Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, so my 1999 Honda Accord is starting to show problems and I don't want to have to deal with the car any longer. I'm selling and buying a car with a maximum budget of 7k. Anyone have experience with buying rental cars? I can get a 2014 Chevy spark for 6.7k with 50k miles on it.

Just buy a newer Accord and actually maintain it this time

From what I hear, rental cars are often abused by the drivers and. Usually if it's cheap , there's a reason why.

My other options so far are a 2006 Mini Cooper with 75k miles and 2012 Kia Rio with 60k miles,

I would love another accord or civic, but I haven't seen any non rebuilt ones in my price range.

What's wrong with the Accord?

Well the right sub frame broke, and I had the fixed. Now recently the ball joint on the front right wheel snapped an I got that repaired. I'm commuting to Detroit from the suburbs every day and I don't think this car is going to hold out for such a commute very long. Especially when the winter hits.

Get the Accord serviced, or look for more options. Not trolling, no malice, but the cars you posted are turds of the highest order.

>drive around on fucked suspension
>transmits more force into the subframe
>breaks it

How's the body? Is it rusty? Interior trashed or decent?

>Anyone have experience with buying rental cars?
dont fucking do it

this

the accord is a decent little car
fix it

checked

The body has no rust on it, and the interior is really clean too. The subframe broke because the AC dripped onto it and basically eroded it. I looked for a very long time and could not find the source of the leak.

If those are your options, just fix the Accord. You are just asking for more issues with the other cars.

Take it to a professional and get them to put dye in it or check for leaks if dye was already in it. Rebuild the suspension with oem components. It'll never ride perfect with aftermarket parts.

>7k FREEDUMBUX
>Best you can find is a GM world car

How are you THIS retarded? I've found better cars for 4 thousand Canadian bux.

I found a 2009 Mazda 3 with 85k miles. Would this be better? I dislike american cars as well, but figured it wouldn't be too bad since the car is only two years old.

>I dislike American cars as well
Faggot.

It's not that American cars have problems, it's that GM world cars do.

And yes the Mazda 3 is probably better than a Chevy spark. That said the spark does have way more standard features, but it also has an anemic ass 96hp engine. And with the CVT you're better off just walking. If you find a manual, it's better at putting that power to the floor though.

Go look at both cars, i don't know why you're settling for subcompacts with 7 thousand dollars, but it's your choice.

Would a 2008 Subaru Legacy with 62k miles be better?

Yes, better than both choices.

Why don't you just post a list of cars you can buy.

much better
and this

That's basically what I've been doing. I'm waiting to hear back to see if it's title is clean.

Fix it
I
X
I
T

Anecdote here, I worked at a rental company in the late 2000's. We had a hybrid Camry and at 50k km you could physically feel the hybrid battery kick in. It went to auction 3 times and no one bought it. I left the company when it was close to 80k km so I dunno what happened to it. Don't buy an ex-rental.

Basically I've been looking for a car for 7k or under, with a clean title, under 100k miles, and not too old. I'm okay with getting cars from 2004 onward as long as they're still in good condition. I am preferably looking for something that's zippy and has good millage. Size isn't a huge concern since I will be mostly commuting. Am I asking for too much? Every Honda/Toyota/Subaru seems to not have a clean title.

I've also found a 2010 nissan versa and a 2008 Mitsubishi Galant

Fix it faggot. Your car is a known quantity. When you buy one of these shitboxes, it's problems come with it. Some of which might cost you more money than rebuilding your suspension.