Why do modern supercars suck so much fat shit compared to the supercars of the 90's?

Why do modern supercars suck so much fat shit compared to the supercars of the 90's?

Crumple zone you dumb nigger.

the 90s were mad

too many manufacturers have to be sensible now.

i have a shimmer of hope left that TVR can be what they used to be

The actual question is what happened to all the homo specials?

> corvette
> super car
Nice troll

Gtr is faster than all those cars

>GTR is faster
And pigfatter

It's faster because of the extra weight
Technology isn't weightless
You're probably one of those tards who think some skinny 50kg mma fag could take on a 120kg boxer

That pigfat body is making it more practical, daily usable and faster than a Corvette.

What I wish I could understand is why everyone hates the Veyron.
Is it because it's expensive? No more unaffordable to you or me than a Lambo. Either way it's too much.

Is it because of the way they look? Well that's subjective but I love them.

PS: The Corvette is awesome too

Because car hipsters
The veyron is a normie supercar, Chad mcthundercock would jerk over the spec sheet, niggers rap about them, and 8 yesr olds would have die cast models. This upset the wannabe Le supreme enthusiasts
Eventually it came to "huur I could build a 1000hp civic or camaro for 1% of the price the veyron is shit duur"

>What I wish I could understand is why everyone hates the Veyron.
It's the definition of automotive excess.
It's "the best" by the numbers but it's not a driver's car.

Modern supercars are faster, better in corners, safer, typically more luxurious and have more amenities (track toys excluded), far more usable, and much better looking for the most part (subjective, I'd be the first to admit that some of the 90's supercars look better than today's).

This is improvement in every area.
>inb4 muh weight
>inb4 new supercars are pigfat
If the fatass at the gym can lift more than you, run faster around the track than you, subjectively looks better than you, and is more talented than you outside of the gym, then you're the one who's an obsolete, ugly, slow, weak piece of shit

It's a nigger car thats only impressive on paper.

>too fat
>too ugly
>upkeep is ludicrously expensive, means you cant use it

It's basically a fashion accessory, not a car.

>the corvette is faster than the 90s supercars
>fast as if not faster than most supercars today, at least most sports cars easily
>magnetic suspension allows daily/city driving to be quite doable

And the gtr is not city friendly lol, everyone and their grandma says they have a spine rattling ride even on the smoother settings

And how are you gonna complain when the gtr and vette are faster than the shit you posted? A 911 and m4 are also posting crazy good numbers yet weigh more than their ancestors

You're just a hater luddite

This is the worst thread on Veeky Forums

Sorry, I'll try better next time.

because aerodynamics are weird

they cost too much for the manufactures to make
and everyone was doing their best to skirt the rules anyhow

Aerodynamics, driver not dying

You'll chant "function over form" all day until the truly utiltarian and purely functional look like trash instead of retro boxy shit that screams "primitive, low-budget manufacturing"

CLK GTR was ugly as shit, though.

Really? When thinking about supercars right now, you're picking a Veyon, a Corvette and a GTR? Disappointed...

Come on guys, bring me real supercars...

Both are trash.

shut up pleb

That's just like your opinion man. If you look at the C5 Corvette compared to the C7, there's marked improvement. Sure the Veyron is shitty compared to the Mclaren F1, and the Nissan GTR may not be as cool as the CLK GTR, but they're completely different cars.

>muh fiberglass lash up

It looks like a kit car that someone lost the instructions to and really fucked up making it

You just pick shitty comparisons

>XJ220 vs new ford gt
>both 3.5L V6 turbos
>Ford GT weighs less even with all the new tech
>Ford GT has more power
>Ford GT's price is significantly less not even taking inflation into consideration
>Ford GT doesn't look like a bottom feeding fish like the jag

this is literally one of the most hideous cars made in the past decade, all it does is scream "boyracer", but it's marketed towards football players and arabs after all

Who knew a car produced 25 years ago is less technically advanced than one made now?

Incredible information.

You missed my point entirely, dullard

Have you checked the reviews on the new 2017 GTR? Nissan nearly fixed all of the harsh ride complains the customers had in the 2017 one. Now it's more like a GT car now while still being an absolute beast at command at any given time.