twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>only s chassis allowed
Yeah go fuck yourself

I mean we could do a nissan thread, i dun care

could've gotten an mr2

Not S chassis but k

>tfw burned a valve and don't have time to fix
Kill me

n/a sw20s in my area start at 4k turbos are at least 6k. I paid $2400 for my 240. Still want an mr2 though

that sux man. will probably just make it /nsg/ next time. this guy at a car show had a nice s14 with s15 front with an rb26, bored to 3.0 twin turbod, 700hp it was sick

hey FUCK YOU IDIOT

Just bought s chassis
what are the first mods you recommend?
taking it to autox later today

lel

Viper.

>tfw my old fixed position rep was comfier
finally close to painting this thing one color on my todo list after I get a Nismo power brace, angled tension rods, some fender extensions, & side marker lights

Looking at getting a 240sx around $5k, what should I look for?

Also I want to have HICAS because muh technologees

Something that runs.
>Not a 240sx

>Discover a rust hole in my roof

This was pretty devastating. I have a base model so I didn't expect this problem at all, thought I could avoid it with not getting the sunroof. It's right above where the four bolts hold the hatch/trunk glass. How much would it even cost to replace or fix this

>trips telling me not to get two fordy

JUST

Rust on floors under carpet + frame rails, and damage from previous drifting related accidents (ex; bondo'd quarter panels, creased or folded rad support, baconed frame rails & subframe)

Also HICAS is pretty rare to find that hasn't been locked out & $5k puts you into the sloppy SR swap price range.

various questions bump to bring thread back from ded

>Who makes a decent top mount turbo manifold for a GT2871R on a SR20 that wont break the bank

>Good sites for schassis parts shopping?
Mainly use Enjuku & FR Sport now.

>Megasquirt G2 NJ8994 plug n' play, yay or nay?

>good setups to put guages without looking ricey or blocking view
want boost, wideband, & oil, but not a fan of pillar pods & only have room for one on my cluster

ideal for guages would be something like this, but flat topped & blended into the dash to look similar to a R34 V-Spec computer set up, but with guages & maybe a retrofit TPMS display to show me tire pressures

>ideal for gauges is this
>tiny and hard to see, out of the way, not angled towards the driver

well not "exactly" like that.
that set up looks like shit, but it's the closest to what I want for a proof of concept

actual set up if I were to do it on my car would be angled towards me & not be raise higher then the cluster hood to prevent blocking view. Just a glance away that wouldn't pull your eyes too far from the road

Wow I bet that thing hauls ass

MS paint skills off the sharts

why not put the gauges in your steering wheel

>rotate wheel to full lock
>oil pressure line to mechanical guage gets snagged on column
>gets pulled from guage & spews hot oil into drivers face
could be a good theft deterrent.

> not having a modded steering rack so that full lock is a 60° turn
Ishiggy

Yeah, there are hardly any good examples of an s13 in my area. I'm okay with bad paint and interior, that's something easier to fix than frame or engine damage. I live in California too So rust isn't that big a deal. Mostly it's just the drift tax.
Can you buy OEM HICAS parts and put them back in?

Don't have an s chassis yet but I'm looking. Might score a 95% stock s13 hatch for pretty cheap.
A friend of mine picked up an 89 coupe with a knock in cyl. 4 for $500 last summer. We rebuilt it in the spring and barely broke it in before driving it 1500 miles to Seattle.

already have shortened knuckles for steering angle, so a modified rack were 60° of input leads to full lock would be hella twitchy

and you probably could retrofit a HICAS system into a non HICAS 240, but it'll cost alot more then its worth

I've been waiting for an /scg/ so I can post these.
Which one looks the best?
macon.craigslist.org/cto/5726310923.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5704201440.html
tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5722225397.html

This one looks the best, and all the cons he has listed arent a big deal or can be easily fixed
macon.craigslist.org/cto/5704241096.html

Just finished prepping my old knocking KA to be pulled, bought a pretty nice rebuilt one today.

>Dat 4x4 status 240 tho

Here's a pic of said KA, drop in ready. All accessories, ecu, complete harness, for 500$. Even has the stock exhaust manifold. How'd I do?

That red valve cover adds at least 20 HP. Nice.

Looks like the stock exhaust manifold, you putting a header on it?

Apeggs go home

Here's my Red 93'. I've got to get her put back together in the next couple days so I can test over the weekend in preparation for my tuning session this coming Monday. Mostly stock S15 SR20DET Spec-R swap with Wiring Specialties harness, upgraded intercooler and exhaust. Previous owner did the swap but skimped in a couple weird areas. I'm currently installing gauges (AFR, EGT, Oil Pres, Boost, Water Temp) and some heat management shit so I can run local Track days without nuking the engine.

It's done really nicely, pics don't do it justice haha. Even the intake is coated. Whole thing looks like it was hot tanked, i'd eat off of it. And yeah, I have a full 3 inch isis exhaust, header back to 2 1/2" blast pipes.
I'm seriously so giddy, I can't wait to have her back on the road

I'm looking for a turbo manifold, and I want to go cast iron since it will be stronger, and also easier to fix cracks if they do happen.
I'm looking around and all the T3/T4 manifolds I see have a port for an external wastegate. I don't really need or want to run one, so is there a way to block that off so I can just use the turbo's internal wastegate?

Where do you guys buy parts? Would you consider buying from CarID or eBay?

Enjuku & FR Sport for decent customer service & authentic stuff, Ebay for cheap random bits. Trying to find more places tho.

bump