Buying this for 700 bucks tomorrow. has 90k original miles. its a 1980 f-150. did i fuck up Veeky Forums?

buying this for 700 bucks tomorrow. has 90k original miles. its a 1980 f-150. did i fuck up Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

f150hub.com/specs/302.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes you did, '80 still had the swiss cheese frame.

oops sorry, its an 85. typed the wrong year

You didn't overpay if it runs. 300 straight six? Also pretty sure nearly every Ford in the 80s only had a 5 digit odometer with a tenths section. So it prob has 190k

You did good ma' boy

it runs fine according to the guy runs and shifts smooth, and i wouldnt be surprised if its 190 desu. found it on the ct redneck facebook page. my friend has an 87 thats on 470k miles, original trans and motor.

its the 302 v8 5.0L "windsor". think it has EFI but not sure.
thanks famalama

>1985
>Ford
>F-150
>90K miles

This does not add up.

Are you sure it's not 290K miles?

Still $700 looks like a good price since there's no obvious rust. It looks complete.

Its possible. Ford didn't make efi standard until 86 model year tho

he said its been garaged for almost 15 years and got taken out and running again 4 years ago. theres minor body rust and zero frame rot.
worst case, i think i can drop an MSD atomic EFI in that bitch without too much trouble

>been garaged for almost 15 years and got taken out and running again
Well, that might be alright then.
I just did a Dodge running after being garaged in 1999

Old cars with too low mileage always look "fishy" to me.

My 85 Bronco has 55k on it (lot truck it's whole life)
My 90 F250 only has 58k on (old guy that never drove it)

Low mileage trucks are still out there.

IIRC it was optional in 85

worst case scenario it needs a little work. i fix computers for a shop nearby and they fix my cars for free computer service

85 is carb.
Electronic feedback carb to be specific.
87 was first year of efi (speed density).

Do you have smog?
If so I'd take it to be inspected first.
Missing parts and getting that damn thing to work right could possibly cost you thousands.
If you don't have smog, get a title and haul ass before he changes his mind.

its connecticut so im emissions exempt, tax exempt, and a bunch of other shit. dont even need a title, just a bill of sale and state ID. any car here thats made before 1990 doesnt have to pass emissions (25 years old is the rule)

Then you're good.
Start collecting parts.
Get an edelbrock intake and a holly 4 barrel carb 450-600 cfm (whatever you can find COMPLETE for cheap).
Vacuum secondaries if automatic preferred, vac or mechanical for manual (since its a truck, I'd do vac for either, although I run a mechanical on my bronco just because I got it for $50).

350cubic inch only pulls like 450 cfm @ 5,000ish RPMs (forget exact numbers).
So unless you have a race motor spinning to 8k, a larger carb will actually produce less power.

>302 Windsor.
You mean 351.

f150hub.com/specs/302.html

no i mean this

My 85 bronco is coming up o 90k, was in the 60k's when I bought it a decade ago.
All original and complete- was just someone's trailer puller for a fishing boat a couple times a year.
Still has the factory undercoating (guy checked almost every box on the options list- even has the internal spare tire mount, never seen one)

I wish my 90 was in as the same shape as yours. Rust has eaten the frame and ravaged the body This year will be its last set of plates.

sorry for you loss user. pet her, feed her only the best fuel, and give her to a kid who will love her, or part her out so she can live on helping someone else. it's what she would want.

There really isn't much worth parting out. Old work truck 4x4 300I6, only the ZF 5 speed that I put in a couple years ago would really be worth anything. I'll just try to get what I could If I junk it.

>no ecoboost

What state are you in?

Southern Illinois
its a 300 I6, It doesn't need no stinking ecoboost

hahahahahahah ecoboost meme hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
find your states redneck facebook page (search yourstate redneck craigslist) and post it on there. some high school kid that worked all summer mowing lawns will want it