Get car with start/stop button

>get car with start/stop button
>keep forgetting keys in car when turning off

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/us/wireless-car-hack-usenix,news-23169.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just leave your fuckin keys in your pockets, how hard is it.

Dont take your keys out of your pocket then?

It takes a bit to get used to, but its like leaving the house without keys. you just dont forget.

DOON TECK YER FOOKIN KEES OOT YER FOOKIN POCKETS YA DAMNED WANKER

>Keyless entry car
>keys in pocket
>walk up to car
>press button on handle to unlock
>start car with button
>systems check, tach and speedo needles pin
>keys still in pocket
>phone connects to head unit
>music starts playing
>start driving

What a time to be alive

We in the golden age between having cars do all the menial stuff and having cars do everything for us.

>being retarded

>start speeding up
>volume up automatically
>arrive at destination
>button to turn off car
>keys still in pocket
>windows up
>get out of car
>walk away, doors automatically lock due to distance
>keys still in pocket

OP just can't into the Golden age of driving

For me, having a button as opposed to a key just doesn't feel right.

I want to feel like I am driving a well-oiled piece of machinery, not a Chinese-made 1999 home stereo. Because that's what these pushbuttons feel like.

There is a weird satisfaction in pushing in and turning a physical key in order to hear the engine roar.

You sound like a twat right now.

just because you put a fartbox on your 1999 toyota doesn't mean it'll make the 150 hp v6 any better

>That's what these pushbuttons feel like
Don't you mean
>That's what the $15 aftermarket alibaba pushbutton I tried in my Civic felt like

Yer a cunt m8
t. Infiniti employee

Elantra owners, pls.

Ford Fusion, actually. And an increasing number of cars are coming with push button start standard or as part of one of the first packages. It's the way the industry is going in general.

Do push start buttons make a satisfying click when you push them?

PUSH BUTTON IGNITIONS ARE FUCKING STUPID

I hate push button so much
And drive by wire
And electric steering

Had a 96 civic that stopped recognizing the ignition when turning the key. My dad jimmy rigged the ignition to cruise control button. So I essentially had a 96 manual ex push to start civic. Still needed the key though

FUCK YOU REEEEEEEEEEEE

I just went from a push button start back to a key ignition and holy fucking hell what a pain in the ass it is. Trust me, you'll never want a key start again you ungrateful fag.

This has to be a joke or b8

I am aware, and it sucks.

The least these companies could do is to make their buttons actual metal, rather than plastic. That would at least feel a little less like operating a hairdryer. Mercedes does this already. Not sure why other companies can't/won't.

keyless entry and go is one of the few modern gimmicks i actually like

What happened on long drives?

Not at all. It's like pushing in a large marshmallow.

How

Is this like poorfag Stockholm syndrome?

the cruise control is disabled so I have to keep my foot on the gas. I eventually junked the car though because it got in a nasty accident. Some dude slammed into my parked civic at 2 am in the morning.

No, it's like anons on the internet hate everything that has ever existed in the entirety of existence.

BMW on the G12.

I have start/stop button and I really don't see what's so great about it honestly.

Like, it's not some horrible atrocity like some other modern car features, but it's not as fun as sticking in a key and turning it, nor is it any easier.

WIFE HAS A CAR WITH PUSH BUTTON IGNITION. NOT POOR YOU NIGGER.

>WHAT DO WHEN THE BUTTON FAILS?

It's basically, "I was born in le wrong generashun" shit

Are you an enthusiast or not

Because you had to much control over your vehicle. The average citizen should have as little control in their life as possible because you can not be trusted with it.

BTW, Do your trust your car? Because I wouldn't trust your car.

>coworker comes back from trip
>Mistsushitty RVR
>push start button, accessories come on. Push again to start, everything quits.
>push button again, accessories do the hokey pokey under disco balls of warning lights
>go go gadget jump start
>accessories come on normally
>push to start, accessories remain on, no crank
>push button again, accessories go off, engine cranks but no start
>push button again, no accessories, warning light disco returns
>push button again, accessories come on, rinse, lather, repeat
>mfw all I can do is push button repeatedly and hope computers can sort their shit out

>grow up in 90s

>first hand witness push button ignition trickle down from supercar to bmw to shitbox

Gee maybe I want something I grew up with not something I never used faggot

This.

If you disagree with any of this, your board is that way

But why is it dirty as fuck?

Clean your mess of a life up, user.

>Ford

All hope is lost.

Ford are the good guys and GM are the bad guys

I've been having similar problems since switching to the HiLux

>keep leaving the car unlocked as it doesn't have remote lock
>nearly rammed the corner of my garage due to lot more steering play and bigger turning radius
>keep trying to find the parking brake with my left foot
>sometimes fuck up the starting as I'm used to it cranking automatically without needing to hold the key in cranking position

The last one has a point

TPSs introduce lag and make smooth manual shifting a little bit harder
Electric steering reduces feedback dramatically

And push button is just dumb the way it's executed. Why even have a key now? Why not a little transponder rectangle that you can fit in your wallet? Why not a fucking key card? It's the "future" (because buttons are SO FUCKING ADVANCED) and I still have to carry fucking keys around, bullshit. If you have to carry keys, you might as well use them.

ITT retards that don't know that modern key ignitions are just as electric as a push button start.

Honestly don't know why it's so dirty considering it's never open. It's a fiesta ST. Ecoboost is all the hope I need.

it's one of those things that when you get used to it it's just so much easier

another good one is heated front screens

things like electric seats and steering are shit though

Electric steering allows the car to drive and park itself though

What

on most new stuff the key folds into the fob and is only used as a backup if the electric system fails

whiny poor people are so shitty

The fob still exists for the buttons. Sometimes I need to unlock the door or pop the rear hatch from a distance for someone else.

yeah i know, it's still shit and is mostly there for emissions and cost

plus i'm not so much of a shitter i can't park a car the old fashioned way

>can't keep keys in pocket
>being this fucking special

That's stupid..how about a plain metal key?

All I want
Manual steering , windows, trunk everything
Key ignition

I'm sick of this bullshit
My shitty civic I had as a kid was more engaging and satisfying than a fiesta st
Because in a Fiesta st I can't fucking feel anything, and this isn't just an econobox problem. It's similar in more expensive true sports cars

BMW are fucking douchebags for this. All their cars have push start button but NOT keyless entry as standard. So they are almost forcing you to pay for the option to avoid this problem.

>this is present on an expensive car youuu're pooooooooooor :^)

Oh, come on, you poverty line wanker. Anyone can lease a beemer, and you're probably living proof.

>Still carrying a fat fucking fob that's key sized because it has a key folded into it
It's 2016, wow, talk about advanced tech right there. We've reached the height of convenience. Now we don't have to take fat heavy keychains out of our pockets and can just leave them sitting uncomfortably pressed against our legs.

And chances are, the locks are actually electric anyways and you only have the key for when the transponder/remote die. A key card system with an optical scanner fallback (normally hidden behind a removable panel since it's the fallback) would just be so much better, but no, the kind of poor loan-happy idiot who "buys" luxury cars these days thinks a fucking button is advanced tech and just loves that luxurious and futuristic "keys in the pocket" feeling.

>oh so just take them out of your pocket and set them in the ash tray or something
So we've changed nothing except replacing the key-ignition interface with a transponder-button-finger interface

So fucking advanced

Also forget the james bond gadget, i just realized you can fit a true fallback key in your wallet just fine

still

>2016
>you enter your place of employment by bumping your wallet-hip against a square on the door
>you might even have your ID card stuffed into your phone case
>but you carry a fat fucking key fob to get into your car

you sound like you've never used it...

I have and he's right
It's such a joke.

I have. My parents (they make roughly $60k a year combined, barely more than me) lease a new car pretty much every season, and every now and then I get to drive their choice of high end econobox.

Please tell me about your amazing luxury car with a compact key fob you can fit in your wallet, because I'd like to tell mum about it next time she decides to buy an "user can you pick this up from the shop you live so close to it"mobile.

I have too and he's wrong.
It's really good.

get a job m8

I have a job m8

Push buttons are pointless the moment you realize you still have keys anyways

Pushbuttons are cool, but improvements can be made as already suggested in this thread:

>make them metal
>give them a click sensation for tactile feel

Well that's no fun at all. I could get behind keyless ignition if it was a nice clicky button or one of those clunky levers, I need muh tactile feedback goddamnit

if you're experiencing things it means the technology isn't advanced enough, even if it's really old shit pacakged in shinier, curvy housing

do you think they had tactile feedback in star trek? no
do they have tactile feedback in movie holo-computers? no
feelings = not future

t. original iphone designer

That's all well and good but why are you on a car enthusiast board and not /g/

Inserting and turning the key is much more satisfying.

Useless technological gimmick. And it makes cars even easier to steal.

tomsguide.com/us/wireless-car-hack-usenix,news-23169.html

The first time I drove a Tesla I just about had a stroke trying to get around all the "it does it for you!" stuff. Doors unlock themselves as you approach. The car doesn't make a sound as it turns on. It turns itself off as you walk away but you can't tell because no sound. I can't unlearn this many behaviors at once.