2017 Honda Ridgeline has no problems towing a Mustang

Where is your God now?

truckyeah.jalopnik.com/this-2017-honda-ridgeline-towed-a-classic-mustang-over-1785097265

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w9t1hFLEFOA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are American pick up trucks diesel? I heard you don't have many diesel cars

Mostly the quarter ton pickups are equipped with diesel engines.

Wow. A fucking Mazda 2 could do that, itd just be slow. Stop shilling this shitbox you faggot.

wow towing 3000lbs
lets hope the Ridgeline doesn't cut too deep into the RAM 3500 market share

>l-look, our truck towed something!
That car weighs what, 2700lbs?

>linking jalopnik
stop
the diesel ones are. The EPA hates diesels so they're slowly killing them via over-regualtion. It's not cost effective to sell diesel cars in the US so there aren't many.

I want to like it, but ridgelines are pathetic
Honda can't into trucks

lol

How is it any worse than other mid-size trucks?

It can tow around the same weight and is vastly more comfortable

>crew cab, short bed
best in cuckmobiles

that's what the market wants

It's fucking front drive and a petrol engine you gay cunt. It's worse in every conceivable way.

only the poverty spec model that no one buys

and gas is cheaper in murrika

Towing with a minivan drivetrain is a bad idea especially considering Honda's transmission issues in the past. A boat or tent trailer is fine but I cant see it lasting too long if you make this do "real truck" things.

My 5 cyl Colorado can tow that shit stang

Good thing it doesn't have a minivan drive train and is equiped with a transmission cooler

>in the past
Tell me how great American cars were in the 90s LOL

Well a 90's full size truck gets the same mpg's and can tow more. It's probably on the original automatic transmission too which is something Honda can't brag about.

This truck doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. It is literally the best mid size truck available aside from the Tacoma

Taco has shit seating position

so what? a 15 year old ford falcon can tow a 2tonne+ cartrailer w/ car

Not everyone is in America you autist. They couldn't sell that thing at half the price in Australia. Everyone would laugh at it, and people would call you a faggot at traffic lights.

>he thinks honda 'AWD' is anything other than FWD

The Tacoma is one of the least comfortable vehicles I've ever ridden in. Like a shitbox with the springs cut down to shit.

Pretty sure Honda's autos from the 90s were reliable

>Classic mustang

which weighs what? 2500-2800lbs +2klb trailer?

that's nothing to be bragging about.

It uses an all time AWD, not the shit the CRV uses

>Australia
Found your problem

>home of the ute
>laughing at incapable trucks

oh the irony

I'm sure your bus can tow 5000lbs easily

Blow me. The problem is cucks like you accepting a FWD/"awd" Honda shitbox as a proper ute.

wrong senpai

I'll give you irony mate. I'll fuck your mother's asshole red raw tonight while your dad watches you son of a cuck

He says when in his country a ute is just a Camaro with the back lobbed off

No they were pretty reliable

still don't see what that has to do 20 years later

>30k for a ridgeline when you could get a colorado or a frontier

I mean GM is pretty shit, but is Honda serious??

We grew out of "utes" like 40 years ago. I bet you love the "barra" that we gave you guys 50 years ago.

You don't get a 4 door 5 seater Colorado for $20k

Found the assmad cuckolded australian

>4 doors
>5 seats
>literally the most comfortable truck
>full time awd
>Vtec

It's the truck that people who buy 1500s and f150s actually need. The most basic fwd model could do most everything a common normie could want it to do

Shhh... truck fags might get scared if you tell them the reality

Why drive a chopped minivan when a 1500 or f150 gets the same mpg's and costs less?

...and looking gay as fuck doing it.

>costs less
maybe only if you're getting a base 2 door with no equipment

J.D. Power and Associates class leading price tag!

>4 doors
>5 seats
>literally the most comfortable truck
>immense amount of technology

Also an ecomeme doesn't cost less, and a 1500 with an Ecodiesel is an even bigger meme with catastrophic failures.

for 28k you can get yourself a brand new 4 door F-150 with moderate options, and 2.7 ECOBOOOOST.

an extended cab of the big trucks, which has the same rear seat room as any of the midsize trucks, will be even less.

this is a premium engine'd F-150 quad cab versus literally the cheapest new tacoma with 4 doors and a veesex.

Towing a trailer with max tongue weight of 500 lbs is not impressive, gayboy.

>2016
>MSRP - $38k

Now show a 2017 F150

they're not out on the lots yet, champ. But despite that, the reason why I showed the Taco is because it's been out for longer than the ridgeline, allowing it's sale price to 'calm down'. the ridgeline is MSRP or bust, right now, because it's new. In any case, the Tacoma is also a 2016 model.

Not that the 2017 F-150 would be any different, as they're the same truck between the two years. If anything, the 2016 will get a little cheaper while the 2017 adopts this one's price range.

This price drop is not an uncommon or unexpected thing among domestic trucks. it's a cut-throat market out there and they're pushing for sales. The midsize segment relies on old people showing up who think they can't put bags of mulch in the trunk of their car or crossover, so they come to buy a Tacoma or Ridgeline. Because of this market, the costs will never go down. They don't have the volume to allow for it and sales people know that people who go out of their way for the small trucks (typically because they can't figure out how to park or drive a large vehicle), will pay for the benefit of not having to keep buying new garage doors when they hit them.

Because of this, mid-size trucks are silly. Unless you hate getting the best bang for your buck, or you can't fucking drive, there's no reason to buy one of these, financially. Trust me, I would love a Tacoma or Colorado. But the pricing makes it so that won't ever happen.

Here you go, the cheapest ridgeline possible. Enjoy your FWD at the expense of 1 extra MPG.

actually it can.

Australian pls go

Buying a Honda Ridgeline is like buying a v6 Mustang.

Even if it's good it will always be looked down upon.

ITT: everyone lives in Texas

forgot my glorious ad
enjoy your RT with no power windows, no outlet in the bed (apparently big selling point), no fog lights, etc.

>This is impressive
youtube.com/watch?v=w9t1hFLEFOA

Lol, enjoy your minivan.

Kek no, I have a diesel 4x4, as I tow cars relatively often and like to go offroad.

That's a Grand Marq, but panthers are great for towing up to around 5/6k. Anything over that and you really want at least a 3/4 ton.

Let's list off the reasons
>transverse mounted gasoline only engine
>independent rear suspension
>FWD
>unibody
>is literally an Odyssey with the back cut off
>shit ground clearance
>shit tow rating
>expensive as fuck
>looks retarded
>no regular cab or long bed options
>loaded with retarded mall crawler shit like automatic braking, lane departure warning, and speakers in the bed
There's probably stuff I forgot too

That's because everyone in the market for a truck doesn't actually want a truck, they just want something that looks like a truck and has a big touch screen on the dash

>broken down ford needs to be towed to its destination
color me surprised

That's a common misconception. 80% of people (here at least) that are in the market for a truck either have a big trailer or a bunch of toys they need to haul. A ridgeline would struggle to get to most trailheads or bush camping spots summer or winter.

/thread

I'm guessing you live in a rural area. Everywhere else in America it's nothing but lifted half tons that have never been off-road or hauled anything. But yeah, no one who actually NEEDS a truck would buy a FWD minivan like the Ridgeline

Killing the diesel with over regulation? What the actual fuck are you saying? The new 6.7 powerstroke released with well over 900 ft/lbs and the new Cummins likely to top 1000. Diesels are alive and VERY well. Fuck the EPA, fuck the bees and fuck the trees, too.

Just because you don't see people with trucks hauling stuff 24/7 doesn't mean the don't use the space

>what is a wagon

Not the same thing at all. What's wrong with you?

Wagons are useful, but nowhere near as nice as a 8ft bed

t. wagon owner

Why the fuck would you want fulltime AWD in a truck? It's stupid.

A two-speed transfer case is where it's at. AWD is for sissies.