdbaxZQ_WR0

This one senpai?

That's the one, thanks f@m

>civil war thread
>lash out at /pol/ boogeyman

Does OP implying that it was more complicated than merely freeing slaves mean that he's on a tirade about niggers and Jews?

how is that not a real complaint? Someone taking advantage of your bad fortune and using it to not only buy you out, but then rule you

The war happened because the Southern planters couldn't maximize their profits without hurting the profits of the Northern capitalists, and vice versa. Slavery and the role it played in the economy and culture was a big part of that dynamic, but people who focus myopically on slavery itself are missing the forest for the trees.

>South wanted to separate because of money and they were sick of letting the North telling them what to do all the time.
>The final straw was the north wanted to end slavery, because if they didn't then the South would have more voting power since each slave was worth a third of a person (and therefore a third of a vote).
>The South was like "That's it I can't stand this no more we don't need you we're separating ourselves!"
>The North was like "Nope bitches here we come."
>Big ass war fought. Lots of people die.
>Eventually the North won and the South stayed as part of the US.
>The South was pissed, until the industrial revolution came about and made Slaves obsolete.
>Some historians and economists believe if Slavery didn't happen, it would had jump-started the industrial revolution quicker out of need, hence Black people even being slaves held back progress!

That is the real reason for the American Civil War. Money and the right to not get bullied by their scrawny smarty Northern brothers.

This doesn't have anything to do with the thread, and I don't want it to derail it anymore than it already has been, but I hate when people insist that /pol/ as a board hasn't cause huge problems on just about every major board. The /pol/ "boogyman" is a reality and you can even see it on the catalog of this board.
Veeky Forums wasn't always Diet Stormfront like certain posters insist. You can be in a thread where people are posting infographics with /pol/ watermarks and STILL have people say that there's no /pol/ leakage and THIS IS HOW Veeky Forums HAS ALWAYS BEEN BRO :^). There's a global rule for a reason, it wasn't ALWAYS like this.
I personally blame Hiroyuki because he hasn't rattled their cage like moot used to every now and then.