/scg/edg/ Elite Citizens General: Piloting Starships Dangerously Edition

Last thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg
Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtu.be/_7GG0y8Jmcs

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If you're a stupid faggot shut up and fuck off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1yBd5RY7GRo
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman
youtu.be/XqRax4xPy_M?t=30
robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/argo/MPUV-Cargo
youtube.com/watch?v=A1YxNYiyALg
youtube.com/watch?v=JNblPkb3UrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Line of Defense is a game. So is Star Citizen. They are both incomplete, not many people play them, and there's not much to do in both.

Thanks for playing.

Praise skelebro, for he is the one thing that's good about this general.

Those who pretend to be him shall burn in space hell for all eternity.

Also you faggots should stop taking bait

It's like none of you have learned anything in 4 years

I have an innate desire to prove my point and correct others, what can I say. Bait posts, seriously misinformed people, it's all the same to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=1yBd5RY7GRo

You sir have autism of the worst kind

kys

That doesn't look like spaceships to me

Please post spaceships

I think more people would rather see you dead Leafy.

>LoD is not a game
>LoD is not a game
>LoD is not a game
>ok it's a game but it sucks shut up
>STOP REPLYING TO HIM HE IS A TROLL SHITPOSTER GOON

>>STOP REPLYING TO HIM HE IS A TROLL SHITPOSTER GOON

This is really good advice, thank you.

Thanks for the (you) senpaitachi.

Here's another one.

I'm generous.

I think I've learned a valuable lesson today. If only I could remember what it was....

>If only I could remember what it was
The Vanduul can use the metric system. Their elite bomber is 100m long.

>He left out the thread episode number

Shitty OP.

>still believing there will be common permadeath

It's way too easy to die (espiecially on foot) for permadeath to be feasible in this game, cig will probably come up with some semi-punishing sytem for death, but there's no way there's going to be permadeath for anyone but perhaps notorious criminals.

Your character will die, there will be permadeath. Kind of been a thing since near the kickstarter and reinforced loads of times, m8.

Permadeath happens. It'll result in an ext of kin taking over your characte and you loosing a lot of reputation with factions because you're only the "relative" of that person.

Risk and reward for everything, that's CR's goal.

Ah, /scg/. Quite the pathetic lot...

Tell me, are you still throwing your money away on image files?

The game has a perma-death mechanic but it's not what you think it is.

So of course in most if not all MMOs, if you die you respawn. Some games give an in universe explanation on how your character is able to come back to life, like the spirit healer and corpse running in WoW. Star Citizen will be one of those games.

Your character has something like "lives." He/she is allowed to die multiple times without much penalty (except purely visual, like replaced/prosthetic limbs, scars, etc). Chris has said that unlike other MMOs, in Star Citizen the "character" you will be taking care of is your ship. Because there are no levels and skills, you will be spending more time customizing and upgrading your vehicle, rather than your player. There will be ways to regain lives, for example from missions or stem cell research funding.

What about when those "lives" run out?

When creating your character you have to point out your beneficiary, which is the character that will inherit everything from your old one. It's essentially a backup. This means that when your character runs out of lives, he/she dies, the person you made the beneficiary (for example your son) will recieve everything the previous character owned, including reputation. So, if you had a ship and you were a bandit, upon death your beneficiary character will get your ship and will have the reputation of a bandit like his father. But the reputation will be "lighter," people will associate the beneficiary as a bandit because of his father, but he'll have the chance to change it more easily than his father before him. Also, when your character dies, all his deeds will be remembered.

Technically, perma death isn't a gameplay mechanic, it's purely a cosmetic thing for immersion. It doesn't affect gameplay, and you won't lose anything once your character actually dies.

Source: robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

If you buy me some I'll stop posting in this thread.

Xth for Best Ship

So when will I be able to land on plantes? Any guesstimate on this?

Type-6 master race reporting in

3.0, which is the update after 2.6. 2.6 is the next update. 2.6 flight changes are already on Evocati and Star Marine should be on Evocati/PTU around CitCon next month on the 9th with 2.6 going to live two weeks after that. 3.0 is then anytime frm then to the end of the year.

>Best ship

Wrong

How many Dragonflies can fit in a Merchantman?

4, maybe 5

Caterpillar holds: 512 Cargo units.
Merchantman holds: 5018 Cargo units.

The Caterpillar can fit two per module with 4 cargo modules (not including front unique module) so each dragonfly is 50 cargo units each. This means, ignoring gameplay practicality and engine possiblity:

The Merchantman has enough cargo space for 100 Dragonflies.

Banu Merchantman confirmed for best pirate ship in the game

Hey Plax, I thought you worked quality control for dragon dildos at Bad Dragon. Did you get fired or something?

you're a fucking faggot
and no less culpable than I
lop off your dick and eat some buckshot for all i care
more lively company than a lot of you fucking losers

[REDDIT INTENSIFIES]

Posting best weapon in the game

>you will never deploy a swarm of 100 dragonflies with 200 players like mobile space bee colony

>5x gatling
fail

>Best

Not even close kiddo

best eater of ships

>people think the avenger is worth using
Nice """""aegis dynamics""""" aesthetic you got there.

still waiting for an AE-86 type ship in star citizen~ something junky with no gforce protection or something

I wonder if Citcon will show this level of forest or something with way less trees

I want to see that brush tech they've been bragging about. Like someone creating an empty planet in real time and brushing it with their creation tool and watching it get populated with trees and mountains, etc. Then creating buildings using it.

mustang omega

I think that just means things like

youtu.be/XqRax4xPy_M?t=30

>tfw 1 shotting tarantula users at twice the range that their pips even appear

3-4 of these on s3 gimbals, alligned to the same pip on a sabre or cutlass is disgusting

are there space elevators in SC?

The "hull-x" designs look like they would never be able to enter a planet's orbit, have they already comited to that?

They can't land with cargo, the big ones at least
They just stick to stations

yeah

robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/argo/MPUV-Cargo

Why are people afraid of a little challenge?

> flight ready
> unavailable

why does this happen? are they kickstarter rewards? take my money

They havent really mentioned how they plan to deal with the very large ships docking "parking" as far as i know. the larger hull series arent anything more than 200+ dollar .jpgs right now and ships larger than the caterpillar are a very long ways off.

i'm gonna assume the massive ships are going to be in space 99% of the time, and any transfers of cargo to planet surfaces will be done via smaller ships. realistically (assuming they wont throw in the "future magic" card) something of that size should never be able to exist inside a planet's gravity, would be built in space and live in space.

in an ideal world, your organization could have their own space stations for their specific needs that could be customized heavily to suit the org's needs.

When is the Sean Tracey interview going to go up?

Friday

The Idris is supposed to be the biggest ship with landing capabilities, dunno how that thing will land on uneven terrain without leaving half of the ship floating above the ground.

So, trade/cargo hauling or exploration? Which gonna be more fun and profitable?

trade for money exploring for fun

obviously

I'm really wondering how they are gonna handle complex AI interactions, like shown in the gamescom presentation but with NPC.
It even seemed hard for the players to navigate the terrain, land the ship, zero G-Combat etc.

Live dang you.

Caterpillar best ship

Make pirates great again

Get hype, Citizencon soon.

TWELVE DAYS

2 WEEKS MINUS 2 DAYS

new sale during citcon?
cant wait to buy a merchantman and be a spacejew

That'll be November sale.

CitCon is buy a Polaris Corvette and become a warlord

I sure fucking hope so. I want to melt some ships and get something good.

Polaris

So why is everyone so excited about the Polaris if it's pretty much universally agreed upon that both turret placement, design and gameplay suck? Following their previous design choices a multicrew combat subcapital will just end up being a collection of various turrets.

this

manned turrets are sheeit

Why do you retards think manned turrets will always work the way they currently work?

because WWII and you cant change history

manned turrets are OUTDATED

Because it's major design point is "Good turret coverage"

Meaning it'll be the least shite turrerboat

>they think turrets won't be fixed whenthey're universely broken

Okay kids, time to go to bed

Pic related is a proper turret that might actually be fun to sit in for a while. A pair of S2 guns on a ship that turns so fast that it's pretty much impossible to keep the turret on target even if they added stabilization is not.
To make manned turrets work they'd have to stabilize them, either remove them from any

Literally not perma-death.

That's fluff. It's cosmetic. There is a penalty attached, but that penalty isn't perma-death.

Perms-death is crunch. It means *losing absolutely everything* as a death penalty. Even fluffed as your avatar "surviving", that's still perms-death.

If you maintain *any* non-cosmetic progression you are "like perma-death" at purest.

>Turret placement, design and gameplay suck

Turret gameplay only sucks because right now all we have are fighter tier ships that can't actually make use of manned turrets.

>Citizencon in 2 weeks
>SpaceX Mars announcement in 1 hour

source?
ass?

What the fuck are you saying? They're both general knowledge. Anniversary sale in November every year, and Ben's said CitCon is when the Polaris is coming up on ten with trannie

Did he specifically state that?

I know of the CitCon and November sales.

Was referring to the claim that no currently-not-available ships would be sold again for the CitCon's duration, like the Carrack.

Which is BEST SHIP.

Sale question:
I have an Aurora LN sc+sq package. 45$
I have an LN to Titan upgrade. 15$

When the sale comes round, will I be able to melt the above, into $60, use my rebuy token on my base package, and then have 15$ store credit to put into an on sale CCU?

This is how it worked last year?

>like the Carrack.
Never claimed the Carrack would be sold then. Only the Polaris will be sold then and maybe some relevent packs

ITS HAPPENING

youtube.com/watch?v=A1YxNYiyALg

By that logic, the slow as balls retaliator and starfarer turrets would rock. The simple fact is almost all the manned turrets suck largly because a couple of S2 guns are worth diddley squat in the current state of the game.

Why not just melt the ccu and leave the base package alone?

The upgrade is applied, I don't see a way to melt it without melting the entire package?

Melt the pack and rebuy with store credit now, you'll be free of it

Just make it so the ship suffers catastrophic damage if you beach it wile landing, its own weight crushes its spine so to speak. That way landings as limited to pads, water or salt beds.

Mnn, makes sense, buyback token gets refreshed on Oct 1st right, so I spend current one, and have another, whislt having 15 buckaroos ready for sales.

>would rock

I don't know, haven't used them. Though I've seen some turrets on a connie do work. Regardless, they seem extra shitty right now because a manner turret operator is fighting both enemies and the pilot of their own ship.

Starfarer has S4 & S5 on the Gemini's turret. Retaliator turrets suck and it's difficult tracking ships with turrets. Got into a Gemini vs Gemini fight while in the turret and it felt like the intro to Star Wars Episode 4. They'll fix the issues definitely as pretty sure CIG said they're unhappy with turrets currently

IT'S LIVE

BEST FRIENDSHIPS COMIN THRU

>Pic related + Terrapin

Dont know how this game look like at release but Im thinking going like this

>Starting with Delta/LN/New Starter
>grinding to the cutlass
>grinding to Caterpillar

youtube.com/watch?v=JNblPkb3UrM

>you will never colonize mars

>you will never be able to speak clearly
I know how that feels as an ESL