German guy here

German guy here.

A thing I was always asking myself, maybe one of you can answer it:

Why do you buy fast cars?
Like, don't get me wrong, fast cars are awesome, I myself am driving a TTS Coupé.
But why would you buy a fast car in countries where the maximum you'll ever drive that car is in the 4th Gear with 120km/h?
In Germany I can understand that, we can drive as fast as we fucking want; noone gives a crap if you drive 250km/h, but if I was anywhere else, wouldn't an expensive fast car just be Money down the drain?

Because we only obey the speed limits when cops and other people are around.

And there is no law saying I can't reach 120kph in under 5 seconds.

>he thinks his car is fast

Because we fucking can, but that may be an unfathomable concept for a yuro.

Dude, I wouldn't want anything else. TTS all the way m8.
Partly because of the sound. Don't know why, the sound is just fucking amazing.

> Still twice as fast as you will ever move in your life

So you actually can never focus on driving because you always have to watch your back for cops.

nice.

Because I disregard speedlimits?

>doing the speed limit
>watching for cops
>not radar/laser detector and jammer
>not plate flipper
>caring about the poh-lease man when your tuned weebbox has 400rwhp

Way too many edgelords in this thread...

Probably none of you bitches even dares to driver faster than 30.

Nah I work for Audio now and then so I also get shit tons of benefits

Because the law only matters when the police is around.

And because private property exists

Also i don't care for fast cars, they're cool, but whatever.

I've lived in both Germany and the United States. It's a legit question, OP.

Now that I'm back in America, I'm more interested in track-centric cars, versus in Germany having a good autobahn cruiser makes a lot of sense.

That said, driving fast on the autobahn gets boring really fast. So in the end, the best places to drive in Germany are on the side roads with curves. However, with your speed cameras in addition to police, it's really easy to get into trouble doing that versus in America it's a lot easier.

Also Germany has a few other problems with cars. The first is, the German people are extremely jealous. America is getting more like Germany, because the politics are creating class warfare against the rich, but Germany that's already really taken hold. It's also a lot more expensive to own a nice car there, compared to America.

As someone who now lives in Miami, it's really frustrating to own a great car. Our roads are straight and, while the cops rarely bother you (too much paperwork I guess), there are so many retarded Cubans fresh off the boat you can't really drive that fast. Nevertheless, there are lots of great cars down here because of the money and show off factor. As an enthusiast, we can either travel to better spots to drive or go on trips to the track.

I hit 140 on the highway in my stang on the reg silly kraut no guns no funs allowed faggot

>four cylinder engines

>sound
>TTS
Pick one

Because police don't patrol every country road in the UK.

Why buyWhy buy a big house
Expensive clothes
Go to restaurants
New phone
We like nice things that make us happy and are willing to spend more on the specific things we like most. This is a fucking car board.

I understand you don't have a lot of rural areas in Germany, so you might not know this, but here in the US, you can drive for 45 minutes and end up in the middle of nowhere, and can play around with the car as much as you want.

I buy cars that are fun to drive. Sometimes that means a "fast" car. I enjoy driving, and I also like owning something that I can DD and have fun with at an AutoX or a track day.

That said, I would never buy a supercar or hypercar. If I ever had the money for a Ferrari or a Lambo, I'd probably just use the money to build an actual race car and go compete somewhere.

>the politics are creating class warfare against the rich
Reagan created class warfare on the rich 35 years ago when he relieved the stinking rich from their tax duties towards society. The amount they've paid since then is absolutely laughable compared to the amount they're piling up.

CCTV does it, right? Haha.
I've never been to UK at all nor Germany outside the Autobahn but there has to be plenty of roads where you still enjoy any quirky car.
Just a reminder, the city car of VW up! is designed to reach 185 km/h. FAST KAR M8

Regardless of what you think the taxes should be for the rich, they shouldn't be hated just for being rich. Not a great incentivizing system for progress and effort, or cool cars.

There's no cops on the toe-gay. Only thing that slows me down in the canyons are all the losers in their miatas

>Because the law only matters when the police is around.
>get shot

>fast cars are awesome, I myself am driving a TTS Coupé.
>fast car
>TTS coupe

Because I live in the scottish highlands and we have about 800 police officers to patrol an area the size of belgium, I can drive like a cunt and nothing is going to happen.

>Because we fucking can, but that may be an unfathomable concept for a yuro.
We're the ones with the freedom to drive as fast as the laws of physics permit, you do remember that, right?

Who's going to shoot me if the police isn't around?

>falling for MSM lies

Contrary to popular belief, cops in America aren't trigger-happy assholes lording it over citizens.

the police

t. fbi

Wrong organization, buddy.

>the police
>This is what europoors actually believe

>Shoots a man before throwing him out of a plane
>Isn't trigger happy

Shut up CIA, go catch some big guys somewhere else.

Im not even driving a fast car, but I can tell you that a fast car would definitely be worth it. I love taking my car round the B roads, thrashing it round corners at 70mph then cruising down straights at 100mph at redline (i couldnt give a fuck about my engine).

having a fast car round the b roads i thrash around would be fucking amazing.

pic related, my car

Is anything physically stopping you from doing 250kmh in america?

maximum you'll ever drive

yeah probably his own weight

>cops in America aren't trigger-happy assholes
The USA's death rate by police is higher than Germany's entire murder rate.

American cars top out at 130 mph and implode if you go 120 mph for more than a minute at a time.

Not for long

And if you were to look at one statistic without any other context, I can see why you'd draw that conclusion. When you have armed gangbangers in every ghetto, they're gonna get shot by cops.

I'd like to know where you even found an opportunity to do 120 for a straight minute.

So you're admitting that the US are full of armed gangbangers and trigger happy cops. Great "first world" nation you have there.

The Autobahn. You can buy the Opel Insignia I used as a Buick Regal in the US by the way. I wouldn't have dared it in an actual American car.

No, see it's actually brilliant. They all stay in the ghetto, and don't bother the rest of us who live in rural or suburban areas.

>US cities is full of
Fixed
You're not supposed to live in the city
This is in your white man's orientation handbook

>our society is superior because we run away into sheltered communities of our own income level and then ignore the rest of it

I assumed you were US. I could only do that on a toll road. I would cop charges in the process guarenteed.

Just think of them as containment boards. Cities are where society goes to die, you've got so many in Europe it's no wonder things are fucked there.

It's not even all Cities, it's just places like Detroit and Compton.

Basically as the percentage of blacks increases, the percentage of crime increases.

And thankfully unlike your country, you can have a gun to keep the niggers away.

But our cities aren't fucked at all. It's not inherent to cities. You deliberately ruined yours in America.

I've been to the US before but neither did my rental Grand Marquis seem like it would do 120, nor was I interested in getting into a helicopter chase on live TV and getting shot dead in the end.

Stealing that analogy for future use.

We have this thing called the Second Amendment. When your whole multiculturalism thing blows up in your face and our borders are closed you'll wish you did too.

Cops are definitely too fearful/trigger happy though. There's already much improved culpability thanks to news stories exactly like the one this fag is regurgitating and body cameras are great but hopefully we'll be following up with improved procedures for law enforcement and higher pay to get more qualified people.

But we have virtually no niggers, and the percentage of sandniggers is below 2 in glorious East Germany.

That's how I feel too and I realized cars are nothing but appliances. Yes, having an expensive car to show off your wealth might attract some girls but that's about it, reliability concerns me the most when buying a car. I'm past that stuff like muh drivetrain, muh power and etc. Of course, I still don't want a tin can with a 3 cylinder engine that's more of a problem where you need to overtake someone on a highway. Having said all that, I wouldn't mind owning pic related and driving it until the day I die.

If you want more qualified people you have to train them better, not just throw more money at them. Your minimum training time for cops is laughable, as is your minimum training time for most things.

>man this traffic stop is boring, I SECRETLY wish I could kill a black guy and claim self defense, having protesters send all kinds of hate mail to my family, possibly lose my job, have my name dragged through the mud, etc

Why are you on this board if you don't enjoy driving?

Don't tell me what to do.

My S1000RR thinks it's cute you think your TTS is fast.

0-250 km/h in 10.5 seconds.

You forgot
>I wish I was a resource officer body slamming twelve year olds

Actually the 1% of America pay about 52% of all income taxes, not to mention America has one of the highest corporate taxes in the world. The tax burden on America is ENTIRELY on the rich I have no clue what you are trying to say. Whatever though, just go back to /pol/ if you like parading around your unfounded political beliefs on an automotive board

Defending the people who are shafting you because you might possibly be one of them someday. Only in Murrika.

It's kind of hard to find a happy medium. If you tax the rich too much, they're inclined to find a different tax haven, and they take their corporations with them, starving people of jobs. If you tax them too little and the lower classes too much, you progress to an oligarchy. The bigger shaft isn't who's paying what tax, it's corporations literally buying career politicians.

>percentage of sandniggers is below 2
NOT FOR LONG!

>mfw get easier immigration to Germany cos paki

>implying he is from /pol/
We all know that poor people are cunts, dont lump him with us.

>it's corporations literally buying career politicians.
So like every country?

Also France is having a wealth drain because rich people are leaving (obligatory reee) because taxes are too high.

A distribution of tax burden that at least halted the growing wealth inequality would be a good start.

Yeah, it's a problem for every country.
Is it a tax inequality, or are people just not getting good jobs? It seems like everyone's yammering on about needing more people in STEM fields and trades have always paid decent money, where does all of this poverty come from?

>mfw the secretary of interior has just announced a new set of laws that bans burqas, bans funding of mosques from potentially extremist sources, makes double citizenship by birth revokable and makes it easier to deport dangerous individuals with at least one foreign citizenship

Frisson dude, build and release.

I think we actually have more fun with our cars because driving that fast is like forbidden fruit whereas you can go blast the autobahn anytime you want sure but nobody gives a shit.

Here people lose their minds, here its considered "dangerous". and with that danger comes the thrill of the chase.

sure it sucks when we get caught but all those times I've sped and narrowly avoided being caught. going out on mountain roads to be away from people to go as fast as we want.

Thats something you don't get in Germany.

Holy shit is Germany actually pulling Ahmed's cock out of its ass?

As I said, it's because they're fearful and "black lives matter" has (like all nigger shit) been taken way way too far and undone what good it did for them - although the good it's done across the board still benefits us white folks which is nice but I'm sure will eventually be called white privilege and used as further justification for more nigger shit

Better procedures and greater culpability will be fine. Cops who are afraid need to stay the fuck back at rifle range and use the PA but yo can still see plenty of videos with niggers ignoring all kinds of clear warnings like this and approaching anyway. As a European you don't really understand nigger culture and the minimal value it places on human life theirs or others.

HOLY SHIT REALLY?! I'M PROUD OF YOU GUYS!

>plate flipper

That sorta thing gets your ass a one way trip to Gitmo

it bans the burqa for judges

I live in the North West of England where there are far more police officers in a smaller area, and I still drive like a cunt on the 60 mph twisty country roads because there's never any police or speed cameras
Even on the big A-roads near me there's one speed camera and never any police

This is why I've started buying cars focusing on acceleration and handling.

I get more enjoyment from focusing on the driving itself + hitting the speed limit now, maybe I'll have a trip to Germany one day too.

America is also way larger and more populated than Germany as well. The one state of Texas is twice as large as their whole country

ayy lmao north west bro

That's why he said rate, dumbass.

I ignore speed limits

For me, it is all about acceleration and handling. Top speed is pretty much irrelevant, fastest I have ever driven is not much over 100 mph. That is why pretty much no one cares that the crazy powerful M, RS, and AMG cars have the same top speed as the 3.0 diesel ones (155 mph limiter).

For me personally, it's all about where I live. I live in Lake Tahoe in Nevada in the US. We have a huge amount of desolate, windy, unpatrolled, wide open mountain roads in this state. It's easy to break the law and open it up here. Very friendly region for fast car enthusiasts.