/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless Legend and 4X Games General

Arabian Golden Age edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is Stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S-Jpe5NID60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arabia only seems good, if all religions get found pretty quickly, if you have a civ in your game who doesnt have an affinity for finding a religion, then it sorta defeats the purpose of his civ trait

Saladin looks quite meh desu.

Getting last prophet means that your religion will be crap

But desu it's accurate, Islam beliefs are a pile of garbage.

He still gets Mamluks.

youtube.com/watch?v=S-Jpe5NID60
new first look if anyone missed it.
>Unique Unit: Mamluk
>Knight replacement, heals at the end of every turn, regardless of moves/attacks
>Unique Building: Madrasa
>University replacement, gives bonus science, and bonus faith
>Leader bonus, Righteousness of the faith
>Unique religious building for saladin costs much less, and gives massive bonuses to science and faith
>Civ Bonus The last prophet
>when the next to last great prophet is claimed, arabia automatically gets the last one, unless they have already claimed their great prophet

I think it's better to consider that there's not going to be enough prophets for everyone, so it's a matter of you not needing to invest in Great Prophets at all and still being able to get the benefits of one.

Consistency trumps chance. Just the fact that you will get a religion (with no ifs or buts) is good in my book. I mean, I've never played a single game of Civ 5 where all the religions weren't founded. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it's slower.

I think there are 4 religions for 6 civs game or sth like that
There's a small chance religions won't be picked quickly.

But if they don't AND you wanted to found religion with your UA then you are pretty much fucked and you get a shit religion with best beliefs already picked by others.

I'm not seeing myself playing it right away.

Arabia's UA is going to hinge on how balanced beliefs are. If it is like civ 5 where the first 2 or 3 religions get all the beliefs worth a shit then the UA won't be that good

Science bonuses are never meh anons.

also this is true . Knights with March are sick

But I am a bit disappointed with how passive this civ is. It's literally just a bunch of bonuses that you get whether you like it or not, this is by far the most passive and default civ we have gotten until now.

>we never had a G I R U G A M E S H edition

We did all the way back when although I simply used the FSN version.

When they talk about a "unique religious building", they mean mosques, cathedrals, pagodas and such, right?

Yea, but now they are their own belief class and every religion gets one and only one

science bonuses qre never meh, but I believe they are less powerful in VI because of the civics tree.

The Sumer get science bonuses early and Arabia gets them at University/religion when they build faith buildings; this signals to me that Sumer is probably better at science game since you aren't bound by a 1 uni per city

Can Joseph Smith be a great Propher? Or L Ron Hubbard?

Zigaruts take up growth tiles though, especially if you build them next to rivers

You can just demolish them later can't you
Even being 3 or 4 techs ahead of others by classical gives you disgusting snowball potential.

>but I believe they are less powerful in VI because of the civics tree.
could be, only time will tell

>this signals to me that Sumer is probably better at science game since you aren't bound by a 1 uni per city
Not so sure about that desu, the ziggurat will (probably) give +1bpt (and +1 cpt next to rivers) but since it is a unique improvement that means you have to sacrifice potentially valuable tile improvements (farms next to fresh water!) to spam it and get its money's worth. But Arabia's bonuses are built in, you don't have to sacrifice other tiles to get them, it also has 2 sources of +science, not just the uni.

but then again, most of this is speculation, we really need to play the game to tell

then I guess you can switch them to farms once their bonus gets too small

I can think of more strategies as Sumer, with Arabia it's just a sim city imho

Probably, i still think they will be the best UI in the game, and are Sumerias best bonus, but im just pointing out that they have to make sacrifices for there early game science

Before farms get to +2 food you probably will be better off with ziggurats

and ziggurats will mean you get to +2 food farms and universities quicker and then just ditch them

I take that over "improved university" any time

Russia/Poland/Lithuania when?

What will poland's ability be this time around boys?
I suspect winged hussars are going to be far better in 6

They can get partitioned

I hope (as a polish guy) that they won't go for the winged hussar again. We have more than that in our history and would like some other UU and then introduce Hussar with Sobieski as the alternate leader

I suspect polish civ will get some culture bonuses or maybe religion ones. Religious tolerance was a pretty big thing in our history up until the partitioning I think

Neat.

>I hope (as a polish guy) that they won't go for the winged hussar again
And i hope as a spanish guy we wont be stuck with conquistadors, but we are every single time.
Enjoy your hussars

Could be "A country without stakes", which would reffer to the fact that during the reformation period it was the only ecumenistic country in Europe I guess?

but Poland will be only for the 2nd time, I'll keep on dreaming they won't be going for the obvious this time around

Well it's basically what Spain is most famous for. As a chink I'm pretty annoyed at Chu-ko-nus, mainly because China has never had a '''special unit''' besides having units everyone else eventually came up with, earlier.
I bet Tercios and Rodeleros could work though.

Here's hoping you guys get something like Knights of Santiago in Civ VII.

So, what do you think about the Chinese UU this time?

We could get some special marines early that other civilizations, since we kinda pioneer the modern concept

>Arabs are led by a Kurd

oookaay....

>And i hope as a spanish guy we wont be stuck with conquistadors
What else do you even have?

It works, kind of, because it's just an early gunpowder unit, kind of like a musketman but earlier than everyone else. That's the type I'd want if you had to choose a unit.
To be honest I'd prefer China's gimmick to have a second UI or UB instead of having a UU at all.

I think every civ needs to have a UU.

And the French are led by an Italian
The precedent is well-established by now

Tercio are basically Spain's version of the Swiss pikes at roughly the same time. It's not that hard to think of those, at least.

That's my problem though. China doesn't actually have any 'unique' units that they're famous for. Maybe the Ming arquebusiers but those were the same as anyone else.

This fuckin "1 Civ led by 1 Eternal Leader" needs to stop.

Bring back CivIV multiple leader, give each Civ at least 3 leaders, add succession mechanics. Done

You could have a medieval gunpowder unit though, handcannoners or a rocket for example.

>China doesn't actually have any 'unique' units that they're famous for.
I dunno, the KEKEKEKEKE infantry in the Korean War is what I always think of when I think of the Chinese Army.
"Human Wave" unit when

>tfw gonna spend whole next day under a blanket eating gulash, drinking cocoa, and watching Marbozir play Civ 6

>succession mechanics
Why? Literally for what purpose?
>multiple leaders
Already a thing.

Yeah that's why I said it kind of works for the cannon, but even then the rocket and handguns were mainly useful for being hella fucking scary and easy to train and giving you an edge in melee combat since people decided to tie rockets to their spears and fire them off before contact like some explosive javelin.
The CKN works, it's just that replacing the crossbow is retarded because they're literally not the same unit and not used for the same shit and often used in tandem.

China has always used human wave tactics, the casualties are insane.
Yeah you say 'exaggeration' but it's hard to pretend that an Imperial Census is exaggerated when that's what's used to distribute taxes.

I think you want CK2 m8

oh yeah, NDA lifts tomorrow, right?

>tfw gotta work but have the entire next week off as a national holiday
>tfw gf is also a strategy gamer

>entire next week off as a national holiday
Nice, where do you live?

>succession mechanics

idiotic, each game of civ spans millenia and the civs themselves don't

That is what you get from being genociding bastards. Literally worse than hitler. (I mean no offense to modern spaniards)

I'm guessing Norway

China.

REALLY off the mark.
What's the holiday in Norway

>not watching Marbozir AND FilthyRobot

>haven't played stellaris 1.2
>decide to give it a go with slavering empire
>sector ai emancipates enslaved xenos

What a turd of a game.

idk, i was learning Norwegian in class and I think the teacher mentioned they have a week off outta ass, so I thought that maybe it's now.

>being skeleton

>2016
>watching LPs
What, do you listen to metal and watch manga too?

> blame Spain for genocide
> 99% of the casualties were caused by Old World diseases
> Spain didn't want to kill the natives anyway, they needed them for Jesus and taxation purposes
He a good hermano he did no nuffin

What do you expect out of moralfags

So we don't deal with Civ with a single temperament.

So every n turns a single civ can get different bonuses. This is also useful in diplomacy, for example a hotheaded AI Civ might change leader to a more levelheaded one you can deal with. Or turn even more dangerous.

Yes, and?

I don't really like FilthyRobot, since I'm mostly interested in single player matches on epic/marathon speed. Also, facecam is annoying as fuck.

1.3 is going to let you tell Sectors whether or not they're allowed to emancipate of their own accord.

...although in fairness MY sector AI enslaves / emancipates appropriately already, so I dunno what you're doing

>burned books containing the history of the peninsula so much not even quotes remained
>literally took their emperor hostage and murdered buttloads
>literally systematically destroyed Tenochtitlan, laid a 75 day siege and starved everyone
DINDU NOFFING

Hes probably just a NEET that needs an excuse to be home on a Tuesday morning.

I wanna say France.
But I though frogs were off in August, not October.

>PEOPLE ONE BAGATRILLION OF THESE DEATHS WERE ACCIDENTAL
>ONLY 100 JIGAMILLION WEREN'T
Is this what /pol/ tard revisionism teaches you?

>not being a being without bones

That's literally not how civilization works, I'm the C2Cfag who loves their crime buildings and having to manage my crime rate so my population doesn't get Syphilis from the rising disease rate caused by Rape as a crime and I don't like that idea.

Which Stronghold should I buy?

And what's so bad about 3 that everyone seems to hate?

any good streamers who play on highest difficulty?

>White people were a mistake, i wish my guts were being torn open by a Quetzacoalt priest trying to get a car engine to start

ffs, I camp in only 2 generals and that's this one and monstergirls.
Quit confusing me as to which tab I've opened

I don't know were you found those extra chromosomes, but I suggest you put them back.

White people, males to be precise, being evil is a historical fact.

China's July 4th is on October 1st and it's a week off.

/jp/? I'm in there too.

The UA seems downright terrible while everything else for Salad is pretty good. UU is solid, UB is solid, Leader Ability is good for religion victory by conquest or just spreading wide.

The UA though - I don't think there's any other Civ6 UA which is a one-and-done ability like Arabia's, nor where it's not a bonus but rather a failsafe.

If religion and founder beliefs are first come first serve then Arabia's UA is a self-defeating liability. Yes, it allows you to prioritize stuff other than faith..but doing so means you're left with last-call choices. But if you focus on faith then it destroys the utility of your UA.

What the UA should have been is the same seal of the prophet guaranteed great prophet but in addition you can choose religious beliefs or founder beliefs already selected by a competing religion. Or something like Byzantium's "You get an extra reformation belief".

Russia better also be a science civ or pic related. I'm an Arabiaboo but Peter just fucking screams science (and production) civ. Something like either a civ ability or leader ability that links science/technology boosts with diplomacy or international interaction ("Every time you meet a new civ or city state you get a boost to technology in whatever that civ was researching/that city state is oriented - so meet maritime city state and you get a maritime tech boost"). That was literally his biggest schtick besides an autistic obsession with building a navy and building a city.

>it's literally so easy to bait the /pol/tards

Russia next week, Poland's one of the first DLC.
Poland gets Ste. Jagdwiga or w/e

Good man, good plan.

Their UA should've been a guaranteed prophet but being able to choose an existing religion to piggyback off of and choosing one or two extra beliefs on top of that.

Well, what excellent taste you have my yellow brother from another mother
No homo

>yellow brother from another mother
So are you suggesting that my father is a cuckold or that yours is?

>Poland gets Ste. Jagdwiga or w/e
say what?

I'd like to penetrate her southern defenses while her red guard was not on duty, if you catch my drift.

>southern defenses
You mean a naval invasion or what? the only 'South' China has is the front towards SEA and SEA is a joke.

I am disgusting how many white males are in Civ6, so much eurocentrism should be banned from videogames

Would you play a game of Civ when you WILL inevitably sees your civilization fall down and other civilization rise on top of yours?

They'll fall in prominence, and your renewed civ will be great again.

Civ gameplay advancement are too linear. Small Civ getting stronger, dead civ stays dead, no entirely new civ rising from the interaction between 2 civs...

> the front towards SEA and SEA is a joke
...o-okay

Since I'm not running mods I have to rely on the retarded sector (minimize micro - stellaris - hahaha). Enslaving newly conquered planet and giving to a sector simply results in the ai emancipating all or at best some of them. Seems the solution is the 999 core planet mod or just not playing a badly made game.

No why the fuck would my civilization inevitably fall down if it's managed correctly by an immortal perfect dictator? I like the game being difficult but why the fuck would it be unwinnable?

Maybe in 1400 it wasn't but in the current year yeah it is
>go to cambodia
>RANDOMLY see a 12 year old or something sucking someone off in a barely-concealed alley
>taxi driver keeps ogling my (older) sister and telling us about his epic exploits in fucking tourist women and how he was alpha as fuck during border skirmishes or some shit
>their capital city is like 1970s China tier, which is 1700s Europe tier.

Should be a leader ability, then. One random unit unlocked an era earlier at the beginning of an era. Roll the dice for a free GDR at the beginning of the Information era.

But that's easily the most broken ability in the game.
>ancient era
>get composite bowmen
>classical era
>get knights
>industrial era
>get bombers

Civ is not supposed to be a simulation of history, it's ultimately a board game full of abstractions and that's fine

play Smallworld board game if you want shit like that

>Civ gameplay advancement are too linear. Small Civ getting stronger, dead civ stays dead, no entirely new civ rising from the interaction between 2 civs...
Play Revolutions. I'm pretty sure Rhyse and Fall of civilization does that too but it's a pain in the ass to manage, and I play C2C.

>Building up a nation in a secluded corner of a continent
>Good friends with Byzantine
>All six trade routes are going to him
>Declare friendship, open borders
>Sweden moves a settler near me
>Tell him to fuck off
>He doesn't and plops himself directly between two of my cities, on top of resources that I wanted
>Take his tiny city and the good resources
>He does it AGAIN
>Raze his city this time
>Time passes
>Byzantine declares war on me
>Turns out he has a huge army
Not sure why he's choosing war here since it's fucking over both our economies but it's fantastic

Seems like a pretty bland civ desu. The only really unique deviation from the most generic of play styles is that you can completely ignore the religion game early on.

Way way back in the long long ago, I took Stalin's capital in a surprise attack with a catapult. The catastrophe caused Russia to split in two, with half their cities remaining white, and the other half turning blue and becoming the new nation of Germany, under Frederick. Even as young as I was, the memory of it is indelible.

Imagine if this ancient 'civil war' mechanic somehow made it into the modern games, and the shitstorm it would cause.