Veeky Forums's thoughts on these? It's a 2003 Mitsubishi Galaxy, more specifically, the 2.4L 4-cylinder model

Veeky Forums's thoughts on these? It's a 2003 Mitsubishi Galaxy, more specifically, the 2.4L 4-cylinder model.

>fwd
>no ecoboost

*Galant. Damn autocorrect.

HAHAHA HA FWD!?!?!?!

They call them Shitsubishis for a reason.

That's what I've heard, but I was looking for input from someone who's actually owned one.

>family sedan
>4cyl

Not at all inspiring. We dropped the 4G64 models in 1998 because they didn't sell compared to the V6.

Look for one with the 6G7 engine.

>family sedan
its a sports car

If you want input from people who own cars, you've come to the wrong place.

I already have the 4G64 model. It certainly isn't fast, but it sounds alright and gets the job done. These certainly aren't popular cars. That's why I'm asking here, since there's hardly much info about them online.

>They call them Shitsubishis for a reason
Isn't it because the Japs palmed off all the shit ones to the States? Our Magnas were pretty solid in comparison; they start burning oil at some point in their lives but never seem to run out and just keep going on without a care. CC, CE, CG and CH series Lancers here outlive Corollas.

The trailer trash shitbox of choice.

True. Just thought it would be worth a shot just in case.

I thought that would be a rusty beat-up Civic/Geo Metro/etc.?

Nope. Them and niggers are the only people still driving old Mitsubishis.

I fit neither of those criteria and I own a 2003 Mitsubishi, so...

>its a sports car
That's the VR-4 trim, mate. And those were AWD and packed either a 4G63T or a 6A13TT.

Fair enough. Some of the cunts in /dat/ might know but most of our Magnas would be V6 models.

Say what you want about Mitsubishi, but they had a great design at the time.

Agreed. Compare the pic in the OP to a 2003 Civic and that becomes pretty clear.

I've got bad news...

I think the dodge neon/stratus is more of the trailer trash sedan

It didn't even compete with the civic. Its a midsize sedan. It competed with the accord and camry.

EG and earlier Civics were pretty decent looking tho.

> (You)
>It didn't even compete with the civic. Its a midsize sedan. It competed with the accord and camry.
Sorry, that's what I meant. Was browsing some other Veeky Forums threads and the "just get a civic" circlejerk got to my head.

why do i want a galant so much

I WISH GALANTS WERE SUBCOMPACTS THEY'RE SO COOL

Buddy has one. Loves it.

Tires wear quickly for him. Just the front two...

Yeah, all 4 of mine wear out pretty quickly. Probably just needs a proper alignment though.

The last a long time of you maintain in like getting the timing belt and water pump done
I have a galant with a 2.4l 4g69 and its a pretty nice comfortable car it's just slow and boring I'd still recommend one
I have 80000 on mine and I got put 9000 miles on it since I bought it

I have one already, with the 4G64. I think that for a family sedan, it's actually pretty fun. Try driving a 2003 Camry or Accord and see how the handling compares. Our Galants are known for being very well-balanced cars.