Were the 80s the best decade for car design?

were the 80s the best decade for car design?

Post some very 80s car designs

Best decade if you like wedge design and pop ups.

the 80s were easily the worst decade for car design followed closely by the 50s

One of the Best looking cars of the 80s

>mfw my supra has been in the shop for like 2 months now.

You're insane. The worst year for car design was easily the 00s. All the new safety regulations destroyed design. The 80s and 90s are objectively the best years for car design as artists drawing up the cars didn't have to worry about "muh pedestrian saftey".

I'm pretty sure my aw11 would cut the legs off anyone who stepped out in front of it because of its sharp angles.

lol

80s cars look like every company fired all their designers and handed a ruler. a piece paper, and a pencil to a child

no one cares about you being some faggy edgelord that thinks its cool to have an unsafe car

the 90s looks like the 80s after someone took a hair dryer to it

car design died after the 70s

Id agree that it was the worst decade for American car design. I think German and Japanese design was the best it has ever been.

80's jap cars pretty much define the stereotypical 80's look

did america even have cars during the 80s?

turd gens are pretty iconic of the 80s

My vote would be the 70's. The 70s were fine until 1973 with the front crash bumber mandated by the Feds, and then in 74 with the same bumber on the rear. So the cars now had huge ugly hunks of chrome hanging off the front and back. It wasn't until the 80s that they worked around that handicap.
This about design appearance,not which car is safer.

Only in america. 80's jap cars were more of a worldwide thing.

>This about design appearance,not which car is safer.

Im not the tard who brought it up

lack of safety doesnt make 80s cars any better looking

>1980s
God tier
>1970
Archangel tier
>1930-1960
Seraphim tier
>2000-2016
Fallen tier
>1990

It's more like 2010s than 2000s, they still had some good designs.

90's was best. same utilitarian design tenets but none of the space age crap and pointless cosmetic grates and shit.

mah nigguh

My mom saw these at the autoshow and got super hype, then got really pissed when they didn't come to the US.

Woulda been my first car.

t. blind man

>space age crap
>crap

i would have to say the 80s 90s and 2000s up to 2010 were the pinnicle of cars, every year yeilded maximum gains just getting better and better

Don't shit on it that design leaks liquid retro

Everybody, even people who love them, calls them turd gens here. It's just a goofy name that's stuck.

>a mom that gets hyped over an 80's shitbox with popups

Can I date your mom?

>thread is filled with ugly ass japanese boxes
As expected.

and now it's filled with one stinky europoor and his even more stinky diesel shitboxhatch

>MOOOOM, he talked shit about my civic "race car"
You're a tasteless pleb.

I know, I'm just enamored with them

I wanna get one of these or a '74-'81 model as my fun car, will definetely do an engine swap though

The 70s clearly had the best 80s designs.

Not the best, but much better then the seventies

Three worst decades for car design where the 70's the 00's and the 80's in a somewhat distant third

Australia isn’t the whole world, nigga.

Why do an engine swap? The 350 is a perfectly fine motor with shitloads of aftermarket. A stronger manual transmission and a better rear end is what they need.

Instead they had lumps and bulges everywhere. Literal cancer.

Holy shit what car has that dash i need it now.

I haven't done my homework on the post '81 year model camaros, but that particular turn of the decade was awful for Chevy. With the oil crisis and emission standards at their height, that small block 5.0L v8 only made 175-180 horsepower at most.

I'd give the stock engine a chance for sure, I hear it's dirt easy to wrench on, but my mother's v6 Ford Flex Limited makes more power than that.

300zx Z31.
350 ci = 5.7L v8
The 305 was a turd because it had a long stroke and a small bore. The 350, only found in auto models, is a perfectly fine motor, but chevy didn't have a T5 strong enough to withstand it at the time, so it was auto-only. However, a T56 is a fine match for it.

>ÆSTHETIC

It should be criminal to have shit opinions like this.

Beg pardon, wasn't aware I was dyslexic

That sounds fine and dandy, I could get over it being auto only in order to keep the stock engine.

If it shits itself though then it's a given, LS1 or LS2 engine is going in it, though I fucked around with the thought of putting a 1UZFE in it to piss off boomers.

>ctrl+f "delorean"
>0 of 0
> i hate this board

99 to 06 is the JUST.png of car design.

That's 2010+.

everything you like about the 80s is a fucking direct line to the 70s

Alfas are unreliable ugly trash too. So are all Jap cars. Leave it to an attention seeker to have garbage shit taste.

Filtered.

This

This is the most 80s car, you win

Late 60s/early 70s were easily the best time for cars ever

I like cars from every decade :)

I would agree, But after 73 the Feds mandated those horrible crash bumpers that not only ruined the looks of the American cars with the hideous huge bumpers, but added ugly rubber bumpers to European cars an Japanese cars. It wasn't till the 80's that those sort of things started to fade away

No doubt. I think the one exception is the 78 firebird. Other than that, Ralph Nader brought the golden age to an end.

I've got a hard on for fat exposed tires

I bet you're voting for Hillary you jack ass.

>unreliable
>So are all Jap cars

jap cars are reliable for one thing, being slow, under powered pieces of ecobox rice-burning shit with no displacement

>were the 80s the best decade for car design?
Abso-fucking-lutely!

Dunno, that amount of edge seems up Trump's alley.

>being slow, under powered pieces of ecobox rice-burning shit with no displacement

much better than slow underpowered pieces of lumbering burger shit with huge inefficient engines

They tried to look futuristic and that's my kinda thing. Seeing the awful designs and ideas people had for the future, but it's so super stuck in one particular short period.

>fffuuuuuuuuuuttuuuurrrrreeeeee

>no one has posted the most groundbreaking design of the decade
It's like none of you guys were even alive in the 80s.

Fucking 300zx!!! All the colors were molted into one green on my dash but it was still fucking awesome.

holy shit i'm hard

Am I a normie for thinking of a deloriean? What's more 80's than the car that cocaine built.

see

I think ive gotten to the point where I just hate the ae86 now

what style is my car Veeky Forums?

60's best decade

4/10

I fuckin love mark 2/cressidas, the wagon is pure 80's sex appeal

i fucking love me some ae86s but honestly seeing them in initial d livery all the time is very boring. mine on the right

>2300 lbs
>AWD
>2.3L Inline 4 cylinder turbo
>23PSI
>580BHP
>0 to 60 in 3 SECONDS

FORD WAS SO BASSED BACK THEN.

one more pic, sunset for extra 80s

Beautiful.

I think it is better in terms of ordinary cars
nowadays cars feel dead and disposable

Very much agreed.

I love how you kept the original look instead of going for Initial D/xXxDriftkingxXx/Stance fag