How much would I be looking at to convert the automatic transmission in my car to a manual...

How much would I be looking at to convert the automatic transmission in my car to a manual? Unfortunately I can't sell the car and I really would prefer to change it to manual.

08 Charger

It would be cheaper to sell it. You said it can't be sold. So the next option is to not do it. That is a comprehensive rundown of all your options.

>2008 Charger
here's your option, friend

More than you can afford pal.

More than its worth depending on the car.

It's really not practical.

As far as I know ( I could be wrong), the regular charger was never offered with a manual?

So, you'd have to

-Find a manual transmission that would bolt or could be made to bolt to the factory engine

-Aftermarket ECU/tuning to keep the computer from flipping out over the automatic transmission being gone

-Fabrication work to put in shift linkage, shifter in car, and clutch pedal

All in, you'd end up spending more than the car was worth, provided you could even find someone capable of doing it all

No I want to swap in a manual
>why
It's a rare car that america never got with nonexistent manual option

America did get the Charger......and an 08' Charger is not rare...at all....

Maybe he's not in America.

>It's a rare car that america never got

that is just factually not true in any way

Got any good stories coming up LPG?

Yup. going to make a thread a little later

You would have to find a wrecked Challenger of the same year that also had the same motor, and get custom driveshafts made. That is assuming the manual tranny mounts properly without needing some fab. All in all, it isn't worth the money unless you are a factory-backed race team.

He stipulated with manual tranny. Rare to find a charger with manual. Because there are none barring the old srt drift charger.

Nice. I'll keep an eye out

They made manual chargers.

Unless you're talking about a base model V6, in which case why the fuck did you buy a base model.

nope, they absolutely did not, not even the SRT-8 charger got a manual in the US

Yeah, SXT.

Really couldn't argue with the price of 2k tho. My old trucks transmission blew and took most of the motor withat it, so honestly I didn't really care. BBd for $9k at the time.

Guess they didn't make a manual option for it. All well.

Well what the hell are you gonna swap in pimpledick? You're gonna have to custom fab the entire fucking thing. You don't swap in a manual for a car that offered both because the effort required is fucking stupid. You CAN'T swap in a manual in an auto-only car because the fucking parts don't exist. Enjoy paying a custom shop $15,000 to do a conversion that will be OBVIOUSLY aftermarket and has a damn high chance of looking like trash.

And how the fuck are you gonna make all the electronics agree with eachother?

I'd say more like $4-5k to have it done right (6 speed out of a challenger of the same year). Still not worth it for a bloated shitbox.

It wasn't a serious guess though. Just picture any stupid amount of money. That still sounds low though for the amount of work to be done.

I'm assuming no custom flex plate, mounting should be easy considering the same auto trans is offered in a challenger, as well as the manual. Cut and paste, wipe hands, done. Now comes the hard and expensive part. Electronics.

Again, it is stupid and not worth it unless OP is willing to then sink even more money into the thing to make it actually turn, add brakes that don't suck and add a supercharger. Which again is fucking dumb, because better and easier platforms to work on are able to be had for less monies.

I'm not talking about a Charger at all though.

What about a RHD to LHD conversion? How much is that