How to immortalize your car

is your cars death via miles inevitabal? how to prevent?

Other urls found in this thread:

trucktrend.com/features/1602-the-million-mile-2007-toyota-tundra/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

seeing as there are cars with over a million miles still on the road i'll say no
you dipshit

Lots and lots of preventative maintenance. After 30 years you might end up rebuilding the engine or replacing every single part, but it will be your car and it will run for as long as you can keep fixing it.

Take very good care of parts that can't be replaced or repaired, everything else is just a matter of money.

>Death via miles
>AMC 4.0L

Replace all the fluids or have it taken to someone you know that is and isn't just taking your money and saying so

Your typical anti-learning attitude will be the ruin of you, paradoxically people drop 30k on a new car or 150k on a house over so many years and let it degrade to being worth a quarter cause they never checked the oil or fixed a leak, it's amazing how complete shit people are in that the most expensive things in their lives, they ignore as furiously hard as possible

Cars are infinitely rebuildable.

>AMC 4.0L
>being good for anything

>has 96 XJ
>has that exact engine
>325k miles without a rebuild

>girlfriend has 06 aveo
>nightmare stories about timing belt
>wanna do anything gotta go through wheel well
>thermostat housing made of plastic

There are legendary engines, then there are absolute shit. I love working on my jeep, I dread working on hers

Volvo 240 Stronk here.

263k miles and counting on my DD. Guy was selling one with 650k miles a few weeks ago, and still using it to deliver tofu, I mean pizza.

Just change the fluids and filters as needed and fix small issues before they become bigger ones.

Some cars just last longer than others due to design and function unfortunately. Just treat it well and it will deliver.

Other than outliving the roaches? It'll last a hell of a lot longer than the literal buckets it came in. 4.0L stronk.

I still wanna know what Chryco did to the ECU to push one past 300hp NA.

Yup. Fucking 4.0. Gf has 227k Mi on hers. It's almost broken in.

Is that the 900k honduh that made the news?

>'89 MJ
>Odo exempt on title
>has 4.0L
>tempted to replace broken odometer with one that reads IRRELEVANT

my by-god purple yota got about 270k she still brappin

Cars can be maintained indefinitely with proper maintenance and periodic rebuilds. The actual question is how long will your interest last in that car.

Except GMCs. Everything breaks.

At some point you have to ask yourself what is a car. You can Theseus's ship that bitch as much as you want but when does one car stop being what it was when it rolled out of the factory

yeah dawg

So the consensus of the thread is that any car can last forever if you do an AMC 4.0 swap.

I'd say that's accurate.

A miserable pile of hoons

A bit of trivia

AMC I6 fits some 2JZ motor mounts and mates to one or two common 2JZ companion transmissions plus the other way round. Do with that what you will.

As long as it is spiritually(?) the same car, it doesn't matter what parts you replace.

It's only really dead once it sits in a junkyard and turned into a little square box

Looks like a Ferd truck dash

>4.0
You literally cucked yourself out of .9l

>car has 5 digit + 1/10ths odometer
>tfw it's going to roll over to 00000.0 soon and the car will be brand new again

AMC didn't make that engine in a 4.9L capacity.

Im with him. Looks just like my 03 f150

All the vehicles I come across with super high milage are usually 90's and older ford trucks.

When your love runs out.

>*When your money runs out
FTFY

My 92 f150 has the 4.9l I6 everything has fucked up on it besides the engine.

t h i s

yes but your chassis can become fucked and warped after a while, but even that can be rewelded and pulled straight.

Death by rust is inevitable. No car lasts forever.

You can go on replacing bits as they break, but the chassis and engine block are basically the core of it. Once you replace those, it's not going to be the same car any more.

Aside from maintenance, does the way you drive effect a car's longevity (example: between a grandma and hooner)?

you can make it a 4.9L stroker

yes a lot

How do the VW's 1.6 MPI's fare?

I heard they are pretty popular in Russia, because they can chew even on low quality gas.

1998 lexus gs400

rebuild periodically, replace old parts.

>mfw amc 4l running strong at 700k miles

Feels good man

when it dies, do not scrap the engine. its a good one.

>relatively simple 4.6L strokers make around 260hp if you're lucky
>Chrysler got an unmodified 4.0 to 300hp with a ridiculous tune
I want to see a 4.9L stroker with a custom tune replicating the ChryCo experiment now. That thing could put out stupid amounts of power and torque.

As others have pointed out. Replace and fix. Cars are becoming appliances. Soon you will not be able to fix them and will be forced to buy new every 4-5 years.

Thanks Obama.

I'd like to believe you can just replace old parts indefinitely but then you come to a Ship of Theseus paradox. If you replace all the parts is it still the same machine? on that note though the hardbody has 325k and kicking STRONG.

How much longer could an xj last if you replace the inline 6 with a desiel engine?

All that's gonna be left is toyotas

trucktrend.com/features/1602-the-million-mile-2007-toyota-tundra/

When you replace the actual chassis. ie the part with the vin plate on it

325,000km 1989 Corolla SR5 checking in. The Toyota 4A block is fucking indestructible I swear to god.