Just put a down a deposit on these bad boys

Just put a down a deposit on these bad boys.

i always wanted a cardboard box

Enjoy having them stolen, I guess.

ha
I actually bought some old wheels off an integra type r

I dont even own a Honda but I'm putting them on, way better than my steelies.

Thank god for type r time attack builds
wasnt even rice taxed

so you made a thread to justify your purchase because you're a poorfag and this is a big deal or you made the thread on accident because you're an idiot?

They'll be track-only wheels so will sit in my garage until I drive to an event, and I'll swap the wheels out there before tech.

>Just put a down a deposit
>wheels

You're projecting again.

I wouldn't expect a layman to know anything about Rays but these are 15x8 +35, which is an uncommon spec.
They were on pre-order (in other words, these are custom order only) so it'll take Rays some time to make more.

>year of our lord two thousand and sixteen anno domino's pizza
>not taking out a 36 month loan to finance a set of wheels
shiggidy

36? why so short? lemme get that 84

Not my car (I do own an ITR though) this is how they're going to look.

Compare that to these retail spec TE37s.

>buying expensive race quality wheels for a road car that will never see a track
>not buying replicas for 1/4 the price because it's only for style points anyway
Whyyyyyy

Reading Comp - 0/100

Nice wheels. I have the same.

>FWD
You're not taking it to a track right?

>Just put a down a deposit on these bad boys.

I'm assuming those wheels cost more than the car itself, right?

I love it when you dumb kids come in threads and make it plainly obvious you have no idea what you're talking about

>deposit
>on wheels
Why?

See above

Show me a clean title 97 ITR for sale for $2k and I'll buy it PIF in cash right now.

I never knew a BBQ sauce company made rims

>OP asks for a clean title car
>clean title
>user posts a rolling shell

You should stop posting on this board.

7/10 b8

That's
1) a 98
2) not a clean title

Nice try though.

Are you retarded?

How the fuck is it not a clean title?

Before I answer that, there are even more things wrong:

3) 4-door, and unless it's actually a car shipped from Japan there were no 4-door ITRs sold in the States
4) it's probably not even a real ITR seeing as it says "RHD CONVERTED" and "CONVERTED PROPERLY" and "JAP FRONT", but I can't confirm without seeing the actual listing

But as for it not being a clean title: missing an engine as well as having a "replacement"/conversion front clip, which leads me to believe one of three things:

1) it was stolen at some point in its life and the engine/interior was ripped out or;

2) it was crashed and the engine was damaged or sold off to pay for repairs, thus the JDM front end or;

3) it was originally a beat up 4-door DB8 that the owner wanted to convert into a 4-door ITR replica and started the conversion but didn't finish the project

3 is most likely. But again, unless you give me the actual listing page and not some 240p screen shot, I can't confirm.

Regardless, that's definitely not an example of the car I asked for.

It definitely is. It's just a shell. you never said drivable.
>stolen
Nope.
>crashed
haha No.

Instead of being a faggot why don't you post up the actual link unless you're scared that I'll rip apart every picture proving that it's not a 97 ITR with a clean title.

Reading comp still 0/100 seeing as it's still not a 97 ITR.

You should post the original listing friendo. This is the perfect opportunity to actually LEARN something about cars instead of pretending like you know shit and instead being shit.

I still think it's too much money to spend on a car that looks like a shitbox.

>cant afford to buy them straight up

Because I care so much about this topic (since I'm a real car enthusiast), the car you posted is most definitely not a 97 ITR, nor is it even a REAL ITR from Japan, and here's why:

1) No one with a JDM ITR shell would need to say the car was "RHD CONVERTED." All JDM cars are already RHD so to call it converted is not only redundant, but plain false.
2) In picture #15 (yes, I found the listing), you can see the rear crossmember/subframe. On ITRs, the cross member has 2 brackets that allow for the bolting of an OEM-supplied tie bar for more suspension rigidity. I've attached a picture to this post. On the picture in your listing, those brackets are not present. Already this gives away that it's not an ITR, much less a 4-door ITR from Japan.

3) If the car really WAS a JDM ITR as you claim it is, there would not be holes in the rear trunk for where the badging would be. As you can see on the attached picture, 4-door ITRs don't have any holes for badging.

4) Your example has a sunroof. Now, there are some very, very rare ITRx's that had a sunroof option. However, there's no way a 4-door ITRx would have made its way to the US, much less Miami, FL, without someone in the community knowing.

I should add that ITRx's were JDM only, which is what I mean by the community would know of the presence of one in the US.

Back to the anti-GM threads for you Mr Shitposter.

wow thats some hardcore autism, whats wrong with you

I stand corrected. There are NO ITR's anywhere with a sunroof. It was a dealer installed option at some places, but not commonly done. I know of exactly ONE ITR that has such a feature.

>is passionate about cars
>gets called an autist
Never change, Mr. The Hacker Known As Veeky Forums

just buy ROTAs out of pocket, plus they dont have that awful branding all over it

read If they were on the shelf at the store I would have paid for them in full right there.

Dude nobody cares. you nuked your own thread over dumb bullshit

I'm not OP. But I can see why no one takes Veeky Forums seriously. What an ignorant bunch of permit teen drivers.

8/8 shitpost m8

Thanks for the lesson on ITRs Veeky Forumsp. Ignore all these poorfags whose junkers are worth less than the wheels you just bought.

>putting down a deposit on wheels
Just get reps

Got any photos of your ITR user?

I'm going to be using these on the track. Yes, I know that for the most part reps are fine on the track, but I intend on putting R-comp (and eventually full slick) rubber on these, and I don't trust reps to be able to withstand the cornering and braking forces and heat that I know forged wheels can take.

I tried finding a good pic of one on the track but here's when I first bought it.

Here's a bad one. I can't seem to find a decent one, but I'll keep looking.

>behind a RWD car
hahahahaha I knew it

Here's a nice one in the rain.

Show how much you know about cars. That's a CRX.

Sorry, wrong orange CRX.

why do people like these wheels so much? they look plain and generic, there are wheels out there just as light and strong that look nicer.

i swear you can google search these on any car and its there

They're like the RPF1's: an iconic look.

If I really had my way, I'd have gone with Desmond Regas but those are impossible to find in the size(s) I would want.

Have you ever entertained the possibility that you could have bad tastes?

>race car btfo by a shitbox
Haha you're a loser

Nice try, I actually passed the guy on the next straight. This pic we're diving into the chicane at Mid Ohio (not that I expect you to understand a word I just said.)

Here's another pic.

It's a fucking Honda you sperglord. It's like arguing over what type of rolled oats is best.

Your life must suck.

nope

>track car
>ff
Pick one.

Por que no los dos?

You could have bought an ae86
you could have bought an rx7
then mod the hell out of them
and have something way better
but no you got that meme machine
even tsuchiya said that REAL enthusiasts do not pick the itr

>rx7
>ae86
>not meme machines

Listen here you little shit, I

What tracks have you been, OP?

>he actually bought volks
>they don't even have a good sized lip on em
>he fell for the memewheel
lmaooooooooooo

>hard parking

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I've been to:
Pocono
Lime Rock
Mid Ohio
Road America
Carolina
NJMP
Why would I want a "good sized lip" on a track wheel?

it's probably because he's purchased a component for his car, and is happy about this, and so he thought he'd share with fellow automobile enthusiasts on an automobile enthusiast board for AUTOMOBILE ENTHUSIASTS YOU SADSACK JESUS CHRIST

He's just a fwd bench racer
Not a real enthusiast

>just buy ROTAs
lel

There's literally nothing wrong with rotas

except rpf1s aren't iconic and people only get them because they are on a budget.

I get them because I want light weight

There is literally nothing wrong with k mart shoes and they are just as good as nikes.

>travel the world on a 6000 dollar salvage title infiniti and repurposed 7 series wheel budget

Does the wheel work?
Does the wheel look good?
Yep, it's a wheel.

Yes.
No.
Just like a fake rolex is still a watch.

OP posts pics of his car at actual track days
>bench racer

Are you retarded
3/10 b8 I actually responded

Rotas are bomb ass wheels fur a good price, keep bein a bitch ass nigga tho

>Fur

Literally gas yourself subhuman furfag

kys desu pls

why mad tho?

you write like a nigger
you defend buying fakes, just like a nigger
you most likely own fakes because you only care about the looks, just like a nigger

are you a nigger?

Dont make me say it again

I also own legit BBS RS, I just think that there's nothing wrong with buying rotas.
Stop being such a fucking faggot, faggot.

>unironically using one of those shit tire balancers

For looks, nothing wrong.
If you want to win shows, everything wrong.
If you're an occasional tracker running street tires (like RE-11/Star Spec/RS3) then they're fine.
But if you want to run R-comps and race slicks, tracking on Rotas is asking for trouble.

>replying to Mrcummy
You're only encouraging him.

There wasn't a 4 door type r

OP here. There was, actually, but it was not sold in the States. However, there are a few owners of these 4 door ITRs (imported) in the States.

But that car OP posted is not even a 4 door ITR shell; just some random LS/RS/GS 4 door that the owner wanted to turn into a clone. After I ripped that post apart I think the faggot stopped posting though.

I forgot how much I used to know, its been a while since my honda info was tested. Nice wheels btw. Is it the width and offset that makes them harder to find?

>Is it the width and offset that makes them harder to find?
Yup. "Retail" specs for 15" are 15x6.5 +38, which are pictured here Those are fine but the concavity looks awkward, and it's also not really an upgrade from the stock wheels which are also 15x6.5 so all you're really getting is less weight (and a stronger wheel but that's whatever). These wheels are 15x8 so I can fit wider rubber (225/45) and +35 so I don't need to roll my fenders to avoid rubbing. I would just need to raise my car up a bit from where it sits now, but that's no problem.

The reason why I didn't go 16" is because I physically couldn't. They don't make many R-comp or even race slick tires that fit on a 16x7 wheel in the size that wouldn't require me to roll my fenders.