Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4181000
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grafton/cars-vans-utes/2001-xr8-sedan-220-opt20-interceptor-may-swap/1112152964
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sutherland/cars-vans-utes/s13-silvia-p-plate-legal/1116401847
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lidcombe/cars-vans-utes/1991-nissan-silvia-s13-coupe/1119114004
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>holden a shit edition
kek

First for falcunt got rekt by his mechanic

/dat/ ass
Kek
>3rd for jimmy got rekt by his insurance

jimmy got a sick payout and bought an audi TT mate

that's pretty grotty my friendo

Proof? Which one?

pov pack 200hp one i bet
This is mine thats just a trolle image.

>inb4 stockies
tyre blew out

FUCK forgot pic related

the repeater.

Honestly? Pretty much all of them.
Was doing discs and pads on the panvan today, didn't realise that the wheel bearings are inside the rotors on them.
Ruined my whole Fuckin day.

>boomer cars will never be common $500 shitboxes ever again

guys from the last meet said he has one. i think there are pics of it.

>keeps saying his vx is "low as fuck"
that's plenty of clearance dude

Finally got around to doing my cam cover gaskets and every hose I had to take off died. The further I go down the more oil I find over everything, a simple gasket change has now blown out to 4 hours of cleaning and I've given up for the night only having done the exhaust side. You lot achieve anything today?

No i meant to jack up from the front jack points/rails

like i got a slimline jack and those csa's i have on them with those maxxis tyres are actually shorter in profile quite alot and it lowers the car a fuckload especially at the front.

Pic is deceiving because of fucking goddamn perspective and that fish eye lens the cameraman used.
Nope fuck all i cruised home at 40-100km/h like a granny

pretty sure my ute is lower

your trip says falcunt, a portmanteau of 'Falcon' and 'Cunt'

wheres your falcon, cunt?

It had to happen sometime, at least something tragic didn't happen later

Wish i had these rears back on it does sit lower

Going to 18x9 Squares next week

He spent $15,000 on it then gave it to a friend for free.

Mums falcon that i happen to basically co own because she refuses to fix it without my help?

Ummm uhhh heres a old pic from like 4 years ago.

Bock stock au2 fairmont 2001 with those oldfart headlight protectors and bonnet thingo

Shits fucking mint cosmetically i gotta rice it up soon for fun.

>mfw 2.5" + 4" cai soon
muahahahhah

why not find cheap 17's?
tyres are cheaper and will sit lower, sell the 18's make a profit

Yeah I'm shitty that I only noticed the splits after everything had shut, not that I'd have been able to drive it

honestly falcunt, do you even know what a fisheye lens is? and have you ever tried to make some ramps for it out of some spare wood? it's not rocket science

>te37s or te37 fakes on a boss 260
gross
get some mags brother

It was fucked.

At least this other failcon isnt as bad as a base goes and i can do it right this time around.

Gonna leave it stock cosmetically no rice no frills just all our money into restomod.

Would love to chuck a cam in it but i dunno anyone in coffs who wants to tune it even my local shop hates them
I have a shortass garage bay i need a big concrete slab but i havent had the money to pour one yet
agreed its why i got aussie rims on my aussie cars.

Because i had 17" and they wiggle around under cornering and 18" fill out a bit better + look nicer and i have the option for bigger brakes

>AU Falcon
>"Restomod"

There goes another 15k...

how does a short garage bay have anything to do with screwing a few planks of wood together

genuine, got them cheap used from a co-worker.

the original's where just so curb rashed i couldnt look at them anymore,but they make good skid tyres with cheap kelly brand tyres. federal rs-rr's are going on the rota's

do you read the words you post? restomod one of the worst falcons?

Don't do another 15k AU Falcon, just sell it you dumb shit.

I want to do pads and a line flush on my commie, might have a suss tomorrow and check out how much is left on em

getting a slight grind if I coast with my foot on the brake slightly, no grind when stopping... probably the disc

I changed my valve cover gasket, still not leaking after about 3 months so job well done I say

That makes it a bit better but still, TE37s are worth a fair bit. Save them and put something else on the XR8.

Is that a replacement bumper?, doesn't seem to line up with the quarters right

carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4181000
worth it boys?

ahhhhh its probably fine.
but i currently have 12 spare wheels an 11 with tyres sitting in the shed, and i really dont need anymore

It's got reg and roady, 215,078kms though

Suss it out and try knock him down, I don't know hondas though so can't say

Yeah i think the old fella got in a argument with a curb before i bought it because one of the stock rims was scuffed in a unmistakable way.

It looks a bit better now the body shop place fixed it when a fucking tree took it out

Well pads I will probably do, line flush is mainly just to learn how to do it and bleed it all etc

>Selling a au2 falcon
Why? I couldnt give mine away they are worth $200 on dumbtree

Those wheels are a crime against humanity, offer 2200-2500.

are there any aftermarket steering wheels that have airbags in them

Line flush is easy me and me dad came up with a easy way

>Undo bleeder on 1st caliper
>pump till filler reso near dry and wait for the fluid in the caliper to go clean
>close bleeder
>repeat for remaining 3 calipers
If there was any air it was easy to bleed them at least on toyotas and falcons

Fucking jeep ones tho where the WORST.

>can't sell car
>might as well sink $15k of "FARRRRRRKIN sikk mawds CUNT" into it instead

Yeah nah yeah nah have to be factory from a newer model only as far as i know in nsw.

Just build a track car and keep that p plater shit off the street

So why would you want to mighty mod one?
Main thing I'm interested in it for is the tasty dual cam B16 instead of the shitty single cam D16

you do realise theyre rotas right
dumb cunt

Swap the steering wheel from a nicer model car from your marque, ala Momo leather wheel from a WRX into a normal Impreza etc

i literally tried to get my mum to sell it all year and she wouldnt budge (boomer) so i have no choice

Boomers
o
o
m
e
r
s
>So why would you want to mighty mod one?
To piss moog Veeky Forums and myself off

>not trolling yourself
>falcunt current year

Pretty sure you start from the furthest and work up to the closest, not sure though desu

see
Falcondouche isn't a dumb cunt so I believe him m8

>mfw i see cunts on rapebook trying to sell 'racing' vt-vy wheels for $500+ with no airbag, cover or anything just the bare wheel
cunts fucked

gotta reglue mine the leather coming off one bit needs attention.

Hm I guess I could hunt down an S15 wheel, but idk if they had steering wheel airbags

Yeah i do it automatically but if you are a noob like i was remember
>Closest to the master cylinder first then 2nd closest then 3rd + 4th

Backs order doesnt matter as much as the front out of habbit also do drivers first on a RHD obviously gl.

If you dont have a meatsack to help you press the pedal while you bleed some fat yank said put a old plank in the drivers seat and wedge it on the brake pedal seemed to work well

>rota's
>genuine te37's
yeah mate you're not a dumb cunt at all

i said rotas inwas it not implied i was shit stirring? sorry.

Nah thought you were talking about another set lol. All g tho

Guys what are some good wheels to put on my vy?
Thinking something with a lot of dish or concaved rims. Don't care if I need to get guards rolled and pumped.

20" status grinders

How wide are we talking here?

i have 9" front and back and they dont rub but i wanted grip not show over go so idk.

Depends on how low you want it to sit on stock low fe2 springs mine didnt touch or rub even at full load they would scrape tho so watch that tyre roll i think thats how i busted one of mine.

Pretty sure stock front struts the max is 9.5" stock offset or legal offset until you run into trouble and have to get coilovers to clear it.

If I lowered the ass end on my commie wagon on superlows and kept the front stock height, would that throw off the car to the point it's unsafe/stupid?

Any forest trails in Adelaide?

i want to drive on a dirt road through the forest

What rear shocks?

springs dont really matter its the shocks or lack of that make shit stupidily dangerous right alongside suspention travel.

If you want to do it properly get engineered bags and front coilovers

You used to be able to drive through parts of kuitpo and Mt. Crawford, maybe even Jupiter Creek if it's the place I'm thinking of. Not sure about anymore though, haven't been that way in years

Prob KYB shortened shocks

get sssssssssl and raise the front an inch, for that sweet drag look.
it'll probably be fine

>sssl
Fuck that man I'd be scraping the ass on everything, it scrapes as it is stock if I'm not careful

Just run makita specials all round. Towing the invisible caravan looks shit

>makita specials
You saying what I think you're saying?

>not just running on the bump stops, no springs or shocks needed

Sorry I took a while m8
3.45 LSD, T5 manual, black leather, factory momo wank knob & steering wheel. FG xr6 feels heavy and spongy in comparison despite having more power. The au has really light responsive steering with good feedback and a proper cable throttle. Had it dynoed at 153rwkw with just an exhaust

>run only bump stops
>hit pot hole
This will give me nightmares tonight

>The au has really light responsive steering with good feedback and a proper cable throttle
I didn't notice a difference between the AU and the FG, the AU's steering was a bit loose compared to the FG but they both handle pretty good, FG xr6 has some go to it too

>Fucking your strut mounts and bushings
>Being a retard
Might as well go out and get a angle grinder and cut springs and get defected

Noice

Yeah i miss my au2 steering, shame its not variable because its HEAVY as fuck when parking.

First thing i do when i come into some money is get some nice wide 17" 9" rims for the new gayu

Also the IRS is most noticeable under power in corners. It just digs down and lets you control the rotation more precisely as you apply more throttle

jeep with solid front and rear i found i had more control with it desu but thats because of the AT tyres and shocks

Whats the best ~$20k V8 you can get in Australia?

cammed vy ss/calais/hsv
modded vt-vx sedan anything (stay away from the utes)

XR8 post 2003 are pretty good unless you can find a mint tickford 220 with some decent mods/cam

cheap ba xr8 with good aftermarket super
yeah variable power steering working out well for you at the moment?

T3 TE50 5.6

>yeah variable power steering working out well for you at the moment?
Yeah its weird its self learning so it kicks in and out when it needs too its fucking freaky is not like electric at all.

kind of a cross between tractor hydraulic only steering and no assists at all its so fucking weird.

ive only had a year with it but so far ive worked out on stock settings

0-40km/h is full assist pretty much all the time
50-80km/h it starts to back off
85km+ is pretty much 100% off and you get alot of road feel.

Doesnt understeer anymore either so the stock rack was fucked when i got it.

KEK this is like 80km away from me

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grafton/cars-vans-utes/2001-xr8-sedan-220-opt20-interceptor-may-swap/1112152964

>status grinders
kys

I'm planning to run coil overs as I'll have this car for the next 4 years, so why not. Looking at MCA blues or Bc brs.

Atm I don't know if I want 20" wheels and tucking rim or if I want smaller wheels and have an aggressive fitment.
But yeh, just after some ideas of what wheels would look good. I like Lenso D1rs but they are pretty common like simmons. So something not too common on commys would be good.

one of the guys at my work has 20's lowered on coil overs.
paid money for it all to be done properly, without the coils he reckons it will scrub, and in person it looks so close i cant fathom how it doesnt

I'm saying stop being a pussy get the angle grinder out. It's only a commodore

I'd rather not end up around a tree when taking a corner tbqh

Bought the wrong car then honestly.

i have 18" and they are too fucking big for these shithole 3rd world roads

hope you have nice roads because 19-20" are gonna get fucked by them.
Kek city people and their builds make me kek

Need to by my first car.

$15k budget.

What's a no frills, automatic, reliable daily driver car to get for that budget?

I plan on keeping it for as long as possible.

From Melbourne too.

A) I would like to know what you would personally get with that budget

B) What you would get with the budget and my main criteria in mind

>Kek city people and their builds make me kek
Haw haw dem fuckn city boys, ain't that right kleetus!

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sutherland/cars-vans-utes/s13-silvia-p-plate-legal/1116401847
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lidcombe/cars-vans-utes/1991-nissan-silvia-s13-coupe/1119114004

WHICH/ONE
Both are 7k, both are non turbo, both have about 180k kms. One is stock and very clean but is auto. The other is pretty heavily modded but looks pretty good and is manual. I'm going to daily it, but I'd rather have a manual box instead of doing a tranny swap. The auto one looks super clean though, so I'm conflicted on which one to get.

New Kia Rio. 7 year warranty, efficient, safe, reliable.

>muh dashcams

Can get for $15k

BA XR6
A

X
R

lidcome one is much better get that if you must

They are slow as fuck and well its a stock s13 na so its boring honestly

Need more info
>How old are you
>What is your occupation
>How much money do you earn