What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Chevrolet SS?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Chevrolet SS?

Not available in canadia

good car

I would rather have a charger SRT 392 though for the money

Must be a great car because wasn't designed in Detroit.

>automatic only
SS is objectively better anyways because it's Australian

great car but its not cheap either.
would drive one with the 6 speed and magnetic shocks.

one hell of a sleeper

>I prefer a massive pigfat boat instead of a proper sports sedan with a manual transmission

> I'm going to bawl like a baby because someone likes something I don't.

Niche vehicle without a niche market. Would rather that GM had made the Caprice available to civilians.

That car is a Holden

It's a great car and worth its price, but I would have a hard time choosing it over a low miles used cars v

And since when are large V8 sedans a niche market?

October, 1973.

You mean the Holden?

I'm considering buying one.

I need something comfy, but unfortunately they only have the automatic ones available in my area. Would it still be worth considering over a Charger or Taurus SHO?

You mean Chevrolet Omega?

:'(

The SS was originally sold as automatic only.

so get a newer one.
just like the GTO, the early ones got the LS1 and wood for brakes.

Yes. 6L80 is great with a trans tune.

I wish they just sold holdens in the us not this rebadge bullshit

I drove one like 5 months ago. Tbh, it wasn't that great. I agree with honestly. The SS just wasn't as well put together, and it didn't feel fast. Don't get me wrong, it was fast, it's just that the Charger was a more thrilling experience. (I'd also like to point out that if you go somewhere, people know what the SRT is, and chicks dig it, whereas the SS just looks like a weird Malibu.

>people know what the SRT is
Who gives a shit about recognition value and brand identity?

they LITERALLY take the same car and put a chevy badge on it

you can just buy a holden one and stick it on

On the topic of sport sedans, would a V6 Challenger be something to consider buying? I'm concerned about repair costs and general price of something like a BMW or Mercedes, but I still want something fun and moderately fast that can haul my family or co-workers.

Charger, I mean.

test drive that bitch and see

I don't personally, except having to explain what my car is, but many people do. If you ever went out, you'd know that.

No. The V6 Challenger is a poser car. It's too heavy for anything, and needs the 5.7L as a base engine. The eight speed auto with cylinder deactivation means you can hit close to 30mpg highway and still have enough power to enjoy the car.

Absolutely not. Buying any muscle car with anything but a v8 is cancer.

Not a foxbody

I drove one, drove like an E39 M5. Big, but very well balanced and controllable. If I had money I'd probably buy one.

Good car. Too bad you can't buy any right now because
>GM quality

>Ecoboost

Not available in canadia land, sadly

It's not made by gm

cool only if you are changing the badges for holden ones

give it a few years and they will be, along with sweet police gear hooked up.

No

Especially a foxbody. Since the Mustang's introduction, the six cylinder version has always been positioned as a "secretary's car".

Do you think doing that would become like putting chev badges on commodores over here?

wish it had a holden badge instead, and at least paddle shifters

Pretty cool other then that

You can get all the Holden stuff (including the seats and steering wheel) through the dealer, and it does have paddle shifters.

I'd be interested in one if it wasn't $10k more expensive than the G8 GXP was new without being $10k better.

I've got magnetic shocks on my earlier model HSV, I honestly don't think they do a whole lot.

People do it to the GTO all the time. I imagine once the SS becomes affordable by millienials, it'll happen

I have never seen a road going one in real life, only pace car versions

The caprice is a luxury limousine version of the commodore/ss

I've seen a few. It looks like a slightly larger Cruze but the real give away is the diffuser in the rear.

>the SS just looks like a weird Malibu
For me, that's part of the charm. It's a semi-sleeper.

Gone from this world too soon.

Hopefully they'll put the SS's V8 in the ATS-V. That way its spirit will live on in an even better chassis, and the ATS-V will finally have a good engine