Does $350 sound like a fair price to have a shop install a lift kit, caster/camber bushing, and have an alignment done...

Does $350 sound like a fair price to have a shop install a lift kit, caster/camber bushing, and have an alignment done? The lift kit is just coil spring spacers and rear suspension lift blocks. I would do the kit myself, but I don't have the tools, time, or place to do it.

>The lift kit is just coil spring spacers and rear suspension lift blocks

Sounds pretty cheap actually they must specialize in it so they know they can knock it out fast

problem?

That's not a lift kit, for one. It's a half ass hack job that just fucks up your suspension.

not everyone can afford expensive shit like yourself

That sounds like a ghetto kit friend. I hope it doesnt fuck up your ride. But it probably will.

Why would you waste money on cheap shit?

Just did similar to mine.
Parts: $230 (spacers, longer rear shocks, camber bolts)
Labor: $50, Spent 3-4 hours doing it, borrowed a spring compressor. Alignment was the only cost.

Labor rates are usually $100-$120. So, $350 sounds ok. Guess they're figuring on about 2-3 hours of labor.

It's going to cost you more money in broken u-joints, fucked up tires, and the like in the long run.

Just don't even install it. If you don't have the money to install an actual lift kit (which is still dumb btw, unless you're actually off-roading) then just don't fuck with it.

Trust me, nobody wants to fuck you now, nobody will want to fuck if your piece of shit truck is 2 inches higher.

>still dumb btw
>shit truck
>nobody wants to fuck you

wow someone piss in your cereal this morning jesus

Ya i really want to just do it myself. I don't have much experience though and I'm scared I'll fuck something up.

Keep it stock. Don't put this shit on. You're only going to fuck it up.

Truck is a 30 year old pos so my care only goes so far

Nah, some semi-moron installing lift blocks and spring spacers on a piece of shit vehicle for no reason. I don't see where anything could go wrong in that situation, get some xanax in you and give her a whirl.

I paid $600 to have a 4" suspension lift installed on my Wrangler. That said, $350 sounds like a lot just to install spacers and blocks, but remember they are having to take the time to put your car in their shop, disassemble the suspension components and reassemble it with your parts. I'd say it's not a bad price if you can't do it yourself.

I felt the same way, but I grabbed a buddy who is into offroading and we knocked it out. It ain't hard, really.

The shop I work at just installed a lift for a guy, billed him 30 hours labor at $75/hr. So I'd say $350 ain't bad.

>30 hours labor to install a lift
Literal theft. It shouldn't take two guys more than 8 hours and that's accounting for stuck bolts and taking some fuck-off breaks. Poor bastard was charged twice as much as he should have been.

A fool and his money, user. He also dropped 4000 additional dollars for a set of fagbro wheels and mud tahrs that'll never see anything other than pavement.

Cheap lift kits aren't as bad as you are letting on. I've never known anyone that had issues with u joints breaking or worn tires. It ruins the ride but if you don't care then it's not really an issue. You sound like a retard that didn't do the job right and blamed the the product for your failure.

Oh, he's one of those guys. I recant my previous statement about him being a poor bastard. He deserved it. All said I paid less than $3k for my 4" lift and a set of 5 15" Mickey Thompson Sidebiter wheels and 35x12.5 BFG KM2 tires. Then again I spent over $900 on gas driving it from north east Kansas to Moab and Ouray so jokes on me I guess.

That sounds fair. You could just do it yourself and take it in for an alignment immediately after. If you fucked anything up they will catch it there. It's a pretty straight forward job so there isn't much you could mess up anyway.

Yeah, no sympathies for those fags. We get about 5 a week. Best I ever saw was 59 billed hours. Lift, tow hooks, front winch bumper (no winch), and wheels/tires. For reference, that's $4,425 in labor alone.

From what I read, like you said, it just ruins the ride, the only time someone is going to break u joints is if they are doing some hardcore offroading with a cheap lift.

Yea just don't rally through boulder fields and you will be fine with that kit.

Ouray. Love wheelin' around that area. Gorgeous and fun. Headed there in September, and can't wait.

Are you going for the Jeep Jamboree? That's why I was there in 2013. There's another user (uses a trip but I can't remember it) who was there almost the same time I was. Someone snapped this pic of me crossing a river and I found it on a 4x4 website a few months later.

Nope, going the week before. (No Jeep, I'm rocking a Geo Tracker). I don't do the technical stuff, I'm more there for the views, wildlife, etc. I live in CO, so I can wheel somewhere new every weekend if I want. Ouray is just special, though.

The views are absolutely incredible. I wondered to myself if the people who live there eventually take it for granted or if they feel it every time they step outside. The most incredible thing I have ever experience when it comes to nature was when we were running Imogene Pass. It started to snow pretty heavily on the way up and the park service closed the trail about the time we were nearing the peak. On our way down the other side we stopped with snow blowing all around us as the green valley opened up ahead with rays of sunshine beaming down. It gave me goosebumps, the pictures can never do it justice.

if you aren't doing hardcore off-roading, YOU DON'T NEED A FUCKING LIFT AT ALL!

I know that feels, senpai. Hope you make it back soon.

Who cares. It's his truck. You don't need to be doing insane off-roading to run into situations where more ground clearance could help.

lol nevermind, take him for all of his brobux. Employee labor rate at the stealership I work for is a mere $25/hr, which is a better deal than any local rent-a-lift since I don't have to do the work at that point. I'm getting a rear diff rebuilt for under $300 including parts.

I don't get this
how can you complain about people using the penis compensation thing against you yet you yourself use it? I'm from /k/, we have to deal with the same shit, but we'd never in a million years utter it ourselves. It makes you look as stupid as an anti.

but my Comanche is too low. It looks sad.

Yes you do. If you're taller than the truck is stock and it only fits piddly little 22's then yes you need a lift.

>how can you complain about people using the penis compensation thing against you yet you yourself use it

I've had 1 lifted truck. The only reason it was lifted, was because it was purely an off-road machine.

It's idiotic to have just a regular, road driven truck with a lift. It's even dumber to half ass it and install blocks that aren't going to do anything at all besides make your suspension actually worse, and add two inches in height which isn't really going to do anything for you, unless you know, you're doing hardcore off-roading.

Yeah but what if the trucks just short and you don't like it that way? I have a quarter ton that I'm nearly half a head taller than. I'd really like it if it sat up closer to where a half ton would be.

Why make a car loud if you're not racing? Why have a wing if you're not racing? It's simply for someone's own satisfaction. If they like the way it looks or sounds then let them be ffs.

>Why make a car loud if you're not racing? Why have a wing if you're not racing

You shouldn't.

>It's simply for someone's own satisfaction

Well you're a faggot if that satisfies you.

>bigger truck
>not universally satisfying

What the fuck? Do you just sit around and jack off for 58 hours?

>jeep jamboree
Fucking rock-stackers anonymous

No, we're actually really busy. So we work on real problems for good customers that just need to get to work, for three days, then we lift their gay trucks and slap their tires on.

But how the fuck do you spend 59 hours on a pavement princess?

They're book hours, and book hours are hard to nail when it's aftermarket parts.

Fucking book hours.

Your roaming band of autotech gypsies will pay for these transgressions.

I won't hold my breath.

Yeah, I have to hit up the german car dealers first.

Learn to work on your own car, sissy.

Changing the oil on a sports car is a pain in my dick. If I had a fucking garage lift, I'd do it more often.

And for my truck, spiffyjew works just fine.

I can do it, but it is cheaper and easier to just take it in.

goddamn truckcucks. what is the appeal of lifting even. get an atv like a normal person if you wanna go off road. I guarantee it's more fun than in a pigfat hick transporter that you only use to get you to the next lynching

A wagon can haul several weeks worth of food into a site, while an atv can't. Plus, quads are gay. Buy a bike, faggot.

all the butthurt in here. lol.

OP I've had a cheap shit leveling kit and bigger rear blocks on this truck for 40k miles and my last one for 60k. make sure you get your alignment done and there's nothing wrong with them.

>what is the appeal of lifting
It's bigger.
Also changing the oil sitting on my ass instead of lying on my back.
>atv
they're small and piddly and can't tow anything

I went hybrid in a sense. Geo Tracker is IFS so easy on bumpy trails where the heavy solid axle dudes are crawling. I can't do the big technical stuff like them, but I get to my camping/fishing spot. Room for doggo and/or wife if I wish. Hook up the cargo tray on the hitch, now I can bring a cooler and Rubbermaid full of creature comforts.

I does suck on highway inclines in the mountains (especially at altitude). Foot to the floor and all she'll do is 45 MPH uphill. I just hang with the truckers in the right lane. But once we hit the trail, it's go anywhere time.