Is it possible to get a low V8 rumble out of a 4 cylinder? Say a 2.2 liter?

Is it possible to get a low V8 rumble out of a 4 cylinder? Say a 2.2 liter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5XiYcmYARac?t=1m31s
youtube.com/watch?v=U9f1cUa327E
youtube.com/watch?v=vxFVOPhsrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=IZBUVlbeAbU
youtube.com/watch?v=K6bjUI-KQbg
youtu.be/2AzrOPPZFzs
youtube.com/watch?v=tvOAVtVwtME
youtube.com/watch?v=oQMln74M2cU
youtu.be/Dst0AdVB21Q
youtu.be/vLs8YcWMIx4
youtu.be/W3k7sJvCXDk
youtube.com/watch?v=3dOaJh1GWXM&list=LL-RJVWH1ebPg4yq-4FthFSA&index=79
youtube.com/watch?v=owI_3zXhd9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can make a 3sgte sound like a diesel.
Same with the old ford 2.3 turbo engines

No. The closest you'll get to that is a Subaru boxer.

No. The V8 sound is like a Harley sound. Sounds fucking amazing, but you need to have a v8 to have one.

>harley
>sounding like anything but a fat mans long wet fart

But, why, A V8 is just two 4 cylinders tied at the hip.

easiest way to do that would be to straight pipe it and give it some mild cams to give it a rough idle.
depending on the engine it will still sound like a ricey 4 cylinder, but youll have that arrhythmic burble that v8s are known for

it's all in the firing order and cams

an inline 4 is like pudpudpudpudpud

a v8 is like BLURBLBLBLBLURBLBLBLBLURBLBLBL or maybe BLUBLUBLUBLUBLBLUBLUBLUBLUBL depending on manufacturer

A V8-esque rumble? Yes, by using unequal-length exhaust headers and some fiddling with your mufflers. V8's rumble because of the unequal pace of the exhaust gases being forced through the tailpipe. You can space out your exhaust the same way but it's gonna cost you for a custom setup.

A LOW V8 rumble? No. Your displacement just isn't enough to match the sound of something like a 6.3.

uhhh
literally any big displacement vtwin will sound like a harley engine

JM1NA3535V0719968

Thanks bro

shit wrong thread

You can almost get close with a crossplane i4

>Yamaha R1

Or a v4

>Saab su'm or the other.

deliberately shit, VERY unequal length headers should get you halfway there

if that isn't enough (it isn't) set up a microphone at your tailpipe and play back the sound through some subs

Glasspack is the way to go.

youtu.be/5XiYcmYARac?t=1m31s

>people spend 10k modifying their shitbox to look higher trim
>decent drivers will always know your car a shit
>could have spend 10k actually modifying performance aspects of the car, making a sneaky sleeper, but dont

This. Get some shitty unequal length headers and you will get the sound at low/idle rpms.

Doesnt really work with a smaller liter.

youtube.com/watch?v=U9f1cUa327E

youtube.com/watch?v=vxFVOPhsrs4

That is an improvement. Much of the fart is reduced.

youtube.com/watch?v=IZBUVlbeAbU

lol

> Install dual 15" subwoofers
> Record V8 rumble with low frequency mic
> ???
> Profit!

why would you want your engine to sound horrible

>2.2 liter
Accord fag detected. And no it's not possible with your single cam

You didnt even get the make right.
>Accord
Thats disgusting. You have a rotten mind for even thinking that. I suggest you leave Veeky Forums, forever.

Must be why the slope machines wanted to try and make their garbage sound like a Harley.

No exhaust system will let you do that, you'll need a cross plane crank for that burble

You want rumbly? Make the exhaust longer.

Take this for example: blow across the top of a half empty coke bottle, then empty it and do it again. Which one makes a deeper sound? The empty one because the ratio of the length to the diameter of the hole is larger.

You want to do this to your car too. Use smaller exhaust pipes but more of them. Keep the change in the size of the pipe of a minimum.

That said you'll never get a v8 sound out of a fart can.

>if that isn't enough (it isn't) set up a microphone at your tailpipe and play back the sound through some subs

Cherrybomb glasspacks

cut cylinders in half, duh.

/thread this is pretty much the only way and its not really that close to a v8 it sounds more like a v6 imo

>an inline 4 is like pudpudpudpudpud
>a v8 is like BLURBLBLBLBLURBLBLBLBLURBLBLBL or maybe BLUBLUBLUBLUBLBLUBLUBLUBLUBL

Enhanced exhaust is more like
MeLT mELt MElt meLt melt MeLt mELt melty melty melted

ill say it again since everyone missed it
straight pipe it, get some cams. cams will give you a rough idle

you buy a saab sonnet

youtube.com/watch?v=K6bjUI-KQbg

holy shit, is that the SCC project Silvia?

yes, it is. Its probably not going to sound the same, but you can get a similar sound. A straight 5 or 6 is probably a better choice though.

That's true of a flat plane crank v8 (such as the current GT500) but not just about every other v8 ever. A regular v8 has an uneven firing order (LRLLRLRR) that causes the iconic sort of wobbly sound that a v8 has. You can hear it better on v8s with a radical cam at idle.

youtu.be/2AzrOPPZFzs

yes, you will need 2 of the 4 cylinder engines tho

It's the unequal length headers that make the subaru boxer sound like that. It has nothing to do with the fact it's a boxer. NA 2.5s sound like any 4 cylinder.

Yes. You need unequal length headers and 2 big glass packs. I have a 2.2 ecotec and I got a decent rumble out of it just with that.

>tfw drive straight piped LS1 V8

no ecotec is going to sound like a V8. kek

nice cavalier faggot

kill yoyrself

I didn't say it did it has a rumble similar to the subaru boxer. Which is the closest you are going to get with a 4cyl. A cavalier is better than a bus pass faggot.

My cam Is more like

>ablut ablut ablut ablut ablut ablut abluh abluh abluhbluhuh bluh bluhtblut abluhablut ablut ablut ablut ablut ablut

It's not possible due to simple laws of physics.

If you are going to dream about having the best sounding engine of all time you need to re-adjust your goals to this;
youtube.com/watch?v=tvOAVtVwtME

UEL headers.

Is it possible for a total noob to learn how to build headers from scratch in a few months?

there are no UEL headers available for my shitbox

Crossplane

Going full racecar is the only acceptable way
youtube.com/watch?v=oQMln74M2cU

No fucking way

Coll, I didn't know the firing order was a paradiddle.

hahahahahahh no
takes years of fab and welding experience, and very special tools

Sounds about right
youtu.be/Dst0AdVB21Q

>Harley
>sounds amazing

according to my charts you're a furfag and need to gtfo from Veeky Forums

t. another furfag

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

yes
youtu.be/vLs8YcWMIx4

i don't think i've ever heard cherrybombs on anything but a v8

You can learn how to build shitty headers in a day but they will be crap.

Get on learning to weld and bend tube and cut tube n shit and you can build crap headers.

What a joke. And they didn't even make it sound like a good Europeen V8

>crap headers

What is the difference between good headers and crap headers?
Bad exhaust flow? Shitty back pressure?

My Cressida had a Cherrybomb on it. Kind of sounded like an old Jaguar when you got on it.

Make custom headers that fuck up the airflow so the pulses aren't evenly spaced like they normally are

The new Mazda3 with a good exhaust sounds pretty aggressive. I still wouldn't consider it very close to a V8 though
youtu.be/W3k7sJvCXDk

dual over head cams, full exhaust, pod filter, more aggressive cam it will sound better but not the same

youtube.com/watch?v=3dOaJh1GWXM&list=LL-RJVWH1ebPg4yq-4FthFSA&index=79

Like said

Crossplane crank will get you the closest but isn't worth it. The Yamaha R1 is an example of a crossplane i4.

youtube.com/watch?v=owI_3zXhd9M

He's right though, Harleys sound like shit.

It takes a welder and a pipe bender. Pipe bending can be done via trial and error and welding just takes practice. The rate you learn depends on how much practice you put in.

My Hilux came with a cherry bomb on it. Other than the volume, it didn't sound terrible.

To loud or not loud enough? I just want quality, not volume.