Alright so I think I'm going to drive for Uber/Lyft...

Alright so I think I'm going to drive for Uber/Lyft, and am probably gonna sell my current car for one that meets the qualifications, though I should mention that I'd be selling this car anyway cause I'd like something newer.

Up until now I was kind of looking at like a 2012 Civic Si, though maybe there are some other options I'm not thinking about. For me, an Si is a compromise between having a total gutless and economical mom-car and buying something as fast as possible that I'd want as car guy. My limit is like no more than 15k and it has to be reliable as fuck.

what think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/668118762/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where are you? The rules for Uber depend on where you are and where you're operating. For instance, in NYC for UberX (which pays like shit compared to regular Uber) you have to have a 2010 or newer model year vehicle. Also, you need rideshare insurance, otherwise you have no coverage for insurance while you have the app open but don't have a passenger in the car.

Uber/Lfyt are making money but the drivers aren't.

why are you trying to get a SI as an uber?
isnt the whole point to get a car that gets the best MPG
also yeah like posted above theres not a lot of money to be made

I'll be driving in San Francisco, my friends regularly make 25-30/hr.

Also I should mention that I probably won't keep this vehicle for more than 2 years, maybe not even one and a half years.

Civic Si would be a pretty poor choice for uber/lyft, stiff suspension would be punishing after elongated periods of driving time.

Also if your primarily doing city driving, the mpg's are going to suck up your already limited pay.

How much can a person reasonably expect to make with Uber?

Honestly, I'd buy the car with the lowest cost of ownership and lowest overall purchase price while at the same time minimizing potential reliability problems. You should be able to pick up the base model of any number of current compacts for about $13k ish brand new, especially with a stick shift if you insist on that. A Nissan sentra for example, totally unloved but they crank them out down in mexico by the thousands and dealers in the US stack 'em deep and sell 'em cheap. Buying a base model will help mitigate depreciation. Kia Forte or even a base Corolla would work too. Focus is a bit too tight in the back. Cruze LS is another decent option, they ride super comfy. Cheapest options hands down right now is a Versa S sedan with a 5spd. brand new for about $8-9k all day. Drive it for two years and sell it for like $7k.

>$8-9k for a new Versa sedan
>check Nissan's website
>$12k with no options

Nigga what

just get a real job

best car for uber

4 on 4 off, time to kill during the day.

>Paying MSRP for a Versa

Nigga what

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/668118762/overview/

what if you pick up drunk people and they puke in your'e car?

>not buying a car capable of uberXL fares
Ya dun goof'd

This
Uber is worth jack shit on your resume, working at papajohns or dominos would be better for your resume.

Driver ambassador here, you make an average of 400-1000 per week (from what I've asked of partners) in the LA Area. If you are driving full time on the road all day you can expect to break a thousand. You have to save up your earnings for tax at the end of the year though.

You email support ([email protected]) and the rider will get charged for the detailing service.

You can write off a lottttt of things on your taxes. This includes gas, and even car payments.

Uber will be a side thing while working at internships.

In SF I know people coming home with like 250-400 daily.

Is this really what this garbage fucking board has come to?

>For me, an Si is a compromise between having a total gutless and economical mom-car and buying something as fast as possible that I'd want as car guy

>Having a honda fucking civic equates to being a car guy

>Uber/Lfyt are making money but the drivers aren't.

This, OP. Go apply for jobs at their HQ.

Is there a fucking problem? Is a Civic Si not a decent reasonable compromise between a Prius and an STI? Granted it's not smack-dab in the middle but what better choices are there? Your shit-tier response and the rest of your responses you probably fag up this board with are probably a greater contributer to fucking up this board.

I guess what I should really stress is that this is going to be a part-time job, not a full-time. I'm still in school. This is going to be a side-job next to internships and classes.

That interior looks like shit.