Thinking about buying a Mustang, a 5th gen to be exact

Thinking about buying a Mustang, a 5th gen to be exact.

Anything wrong with the 4.6l 5th gen or should i go for one of the 5.0l models?

Note:
This car will NOT be modified, tracked, or raced.
I just want a fun weekend car that isnt as big as my truck.

Used to own a 79 Foxbody and kinda want a newer Mustang so i dont have to work on it every weekend.

>This car will NOT be modified, tracked, or raced.
Buy something else.

And seriously, do you think you'd know the difference if you have to ask a bunch of retards on here?

Good job not giving me any actual advice.

You know there are 5th gen owners on here right?
Not including Catstang and his destroyed zombie Mustang

Feels like most newer sports cars are built with daily driving in mind, and less weekend fun. I'd get something else.

Seriously, like said join the corral.net and ask this. Veeky Forums is full of nothing but memsters and trolls. In fact I'll call it now This topic won't get ten post before some ecoboost, V8, amicuck, rwd bullshit starts.

Dude thats EVERY thread on here.
I can just ignore the posts and if it gets too offtopic ill delete the thread

Well it was between that or a Mid90s Bronco 4x4.
The Mustang would get wayyy better MPGs thats why im leaning towards it.
I also used to own a 93 Bronco

user, your best bet is driving both engines, I would say you will love dat 5.0

As far as parts go you know Ford parts are abundant and your budget will appreciate it.

I drove the 4.6, I liked it, it wasnt bad but I kept thinking about the 5.0.

If you have the possibility to get a 5.0 I suggest you pull the trigger.

All of the suspension and braking parts can get modded to give you more confidence on the road. But the interior quality is really meh

Do you have other cars in mind?

5.0 is going to be more expensive and looks better in my opinion, but it's 435 hp vs 300-something. The 4.6 will still be quick but it won't be as quick as the 5.0.

Mid 90s Bronco 4x4.

Uhhhhh cant think of anything else atm.

I've driven an '07 and '11 GT, the '11 interior is much nicer and you can't go wrong having an extra 100hp with essentially no hit to fuel economy.

Ah thank you anons, yeah thats what i keep seeing.
Also the redesign is nice, the taillights are breti nice.

Are they comfy for the occasional multi-hour trips?

Id like to drive it to work on occassion

Non performance pack shouldn't be a problem, if it was a PP with Recaros car it'd be different.

08 GT driver here
Mustangs drive like daily driver cars, with enough power that when you occassionally feel like stomping on it after a red light, or when passing on the interstate, you've got enough power to make you smile. Other than that it's a normal driving car. If you have the option go for the 5.0. I often see them on the road and wish I had that extra 100hp. Plus newer car means newer interior, less repairs, etc etc

Fun weekend car? G35/37 coupe
Not sure why'd you want that gen mustang if you're not planning to wrench on it

There's nothing wrong with the 4.6 as long as you like driving a turd. That said, if you don't even plan to red light race high school retards in their riced shitboxes, then go for it. If you ever want to be taken seriously, get a 5.0 and, for the love of god, get a manual no matter what.

>buying the poor man's 350z/370z

this desu

>buying infiniti

>Sand-Niggermobile

Yeah no