mossmiata.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=76886
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is the owner of these wheels here?
tell me where did you get these wheel caps, they are cool as fuck

also, nice wheels

Yeah I am not him but..

revlimiter.net/store/center-cap.php

thanks m8

I saw an NA miata in solid condition while crossing the Santa Cruz mountains.
It was owned by a 60 year old woman.
That is what I am going to imagine you all are now.

That was me, I saw you vaping in your base model WRX, sweet setup you had.

>implying i wasn't on the bus crossing the mountains

Anyone driven the ND yet? How is the steering compared to the NC? Trying to decide if it's worth 11k to upgrade, but the steering scares me and the mazda dealer is 40 miles away

>hating your NC so much you don't even want to go on a 40 mile drive

Enjoy your glass transmission

Hi guys I've been going through miata forums looking for suggestions for new brake pads.

Has anyone had experience with axxis ultimates?
people say its the best bang for your buck brake pad :/

closer to NA though it's not 100%
you can't replicate that with an electrical steering sadly

still, it's more snappy and the car feels less smooth, more twitchy, just as miata should

kek

40 miles drives are what my 3 is for, I just don't want to spend 4-6 hours of my life testing a car with poop electric steering

Just because it has electric power steering doesn't mean that it has bad steering feel

the ND's steering and pedals all felt really light when i test drove one. combined with a revvy engine it felt like a car that likes to dart around everywhere without actually being any (or much) faster than a NC.

the NC and NB don't feel all that different to drive (to me at least) but the weight difference between them is similar to the difference between the NB and ND, and the ND is completely different to the other two. i've never driven a NA so can't compare that one.

go test drive one

cancer

Indeed

That girl is just sitting there, pouting over the waste of such a fine first car for a young lady like her.

I'm picking up a project Miata tomorrow. I really don't have anything constructive to add, I'm just excited.

what happen

Happened in my Home Town

I cut my teeth on an EP3 so EPS never bothered me. The steering feel is good enough that it should in no way detract from the car if you're considering buying. I boughht mine back in March, no regrets yet. Just be sure you get a Club.

Well that is why I asked, after all. If it's anything like my 3, it can't be too awfully bad. Though, it's pretty numb

that delicious red
does mazda have some of the best colors this generation?

That red is extra, though it never ceases to impress me in person. The white cost extra too (or at least used to) and I haven't a clue why

did you get any of those paint protection packages? i always wondered if the film would make it harder to clean and decal, i've never used the stuff

Nah the only accessories I got were the bumper guard thing and all weather mats+the trunk all weather mat. I don't think I'll ever own a car without all weather mats again, cleaning dog hair out of pube carpet is no longer a part of my life that I desire.

That's all in a mazda3 though, I'm still on the fence about buying an ND. My plans for that would be a 6MT white club. My 3 has pretty dick cloth seats, already fraying, so I might have to step up to leatherette instead.

Can I get a redpill on V8 conversions?
My 1.8L is garbage and I was toying around with the idea of fixing it instead of buying a new car, so I thought, if I have to replace the engine anyway, why not put in a V8? I've got le "$500 and an afternoon". Obviously, I expected a job like that to be expensive, but the Flyin Miata parts list for a V8 swap is eight teen fucking K. And that doesn't even count the engine or transmission. So there's absolutely no way I'm spending $20K on a $500 car.
The Monster Miata kit is $4k which simultaneously feels too cheap compared to the FM kit and still too expensive for what it is

replace it with better giblets and turbo it, sounds like you can't afford nor complete an LS1 swap

>it's been 3 months and my header still isn't here
gomiata, never again

>My palms are sweaty
>Battery weak
>Car is heavy
>Solo bump-started it already, starter's spaghetti

Yeah thought my battery was just flat but the solenoid is burgers and the starter has been a PITA for a week.
Can only park and turn it off on a hill.
>Handbrake cables are too stretched and can't handbrake on a hill too step, even in gear

Welp.

It's not a matter of affordability, but sensibility. You can afford to buy a $700 microwave, but would you ever in your right mind spend $700 on a microwave?
For twenty grand, I could get a waaay nicer car than a V8 miata.
If the Monster Miata kit price is right, I could probably stomach, y'know, 5 or 6 grand. That's not too ridiculous.

Did they LCL it by submarine or something?

Monster Miata kit is to swap in a wheezy iron block boat anchor that makes 200 horsepower and weighs 200 pounds more than the pigfat BP block. Why the fuck would you ever swap a Windsor into anything?

I don't see where it specifies which engine, it just says Ford. I assumed it was a Coyote because why wouldn't it be a Coyote

>gomiata, never again
I could've told you that

There is always the K series swap. K miata makes a swap kit

I don't think a coyote would fit lol. The LS barely fits.

It's for a SBF. That means Windsor/Cleveland. The Modular V8 won't fit. If you really want to swap in something with more power, look at the K-Miata K24 and V8Roadsters LFX kits. You won't be able to say you drive a V8 Miata, but you'll have a better car for less money.

>yfw I bought an aluminum radiator off 5X Racing's website and it arrived at my house 2 days later
>yfw shipping was free

>Handbrake cables are too stretched and can't handbrake on a hill too step, even in gear
tie a log and drag it behind your car so you can roll back onto it

I'd love to do the K24 swap.
Here in NZ, though, I'm looking at about 4.5k for a K24A and swap kit would be 5.2k NZ, but import duties would sting me about a grand on top.
10k before I even get all the parts together.

I mean, I carry a big stick with me when I go trail riding to use the stand, but I may draw attention with a log bouncing around and getting stuck in potholes, ripping parts of my chassis off.

So for 16k, an actual reasonable price for an LS1/T56 Miata, what car do you think is better?

Neat!
>What is it?

Damn, that thing has some big shoes!

I'd change those _____ anyway, now.

Look what I just got fellow homosexual car drivers!

deleted the other pic. Its a garage star license plate relocator mount, just joined the club a few weeks ago and my miata didnt have a front license plate mount... the previous owner held it on with zip ties and they all snapped

i prefer it off to the side cause I dont think it makes much sense to be directly in front of the radiator, and looks a little better too

I know, lol;
I was looking at those a few months ago, it's winter ATM and I just replaced my thermostat/flushed but def during summer.

As an aside, holy fuck heater core replacements are expensive. I could literally replace all fluids in my car, including A/C for the same cost.

In that ballpark on craigslist, there's so many choices that it's hard to even pick just one.
Some C5s, C4 Z06s, STIs, 201x WRXs, EVOs, an S14 with a RB25DET, a couple R32s, some supercharged S2000s, andmore built, blown, and otherwise boosted Mustangs than you can shake a stick at. And that's only sports cars.
Oh, and this thing.

C5Z

all slower than an LS1 miata

>buying some shitheap that has been raped already

For 16k, you'll have a shitheap engine that's been raped to death in a shitheap chassis that's been raped. There's no way you can actually think you can get an LS crate engine in a clean Miata for that price without fabricating everything yourself.

Fug.
It rained tonight and looks like water collected somewhere because a wave came out of pic related after first brake.
Where could it be? Are my A pillar drain holes clogged?

>all slower than an LS1 miata
Hardly, if at all. The ones that are factory are all around the mid 12s range, maybe lower 13s, plus there's no telling what some of the projects might do, like the 600hp Mustangs. The sandrail I posted claims it can do 10s, and is also street legal and registered as a VW Beetle.
This is also all at 14-16k, despite a Flyin Miata costing not 16k, but probably at least 20k according to google, and also requires extensive labor and time compared to just picking up the keys for a stock car.
But, I guess I got the redpill I wanted, which is that a V8 Miata is a huge waste of time and money.

Possibly, only one way to check - Purge those fuckers and see if it happens again.

Good time to check the drainage holes by the seatbelts, too.

>no mention of the J35 kit
>keep trans, keep ppf
>up to 300hp (limit of the stock trans anyway)

Some nb user has posted his before, if you can't into welding I don't see a more sensible option. That said most of you can't even change your timing belt so keep fantasizing, if you want to go fast cheap buy a motorcycle.

Hey I have one of those

why do you need to replace your heater core?

There's a kit? Do you have a link?

I don't _need_ to replace it, but it needs to be fixed.
The topmost fin has cracked and leaks a tiny bit overnight, steaming my cabin. Thankfully, it doesn't leak into the passenger well.

I've cautioned against buying from GoMiata on here for years. So much for hoping everyone would know by now. They fucking suck. Jacked up prices and extremely shitty customer service. It's disgusting that they're still in business.

Except an Ls1 miata still handles like its on rails

I just wish there were as many options for the NC that don't involve the term LS1. With the NA you can drop $2-6K and just slider your way from 165-290whp

ive been thinking about getting a NA Miata. only problem is that im 185 cm. so how tall is too tall for a miata?

Epic meme.

Gonna buy brake rotors should i go with slotted or brembos?

Brembos

NAPA Premiums are fucking amazing considering they are made by the same people as brembo, Although you should probably buy the blanks since anything thats slotted with non super expensive parts tends to be worse

>Just be sure you get a Club.
NO
Get the Sport and just buy the OEM LSD. Everything else on the Club is pigfat nonsense.

Club gets Bilstein shocks so you'll want to upgrade the suspension as well. Xidas and FM/Fox are much better than OE.

Get the cheapest blanks you can find. You can't really fuck up a lump of cast iron; all rotors are more or less the same.

>Club gets Bilstein shocks
Yes, the shock upgrade is a no brainier, because if past Mazda OE Bilsteins are any indication to what the new ones are like, you don't want them anyway. There are gona be stiff as fuck and jack down like crazy.

Alright guys, in getting this noise, it mostly happens on right turns but also on straights, pretty much any gear also. It's like a tire rubbing sound but only for a second or two. Ive done it at low speeds (parking lots) and even up to 30mph. 1990 NA. I want to say its a belt but it doesnt seem like anything is going wrong. I don't think its me scraping (stock ride height) or tire rubbing (stock wheels/tires)

I'm exactly as tall as you and I daily drive an NA comfortably

I'm all about the centric premiums. They have anti corrosion rotor hats

I have also ordered Racing Beat sway bars from GoMiata, it was the only page that could send it to Spain, it has been a month and they are not here either. Will they get here or I just have been ripped off?

>NC Edition
ayy

>Gomiata

Yer fucked

I actually just bought a full set of Centric Premium rotors and some other brake stuff that I am going to be installing before I go to an autocross next month.

thx for the help m8

hey senpai, I know this might be a silly question, but have you ever installed those extended clutch lines? I got one as a gift recently, and they are kind of a bitch too install. I don't know if I'm replacing the hard line from the clutch slave or the wire after it.

Clutch master cylinder*
My mistake

Not sure if trolling but, those are brake lines.

no i know they are brake lines, But i got extended clutch lines that look almost the same. just wanted some advise ;~;

Can a get a link of where i can purchase these

I haven't ever installed any, but If you have the proper size flare nut wrench (pic) I don't think it should be that hard.
I think just googling it could give you better advise than me.

I got mine from rock auto.

good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/13-1009.html

Not sure what year miata you have but here

It goes from the hard line to the slave cylinder on the transmission.

i'm about to spend ~1000$ on pointless interior mods

please help me, i can't stop spending money on this goddamn machine

Buy performance mods first Jose

Adjust your rear brake calipers.

already installed
the only thing left is turbo

Superfastmiatadotcom. I think, or just google j32 swap miata.

Do you have a mod list?

just to list some

>moss cobalt exhaust
>a few parts from nb including brakes, lsd and 6 speed gearbox
>simota intake
>45mm core radiator
>frame rails and some other bracing
>koni dampers
>fm springs

etc etc

Doesn't handle like it's on $20k rails.

>New MX-5 costs 35 000€ for the base model
>Have to get more accessories or else it won't work in my country, bringing the price up to 38-39 000€
>No good used ones available
>Would just be better off buying a used BMW 1 or 3-series for a lot less

Fuck this place.

S A U C E
A
U
C
E
Centric is master race. Don't waste your time/money on slotted/drilled/bigger rotors unless you track often and have a V8 or something. 949Racing said the stock rotors are fine.

I've done it - it replaces the hose after the hard line. I don't notice a difference - probably would be better shorter. IDK.

mossmiata.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=76886 this is the set i was looking at, you honestly think those are better than these

>want to do performance mods
>can never justify expenses to myself even if I can afford them
>keep doing little cheap cosmetic mods to try and feel better
>tfw too jewish to go fast

stay slow