/hou/ - Global Sensation & Welcoming Newcomers

This is the thread for all Houston users and surrounding areas, and even some that aren't.

We're an Veeky Forums group that has been steadily growing since May 2016 and is now the largest such group on Veeky Forums.

We welcome anyone interested, whether you live here or not, whether you drive or not, whether you own a car or not. All cars welcomed. We have no rules other than don't be a dick.

We currently call ourselves as a collective Night Wave. We have stickers and shirts available, and are working on developing and expanding our merchandise and branding.

To learn more about Night Wave, feel free to visit our wiki: night-wave.referata.com/wiki/Houston_Night_Wave#Resources

There you'll be able to find more detailed information such as past meets, our maps, spreadsheet, routes, and other vital information.

---

Previously, on AMC's Breaking Hou: Now onto the news. TONIGHT!

· The boys go to Cars & Coffee

· We become active again

· We have a UN meeting about a car driving club on a Malaysian hat knitting forum in a bowling alley

· GTi finishes his Eurotrash

· GS turbos his GS

· Spoderstang remains a missing person

· Dracula is still rich

· Tacoma gets his S2K engine replaced

· Logan receives his sticker

· We search for workout buddies

· We continue to look for a project car

· We reached a record of 70+ posters 2 threads ago

· We plan on establishing Night Wave chapters in Austin and Dallas

· We finally get Night Wave stickers and shirts

· Carl finally gets a car

· We continue to develop as a crime syndicate

· A Night Wave podcast or other audio broadcasting program is in the works

· Our next meet will be our first ever dual day/night meet

· I remain a faggot

· The boys plan a date to go to the holocaust museum

· The group is just beginning

· The night remains young

this is tacoma btw

Other urls found in this thread:

groupme.com/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0
dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0
steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan
app.groupme.com/join_group/23408529/tr6qiN
zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#
nightwave.nfshost.com/
night-wave.referata.com/wiki/Houston_Night_Wave
zello.com/channels/k/enuwI
instagram.com/hwatracing/
youtu.be/59iNjz_BQg8?t=4m48s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>new thread
>already dead

kek, business as usual with /hou/

>stickers
I NEED IT

Testarossa is king.

It is 11:30.

>that pic from GroupMe

ayy lmao

this is dagumi btw

Forgot to add, if you want to chat with us on mobile, join us on GroupMe: groupme.com/

You can search for us under Night.Wave, or post your username here and we'll send you an invite.

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
>dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

>Join us for a chat
app.groupme.com/join_group/23408529/tr6qiN

>ZeeMaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

>Check out our website & Wiki
nightwave.nfshost.com/
night-wave.referata.com/wiki/Houston_Night_Wave

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.

>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
>instagram.com/hwatracing/

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

who here wanna /lift/?

>not squatting with your tire for gluteus maximus gainz

go to UH?
I really need to get back into the habit of lifting. going to force myself to go to the rec gym next semester.
>tfw my 4 plate deadlift is long gone gone

How much does it cost

I don't think I've laughed this hard since I've started browsing this board.

SC chapter when

Dagumi ironically gets retroactively vindicated by Meme Car Reviews - youtu.be/59iNjz_BQg8?t=4m48s

Do want. Who has these?

Got plenty more buddy

its like 2k a semester on an average schedule

Bumping with race car inspo

Fuck it. I just wanna post cars.

good goy, i think i'd rather buy my own weight set for that much money

This guy thinks /hou/ is cancer, what do you think, fellas?

Supra is a shit

>We plan on establishing Night Wave chapters in Austin and Dallas
kek
Your a little bit late. We have been having /dfw/ meets since January of '15.

Once more throwing money into a pit. Getting timing belt changed tomorrow. On the plus side, interior finally restored

Texas is cancer

Good job reading the wiki. We already acknowledged that.

>Texas is the cure for cancer

How utterly predictable of a response.

So when was the next meet to be scheduled? I know there was talk of the 19th and of the 20th, but I don't know who decided what.

We're doing what we always do. Form the skeleton of a half-assed plan, call it finished, realize last minute we never discussed it further and try to haphazardly toss shit on the other half.

Works for me. I don't actually care -what- the plan is so much as -when- the plan starts. I just want to drive with a crew again.

>thinks his state is better just because his backyard is a desert

Maybe that was the point?

The roads might extend a bit more and one of the stages will be modified slightly.

>132 miles

who /carpool/

Finally, a meet I don't have to drive an hour and a half to!

Anyone coming to the meet tonight?D&B off I10 asap.

610 run pending some arrivals

UUUU

Is this Spoderstang?

I've decided against putting the NIGHT WAVE sticker on my car, at least in the form that you handed me. I'll be handing it back to you next time we can get together to give you that plate. I'm going to have one cut myself, it's gonna be white, in script, and very thin so it will fit on the end of my spoiler.

Well damn.

It's a fast land boat. Just like the R34, but I still like it.

Make me feel like a sucker for getting the stickers now.

But that's just uneducated meme shit Veeky Forums spouts.

I thought the point was unity, not division? United under a common insignia.

Na. He actually lives even further south than me

R34 GTR btw
That's my honest opinion though. They are both cars that I'd daily drive. If I wanted a little fun, I can have it. If I wanted a little comfort, I can have that as well. The Supra and R34 GTR are great cars, but I can't really see myself doing anything else with them. Maaaaybe the Supra, but other than that, nah.

the gtst on the other hand...

>I actually kinda don't like the GTR.

this is carl btw

tacoma btw

>doesn't include the Houston-Streets Kemah meet convergence

Pass.

No way to include that in the meet, the times just don't work.

Anyone else here feel like this is /decline of hou/? Activity dropped off drastically since meet 4, in anticipation of the Main Event conference, of which only a handful of people participated, and has since had little bearing on the effect of activity other than that miracle record.

Now we have some vague fifth meet looming on the horizon, and I don't think there's any hype in the air at all. We may have overhyped and forced things during this meet 4 era and failed to deliver, causing this lull of apathy. We were regularly going through 100+ replies a day at one point. I think we tried to do too much at once too fast.

Maybe that 4 month gap between meets 1 and 2 were necessary to make 2 as great as it was. The meets happened naturally and didn't follow a rigid schedule. Or maybe it's just me. But we undergo a lot of paradigm shifts, and often we create unnecessary division. (Exempli gratia: splitting an already modestly sized base between Zello, GroupMe, Haruharu, and whatever else, leaving the thread bare and diluting the concentration of content.)

It's whatever though, what's going to happen's going to happen.

I think people are mainly just kinda broke right now, it's too fekkin' hot to do shit enthusiastically, and some people have broke cars.

Did Dr. Pepper actually leave?

Yeah, fuck the summer. Ain't doing shit.

I think it's just you desu, people are always meeting up. I feel like the community is getting closer.

Difference of expectations.

I hope not. I don't want anyone to leave no matter how autistic. famalam for lyfe dawg get's me goin like jamalam.

this

fam4lyfe

It's hard to keep a bunch of nerds together to meet. We're all busy. We don't have to constantly be having meets. It took us like 4 meets before meet one happened

That's what I'm saying. We don't need to be trying to do like 1 major meet, 2 moderate meets, 5 mini meets, and 17 cockfondling sessions a month; keep it balanced.

Why are you being such a faggot? Nobody is arranging shit, you wanna do something? Then post it.

Yo Dr. Pepper.

Good! Hatred is the instrument of your liberation!

Heck, even I'm struggling financially; moving to Huntsville, paying the rent on two properties simultaneously, and not working for a few weeks really eat into my reserves.

I'm on a Ramen noodle budget for food so that I can maintain my cars and arrange a business venture with GS.

That wasn't me who posted that btw. As long as you put night wave on your car its cool

Trips for the struggle, its nice to get my foot in the door of fixing up old cars and selling them, I need the money too.

I think its just that a lot of our members are going through major life transitions.

Business venture? You talking about them there Cadillac?

>I think its just that a lot of our members are going through major life transitions.

That could be the explanation for the wane in activity, I meant to add

I think we're going to pass on the Cadillac and go for the marquis and continental if they're still available

>moving to Huntsville

fuck I'm sorry. I'm there every weekend. I fucking hate Hunstville. If you see a black S550 5.0 mustang driving around that's me.

>I think its just that a lot of our members are going through major life transitions.

I would be one of them. Won't be able to do anything except post for a while. Even then won't be much.

Like I said last thread, I'm down for the Continental. Reckon by the wording of the ad he don't want to split them up, but if he did, the Lincoln would only be $1,500, yeah?

It's not so bad here; my work commute is a breeze and I get to do a lot more fun stuff. I literally dug a grave a few days ago. Right now, I'm working on familiarizing myself with the police so that if they see me speeding around in the middle of the night they think it's because I'm responding to someone dying.

Exactly; or, if nothing else, we immediately flip the Continental. I suspect he's not answering my calls because I have an out-of-state number.

All I wanna do someday is help hold the organs and jot down how much they weigh, can I come watch someday? It could be uh. . . educational to my current career! Gotta know what the instruments are touching to get them sterilized better! right?! maybe?!

In a year's time; I could arrange that. Once I'm fully licensed; transferring locations set back my certification to day 1, I can take on an apprentice.

Though, I suspect you'll be disappointed. Unless it's a full autopsy, we don't really do much with the organs. All I really do is stab at them with a giant vacuum needle and suck out whatever I can.

Sounds neat to me. Plus don't you beautify, or is that another persons job?

I'd love to hear details about it. The deceased are an interesting lot with quite a lot to say, even if their lips are glued shit.

can i join if im 19 and only have a 1999 toyota camry LE ;_;
i want to get into cars but im still saving up

You have a shitbox just like everyone else, you are already part of us.

You're not fully licensed?

Worry not. We had a rather similar car at our first meet.

"Historical marker" in frame with an arrow pointing at the group.

Ebin illuminati foreshadowing.

>Right now, I'm working on familiarizing myself with the police so that if they see me speeding around in the middle of the night they think it's because I'm responding to someone dying.

Mad respect.

welcums

Holocaust when?

some of you guys are alright. don't get on 610 tomorrow during 7am-9am, or 4-7pm

fucking. kek.

/hou/ for life.

No; I graduated from mortuary college in June, but I've been doing this for longer than that. Literally the only difference between myself and a licensed individual is that they sign the sales contract.

>crew full of neckbeard schmos
>illuminati

kek

A perfect cover, I'd say. How many people would feel threatened by a bunch of neckbeards driving around in shitboxes?

I guess that's not really true though, we can't even walk into a Stake and Shake without everyone turning to look at us and feeling uncomfortable.

So can we start thinking about the September meet route? *cough* pic related

Posting from Turbosnail's workplace just to prove that I can.

We are an eclectic gang... We definitely look like we don't belong together every time we are out. Id hate to shill out t shirts but as it is only three members have them. I have the art fees paid up for one style so it'll be just 25 bucks a piece for those and 15 a piece with a bulk buy. Any body interested, I can pick up money and give it to the shirt guy and your shirt will be done in about a week