>nope
>call geico like 4 times
>they never call back
>finally find out they wont cover me
>call allstate, give them my personalist of infomations
>ok we will call you back
>over an hour later
>they actually call back
>the monthly quote they listed is totally awsome ($338.92/mo while out of storage and $50/mo when in storage)
>we have to do some investigating and call you back with a finallized policy tomorrow
>slightly nervous yet excited

honestly i wonder what hoops people with supercars hypercars and really special classics have to go through to get insurance

i can only imagine newish imported vehicles and road legal racecars just being absolutly awful to attempt any sort of buricratic anything with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9eBpzbhhLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Calling an agent
Just use the website. Only time I have to deal with an agent is when I have a super obscure vehicle that's not in their database, and then it's like 1 email

Not auto insurance but related

>Looking to get professional insurance on camera/film gear
>Call my insurance agent
>Calls me back offering a package of insurances including life and renters insurance
>What about just photo insurance?
>Oh we don't offer that at all
>Keeps calling
>Call another few agents
>Use a few national insurer websites
>All play the same game, promising to give a quote and then only offering auto, life, home or renters
>All the fuckers keep calling for weeks
>Get piles of spam in the mail
>Finally call AAA
>10k covered for $160 a year
>So sick of other insurers shit I switch everything to AAA

It's been years now and I still get piles of mail from those other places I tried to get quotes from.

>three hundred and thirty eight dollars a month for insurance

Fuck ME. That's $4000 a year. What the fuck are you insuring? An F40?

my primary vehicle is a work vehicle while my fun car is my own and i only drive it 2-3 months a year

At this point i dont even care what it costs any more i just wanna go for a drive :c

>call nationwide
>ask about coverage for storage
>they dont understand
>storage
>uh what
>in case i want to store it long term?
>uh no

Canadian I assume?

"storage" insurance is just fire and theft. no liability or any stuff like that.

I was paying ~390 a month for a 95 GSR when I was in my early 20's. Spotless record for reference.

they drop everything minus comprehensive and you dont drive it until specified

youtube.com/watch?v=e9eBpzbhhLU

pleasure insurance? that's how i insured my shitbox

is that really what its called?

Ask away Br/o/thers. I work with USAA doing all things insurance except health, umbrella, and homeowners

Obviously I can't spell
But I know insurance!

dunno how it works for you live. but i just go about a normal quote then somewhere around the point where it asks you what is the vehicle used for I put pleasure/leisure option. then you can estimate mileage to something really low.

how long does it take before a person is no longer considered high risk if they went without insurance after having it for a long time?

also is there a limit to what an insurance company will insure in the way of very expensive/modified cars?

what are the best car insurance companies for modified cars?

what should i tell the agent in terms of modifications to the car so that im covered?

I will answer every single one of those questions questions. Let me get where I am going first.

what kind of insurance discounts can you get for knowing someone working in the company compared to a normal rate. just give a ballpark number

>really special classics
they use Hagerty

Wat car

I was fortunate enough to have my renter's insurance cover my camera gear that was stolen of my my car.

I lost an A7 and a ton of lenses, but the payout gave me an A7R, which is bretty gud :DDD DDD

>how long does it take before a person is no longer considered high risk if they went without insurance after having it for a long time?

Well it works like a credit score (because you have an insurance credit score behind the works) it really isn't going to effect you a whole lot not using insurance. But given the question, depending on if the company is high risk insurance or not, could take 1-3 years depending on future driving habits

>also is there a limit to what an insurance company will insure in the way of very expensive/modified cars?

Once again, depends on the insurance company. Let's take USAA for example. They have a 5000 dollar limit on "custom equipment" so if you have 30 grand into a car, they'll give you 5k. For other companies, like American Collectors for example. They insurance to a specific value and you pay the premium based on that

>what are the best car insurance companies for modified cars?

Couldn't tell you, I'm sorry

>what should i tell the agent in terms of modifications to the car so that im covered?
"I have such and such on my car ( give the short list of course ) worth around x amount of dollars. If I were to be involved in a total loss, what would your company do for my custom equipment.

>what kind of insurance discounts can you get for knowing someone working in the company compared to a normal rate. just give a ballpark number
Well, depending on the Insurance company's underwriting system, there isn't a "I know this guy" discount. You provide your answers for insurance, and the company automatically gives you the underwriting premium.

Bump for more insurance help