Detailing general

Detailing general.

MFW these are the only two products available in Spain, are they any good?

turtle wax a shit

Rubbing gravel and sand on the paint is probably better than using turtle wax.

spain a disgusting shithole

turtlewax a disgusting excuse for wax

wow so random and funny XD

>only two products available in Spain
wow OP they have the internet in spain but only let you visit Veeky Forums?

you ever heard of amazon?

fucking helpless child

Oi, I use turdle wax, why is it so shit? What should I get instead of it, I'm about to run out.
>meguiars
not going to start ordering, give me something more available

Asking Veeky Forums for a reason why something is bad other than "it's shit lol" won't get you any answers. This place is full of children.

That being said the best two brands for the average consumer are Mother's and Meguiar's so you should go with those if you have money to spare. If you don't have money to spare there's nothing wrong with TW, it's cheap and does its job adequately. Most car owners here don't have anything better than a fucking Civic so I don't know why they are so autistic about detailing their FWD econoshit.

I have old fwd shit. I like to keep it nice tho, guess I'll stick to whatever I can find from the local stores, they've been good so far.

It's not like there's anything inherently wrong with keeping your FWD econoshit looking nice, but going all out with cleaning and maintenance that would be used for a car that costs 3x as much is just pissing money away. Buy for your car's price level.

The only thing I would say is worth the money is Meguiar's Gold Wash because its simply does the job better than its competition and is well priced. But clay bars, polishes, and expensive waxes? Unless you have a brand new car and are looking to resell in excellent condition, an excellent condition sports/muscle/etc car, or a collector's car it's just not worth your time or money. Stick with your Turtle Wax and save some money for other stuff like gasoline and oil.

+turtle wax is cheap
-harder to apply
-harder to buff
-harder to get off trim
-doesnt last as long as others i've tried

realistically TW will do fine for most shitboxes
and i'd argue most people here dont even wax their shitbox

>But clay bars, polishes, and expensive waxes
>it's just not worth your time or money

that is a shit opinion user

Nah man, I have the cheap polisher, cheap clay bar, cheap merino wools, cheap waxes, cheap soaps, cheap microfibres, cheap everything and I spend a lot of time putting in work on the old car just to keep it looking nice.

Can't be left with a thumb up my ass and loads trial and error when I get a new nicer car.

>-harder to apply
Use some elbow grease
>-harder to buff
^
>-harder to get off trim
^^
>-doesnt last as long as others i've tried
Are you talking the synthetic or carnauba?
>that is a shit opinion user
No, it's a frugal opinion. Clay bars and polishes were originally meant for car show cars so that when people touched the car's surface to judge it would be smooth like glass.

Sure, you can feel free to do that. I would rather save that money for gasoline.

Protip for getting wax off trim:
>pencil eraser
just get one of those big ones and keep it in the car, if you can find a black eraser, all the better.

More power to you then.

>ive only ever used turtle shit so i think it's actually comparable to literally any other brand

>Clay bars and polishes were originally meant for car show cars

>>ive only ever used turtle shit
Strawmanning
>>Clay bars and polishes were originally meant for car show cars
That's true, shitposter-kun

then you could easily post a source for that information

>Strawmanning

google that word you fucking mong

I'm not going to spoonfeed you

Strawmanning is basically putting words in someone else's mouth and then calling them out for saying those words. I never said I've only used turtle wax. I know it's not as good as other brands and said that already.

Also the fact that your post is exactly one minute and one second after this post the previous post with no increase in poster count is suspicious.

>claim something
>get told to prove it
>lmao spoonfeeding

i could claim that turltewax is made by crushing baby turles into dust and that i wont spoonfeed you the source because reasons

burden of proof is on you

No they're not, you piece of shit fucking faggot.

You can get lots of good car care products including the two biggest brands; Autoglym and Meguair's.

>2016
>using Carnuba wax instead of sealant

>Meguair
I take it this is good

What sealant can you recommend??

Meguiars Ultimate is good, paste or liquid, you choose.

And before anyone says anything, yes, they call it Ultimate "Wax", but it is pure synthetic sealant, no carnuba involved.

>What sealant can you recommend??
Pick the most industrial looking one you can find. If it says its formulated for boats or planes it's probably pretty fucking long lasting.

Post cars post car wash niggas. Your advice means nothing to me without results

Im gonna get shit on for this but in all honesty:
Armorall wash and wax is actually the best wash result ive had for any car and owned ive tried all the maguairs wash shit.

Gold Class > Ultimate
Deal with it fagboy.
Ultimate does not leave anything close to the finish that gold class does.

I know, I used Gold Class religiously, but now i'm all about that lasting protection