Can't decide

So I'm in the market for a new car and I'm considering the FoST and the FiST. Can anyone on here that owns either tell me what they like or dislike about them, and why they picked one over the other?
>Pic related, a FiST I was looking at yesterday

Other urls found in this thread:

adamtuned.myshopify.com/products/pumaspeed-x-37-320-billet-7-blade-hybrid-turbocharger-for-2014-fiesta-st
fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9094-Official-Pumaspeed-X-37-Hybrid-Turbo-Thread
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watching this thread because I'm also curious

Both are practical enough for me, just wondering about performance/fun/reliability. Will probably go Mountune regardless of which I buy.

I've got a Fiesta ST with a good deal of after market parts on it. Any question you have particularly?

Basic run down, I'm running an e30 tune most of the time with 235whp/280tq, owned it for about 2 years and have put 25,000 miles on it without an issue.

I'd like to know what you like and dislike about it and why you chose it over a FoST.
Also, I sat in one and while I do appreciate the cat that it's buttons and knobs, the climate controls feel...cheap. do they hold up over time?
And should I get them, are mountune parts worth it?

I've owned my Focus st for a bit over a year now. So far I've really enjoyed it. Haven't done any mods.
Both cars are pretty much the same performance-wise, however some think that the fiesta is a bit more "sporty" because it's smaller size. I ended up with the focus because I often have to drive people or packages around each week, and the extra in the rear makes a significant difference. So far the only thing I don't like is the low speed handling, making U-turns requires 2+ lanes and parking in narrow spots is tricky. Other than that, it's been a great DD

I also own an ST. I bought a FiST mainly because I didn't want/need the extra space of the FoST. That and I've owned a normal Fiesta before, and it served me well.

Best thing for you to do is test drive both and see what you prefer.

As far as mountune parts go, the reviews are mostly positive, so go for it. I'm actually thinking of the MR230 tune myself.

There's also going to be a MR265 upgrade released soon, boosting power again.

I see. So coming from a Toyota matrix, it sounds like the FoST would be somewhat similar and perhaps easier to pick up, driving wise.

>265HP

Holy shit that sounds awesome

How light it is was one of the reasons I chose it over the Focus. It just feels nimble, has a really good stock turbo kick, and a great blend of classic car setup (the dials/dash) with modern convenience. Yeah parts of it feel pretty cheap (climate control), but if you get the Recaro seats you sit snug, the steering wheel is great, and you don't really have to touch much else. The Focus is kind of lumbering in comparison. Certainly faster in a straight line, but not nearly as quick.

The Fiesta is a pretty tight squeeze, but you can take 3 passengers around town with you if you need to. The Focus is a bit roomier, but mostly in the back seat/trunk area, so the cockpit feels a bit cramped.

Everything has held up fine over time, I haven't had any issues honestly. As far as Mountune, I don't recommend the MP215 unless you're really worried about your warranty. It's just not a great value overall, and you'd be happier with pretty much any other tuner on the platform, including Randy at Mountune's protune. Mountune does make great parts though, on par or better than Cobb in a lot of ways.

>this exact thread and wording every day
Just buy one

>Test drive both
I suppose this is what I'll have to do.

That 265 sounds... interesting.

I don't need two cars right now.

If you're looking up turbo swaps you should check out the X37 from Pumaspeed and Tune+.

adamtuned.myshopify.com/products/pumaspeed-x-37-320-billet-7-blade-hybrid-turbocharger-for-2014-fiesta-st

Not OP but how tall are the people who own FiSTs? I'm 6'1" so I just have some concern. I fit in an NA Miata just barely with my knees hitting the steering wheel for reference

I'm 6'2"/220 and fit fine in the Recaros, and the front seat is quite spacious.

What about back seat space? I never have anyone with me often, but it's nice to know that it's somewhat comfortable in the back.

It's a "hybrid turbo" setup which is something I've never heard of before. It uses electricity to spin up the turbo on top of exhaust gases.

Just curious how temporary this boost will be, and how much weight it adds. Would it run off its own capacitor or use the car battery? Even if it's only 10 seconds of boost, might be fun to scare the shit out of passengers with, or blow the doors off BRZ's.

I usually recommend people not sit behind me unless they are small, but it's still manageable for around town. You could do 3 total in the car fairly comfortably for an hour or so if necessary. It's ideal for 2 people though, the rear doors are a convenience more than anything.

The curves look like this, planning to install one this winter/spring. :)

Thank you for your input.
I am leaning towards the FiST due to the simplistic nature of everything (though many would call it spartan) but I don't need or want most of the neato shit that comes with most modern cars. However the focus has some things I like that aren't available on the fiesta, hence the thread.

Yep, that's how I felt about the car. It's 'spartan' but the TCS off button is just right there, and a simple click. It's got bluetooth connection which is convenient, can play MP3s off a USB drive, and automatic climate control is nice the rare times I use it, but otherwise I'm very connected to the driving experience.

More reading on the X37:
fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9094-Official-Pumaspeed-X-37-Hybrid-Turbo-Thread

I've never driven a Matrix , but from what I've seen the focus is a little bit bigger. I used to drive an old toyota before trading up and it was easy to transition. The biggest changes I noticed were probably the boost and change in cabin visibility in comparison to my old shitbox.

How do you feel about the sound system?

It's alright, it's the 'premium' Sony system that came with every 15 in the US. The low end is lacking, but other wise it's solidly 'alright'. Some people add a basic 10" sub but I don't care for any extra weight.

>shitty angry modern car design