I'm in love with my fist car, Romeo 147, 1.6 105cv. It has given me problems with oil leaks...

I'm in love with my fist car, Romeo 147, 1.6 105cv. It has given me problems with oil leaks, and faulty thermostat and some others, but It has made me learn about engines and cars in general in the process. Buying a Romeo isn't buying a vehicle, Its an enriching life experience. Convince me out of buying a Brera once I start working again, pro-tip you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9cH_stxf4I
vimeo.com/178405748
youtube.com/watch?v=E_uuYCRUhV8
youtube.com/watch?v=3qgBs00Lsfs
youtube.com/watch?v=HnlnMPwHPuM
youtube.com/watch?v=6pl7UpYufIg
youtube.com/watch?v=psDn_ENCa5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I took the catalyzer out, got some extra power and the sound has improved, even though it was already pretty in stock. I wanna talk about my car, ask me things about it honeys :)

I'm a terrible photographer, do you have a Romeo aswell?

I like to be in my car more than In my house, Its so nice in it

It was cheap to buy, 4k euros with 60k km on it

the brera looks great but sadly it's a fat pig

you're a fat pig!

>took the cat out
No issues with the periodic inspection?

i really like alfas and the brera does look stunning, but every single review about it points that it handles like crap... it's just too heavy and soft.

>That cuckbox

Lel

>7 stops overnuked
What are you doing black nigger.

Go suck some dick on your usual bus of choice.

Alfas usually have a nice interior, especially with that classic brown leather seats.

Why does yours look like its from a Peugeot 206 or some other type of econoshitbox.

Btw my first car was a red Alfa 33 with 1.5 boxer engine and black leather interior.
My experience was a lot like yours.

Lel, the cuckhold got fucking triggered

Enjoy that diesel fwd shitbox lol

IS THIS /SOUL&PASSION/ THREAD?

I'm an Alfista, i love Alfa Romeo and one of my goals is to buy a 4C when i'll have enough money, congratz Alfabro!

Congrats! Im a proud owner of its brother, the Fiat Stilo. Feel free to ask any questions and ejoy it!

We have something in common, then. I drive a diesel and you ride a diesel.

my first car had a 1.6 105hp engine too, but at least it was rwd
slow as fuck but I loved it, they say your first car is like your first love - unforgettable

B T F O
T
F
O

Anyway, since this is an Alfa thread.
I'm probably going to get one like these, in the next month.
Same engine as my Punto. But since I always wanted a 3dr, might as well go Alfa.
It's essentially the same car and all, and even though I think the Punto looks better overall, I really like the Mitos ass.

>Punto looks better than the Mito

What the fuck are you smoking?

>not Giulietta
m8 come on, she's a sexy

color MiTo chrome rear light bullshit pls, it looks weird with chrome

Giulietta > Punto > MiTo

Tfw my dad has a brera and one of the points about it he likes is the handling

He brought it mainly cause of the looks and attention to detail mind

The MiTo is a good looking car, but the front kinda turns me off.
I'm getting it in a dark color, so it's not as obvious.

Too big for me. I'd love one, but I'm still a uni student and really want a 3dr.

>color MiTo chrome rear light bullshit pls, it looks weird with chrome
The new ones I've been looking at have this grey matte ring around, instead of that chrome.

nice
I think I saw one that had them In red like the rear lights, looked pretty good, too.
I'm trying to talk my parents into the Tipo 5 door to replace our 500c
they're not that convinced sadly
but I still hope for a test drive so I can drive it kek

>tfw haven't seen the Giulia yet in real life
I should visit my Alfa dealer

>I'm trying to talk my parents into the Tipo 5 door to replace our 500c
I still can't believe how relatively cheap the Tipo is compared to the competition and how much equipment it packs.
They say it drives really well too.

>>tfw haven't seen the Giulia yet in real life
Seen a QV in a dealer, right next to a yellow convertible 4C.
Still haven't seen one in the wild, tho.

they have a thing going for 12900 € for a Tipo, the commercial just played.
if they take the 500c in for some trade it might be a nice thing
are they on sale already? I've only ever seen one in the wild, it had an Italian plate

>are they on sale already
Yep. Have seen some 4 door ones on the wild, plus 4 hatchbacks being offloaded from a semi to a dealer.

fuck I have to visit the shop soon
I want to look inside

Some were taxis, actually.

Here, watch this with subs.
youtube.com/watch?v=i9cH_stxf4I

>mfw no Palio
will thy ever drop the 4x4 of the Panda or a real 4x4 in there?

What do you mean? Don't you have the Panda cross in your market?

So it seems like you just bought a overpriced Mazda 3

And you're a fucking civic.

no I mean if they will drop a 4x4 into the Palio / Strada

we get the Panda 4x4 here

>daily shilling

>implying it's a problem if people post on forums
epic

>another poor bastard that couldn't afford anything else but a punto

>I think the Punto looks better overall

Violently retarded tbqh

What car do you have?

I could, but I didn't wanted anything else but a punto

well actually I wanted a Grande Punto but you know how it goes

It does. The design flows better.

>my fist car
It's your first car, of course you love it.

However, it's also going to cost you money. Don't sink too much into it.

Kinda interested in buying a brera. Honestly the only car I think that looks good from alfa. Damn sexy.
Im just scared. The car itself is appereantly a pigfat, slow, fuel eating block of steel.
And the other thing is the alfa relability.
I always just hear fucking bad thigns about it. On top of that my friend bought the 147 1 year ago. 6 months later the engine died out of nothing.
And hearing stuff from the former Quality chief himself saying the reliability fucking sucks makes it worse.

2.4 abarth? Is it fast?

If you're so worried about the reliability buy a diesel one.

La pregunta es, hay hilo en forocoches?

Lol I own that car. Fucking piece of shit inferior, super low quality ( bought it because it was cheap so what could I expect...), really nice sound and exterior looks, doesn't go fast even if you throw it downhill. Also quite low mileage for it's size and engine.

Interior, not inferior. I mean the construction quality, the feels, it's all dirt cheap plastic.

But how does it drive user?

It drives fine, I like it. I own the 74cv one (that's why it's so slow). Protip :don't buy that version. We got it because it was cheap and my sister and I were learning how to drive back then (5 years ago) so it would do a nice service, but it's clearly insufficient.

I like the car overall however, would buy again but with better engine and specially with better interior.

Know that feel. I honestly just started recently to just go out and drive, it's always such a pleasure to drive my diesel 150hp 147. Black +cream leather interior with white dials.

>Diesel
>Pleasure to drive

Chose one. Well you actually already made the choice.

Lol, I don't know, but Alfas diesels are pretty nice, and since mine doesn't have dpf it's ok. I might be bit perverted but i never liked petrol engines i do like hybrids and electric ones. Electric is so awesome, drove tesla once. Awesome acceleration, plus that space-ship sound. Diesel with good turbocharger sounds awesome as well...
sadly most likely my next car will be petrol one dpfs and other enviromental bullshit is ruining modern diesels

Anyone who says a 150hp engine with 310Nm isn't nice to drive is a retard.

Oh come on it was a fucking joke. Anyway, enjoy your car, I also feel more comfortable in mine than at home, it's like my own private space, just mine, I can go wherever I want whenever I want, etc. All being said though, I will always prefer an atmospheric fuel engine to a diesel one (with the same or similar power and torque).

Anyway...

What version do you have? Is it the Q2?
I've been looking at some.
Most of them have high mileages but you find some barely broken in. They're beautiful cars.
Plus that 1.9 is bulletproof.

I always hated diesels. That is until I got my car.
Revs to 5000, doesn't sound bad at all and has a nice punch for such a little engine.

DPF is cancer, though.

EGR valve can be quite the cancer too. General maintenance on a diesel is.

Mine just did 50k yesterday.
The car will end up in the family if I end up buying the MiTo, anyways. Since my mom needs a smaller diesel city car.
I'll eventually just have it remapped and the dpf/egr removed.

Here's a vid of it pulling through 1st. Changed at about 4k.
vimeo.com/178405748

Terrible meme dude, almst as bad as your fiat

u mad

Its the M.Schumacher edition, it came with the 150hp JTD engine here. I have done intake, full exhaust, GT2256V, FMIC, ajustable suspension and a tune obviusly. It's pretty fast now, and i get like 40mpg.

Holy shit it's called an Alfa Romeo, not a "Romeo" you fucking cunt. I'd fucking stab you if you were here right now.

Not Q2, direct used import from Italy. 200k on the counter, interior in fantastic condition, Bilstein B12 suspension, previous owner might have driven it bit hard since the turbo is up for exchange but other than that, love it. Looks barely broken in. Turbo regeneration ought to do it got already a quote for it and it's not gonna kill me financially.

>p.s in Europe

better than "Alpha"

Well, do you intend to actually drive the car, or pretend to drive it while you're being towed?

>Alfa Romeos break down all the time maymay.
Thanks to people like you, few intelligent people might have a pretty awesome first car etc. In car's brand is not so relevant as the way you actually maintain your car.

You can't be serious. This is not a meme. I've literally seen a brand new Giulietta fail to work (and require a mechanic visit) simply because of the winter. The car had like 4 months at the time.

Wow, must have been bad luck, I mean I have heard few cases of Alfa's braking down, but usually they were user caused situations. In one case on motorway guy had to stop his Alfa, because wheels began smoking, the reason was wrongly installed brakes. Another case was with the incorrect. Other one was twinspark engine, but it was mostly because guy didn't follow maintenance protocol.
It's difficult to tell what might have been the reason regarding Giuletta in winter, car battery might be an issue, coils in diesel, who knows. Heard thou, that battery might be a bit small for more powerful engine versions in Giulietta.

user I've never had this kind of issues in my Honda or Toyota. Alfas are known for being trash. Get over it.

Fuck yeah an alfa thread. 10/10 would hoon

But the thing is they aren't, most alfas have average built quality, but there are some exceptions, which are brilliant. For example Alfa's with diesel engines are brilliant, 159 with diesel is brilliant. If you don't care about your car and abuse it, yeah sure Alfa's aren't for you.

Too heavy.

Somebody in my apartment complex owns a brera since a few weeks, Its one of the most beautiful cars Ive seen in a loooong time. Bright red with tan interior. I actually had to walk around it 3 times when I first saw it. I had the same feeling that alot of people probably have when they see some exotic supercar parked on the street, only difference is....I can actually afford this car.

Please talk me out of it Veeky Forums...

>I don't know anything about wrenching
>can't even change the oil on my car
>never owned an alfa
>currently drive a lease car (bmw 1 series) paid for by my boss
>only ever owned 1 car (bmw e46) and it was pretty expensive bringing it to the shop everytime something broke and I'm a complete retard,

Is this a stupid idea? Im completely in love with the brera, but Im afraid of the "alfas break" meme. Ive spent around 1500euros a year on the e46 for maintenance etc. Should I expect something along those lines for maintenance for a used brera? Btw Im a dutchfag so alfa's are not that uncommon over here

what makes it a schumacher edition?

any special schumacher shit or what?

if you don't have this on repeat whilst driving please kill yourself right now

youtube.com/watch?v=E_uuYCRUhV8

Zender Body Kit, Ferrari Red paint, leather wheel and shiftnob, Sport seats, subwoofer, limited edition badges, etc. I may have forgotten some things but thats pretty much it.

Jesus... If you're so afraid, get a multijet one.

This, if you are afraid of Alfa's breaking get the Diesel version.
Some may think it's sacrilage in such car, but it's more durable and you can always be happy about economy of it.

so, the diesel is more reliable? If I find one with a decent history and have the maintenance done on time, I shouldn't have to worry too much?

Diesel engines will always be more reliable. The only downside is a more expensive maintenance.

>If I find one with a decent history and have the maintenance done on time, I shouldn't have to worry too much?
Pretty much.

WR user fuck off.
GTV fag reporting in.

n-no u

9.5/10

Just for info, this is a 10/10

>Rosso Alfa
>V6 Busso
>OZ rims

--> pure sex

youtube.com/watch?v=3qgBs00Lsfs

wait is yellow punto user also wr user?

Wrong video...but same engine (0.2 liters bigger) :P

youtube.com/watch?v=HnlnMPwHPuM

Nothing but the diesel...:^)
youtube.com/watch?v=6pl7UpYufIg
youtube.com/watch?v=psDn_ENCa5g

should have got the 16v diesel for 150 hps

yes

What is best color and why is it Azzurro Nuvola?

Also, I'm tempted to buy a '03+ 156 as my first car. Why should or shouldn't I do this?

I'm a mechanic, and can tell you alfas are shit. Terrible electronics, selespeed is literally the worst gearbox setup ever designed.

Selespeed is bad, because it's too complicated for most mechanics to fix it. It's brilliant in theory, but in practice piece of shit. A mate of mine who's engineer did paper related to selespeed and according to him it's brilliant in theory. I underline word theory. Electronics in most modern alfas are german :^) Blame bosch.