Driving Ethiquette

what are the sacred laws you have in your car?

me:
touch my radio while I'm driving and I'll kill you

If we get food, you better not leave any fucking stray French fries or garbage.
Also, don't slam my fucking door

Don't fuck with the head rests in the back seat and don't recline the passenger seat. I had an FJ Cruiser and as fun as it was some of the windows were the same size as the head rests, so if you moved things around I wouldn't be able to check the right blind spot.

>what goes in must come out
>don't push on the frameless windows to close the door
That's probably about it

>don't push on the frameless windows to close the door

Does it seem to you that people tend to slam it even harder this way as well?

Put your skateboard in the trunk upside down. Do not put it on its wheels because it will roll around and dent the body. Do not bring it into the interior because it will scratch shit up.

>dont slam my door.

Drove a drunk friend back who was rabting and raving and being dramatic about me not stopping for tacos and wanting to get to bed asap. Slammed my door and threw bread at me as he exited. This was the last time he was ever allowed in my car

No food, no sugary drinks. no complaining about the music or my driving, and absolutely no backseat driving.

Front-seat passenger holds and operates the satnav, rear seat passengers duck when I need to use the mirror to see out, and shut the fuck up.

No eating food, careful with drinks. Close the door by the door and not the top of the window

Is it just me or am I only one perfectly ok with having bare female feet on my dash? In fact I love it because its similar to a girl taking her shoes off in your house and getting comfortable

Nah i dont care if people put their feet on my dash.

She will be real comfortable when the airbag deploys and she's crippled.

> only best friends allowed in, not even my brother
> try not to break anything

11th commandment

>tap your heels together before you get in
>audio best kept at 47 max, that's where the amps are tuned to, don't go over pls
>don't touch the audio settings
>children and occupants behind driver must wear seatbelt
>no smoking
>no asking "does this come off", don't touch, it doesn't or isn't supposed to
Why don't people tap their heels to remove some of the sand from their shoes before they get in someone's car? Seriously, I ALWAYS do that before entering any vehicle.

I let people do what ever the fuck they want in my car, smoke weed, drink beer, eat food, I don't care.

>it will roll around and dent the body
What car do you drive that doesn't even have any form of trunk lining precisely to avoid this?

And as far as I am concerned nothing extraordinary I believe:
>Don't slam the doors.
>Passenger may touch the radio if I'm confident in his music taste. Passenger may not fuck around with the volume.
>Your window is yours but if I want it open or closed it's not open for debate.
>I'm ok with smoking and vaping in the car but don't abuse it.
>Put your legs somewhere I don't have to rub them to shift into 5th.

>ethiquette

Leaving trash is my biggest pet peeve
I don't care that much about door slamming, but I swear females always do it

Maybe I was raised wrong or am just an idiot.

I feel I close the door a bit hard, but not something that would qualify (to me anyway) as slamming.

How else do you snuggly close the door to make sure it locks?

Ive been told I slam by like 2 people in my life. I couldnt tell if they were just uptight and worried about nothing, or if I missed a memo somewhere.

Nobody else seems to give a shit about how I close car doors. In fact Ive had more people complain I didnt close the door tightly enough before.

No food
No smoking
No feet on dash
No leaning/sitting on the car

No smoking.

I guess that's the only thing I'm adamant about.

You MUST smoke in my car, 'cause I do.
You MUST eat fries in my car, 'cause I do.
You MUST put your smelly feet over every surface, 'cause I do.

If I'm picking you up, you're giving me the succ.

not my fault tho.

Ok that got dark real fast... Let bae be comfortable man she obviously knows she's fucked in an accident

itt: edgy and bossy faggots who must be intolerable to ride with
I only have 2 rules- Don't annoy me while im driving and don't make a mess.

>Don't smoke
>Don't be a messy pig faggot and leave your taco bell cheese strewn all about the back seat, in every crack and crevice

Only if she puts them in my mouth while I'm driving
>tfw roadfeet

>bae
Get the fuck out you nigger.

>triggered

Why don't you address the actual point you and I know there are no niggers on Veeky Forums

This nigga knows what the fuck is up the car make out session involves a little bit of grill toes in my mouth

This so much. The only thing I'm against is young kids eating/drinking in the truck, because they absolutely *will* make a mess.

>riding with passengers other than your QT3.14

Disgusting.

>not going on cottage trips with your bros

baka tbqh senpai

>not making your bros drive to the cottage or not meeting them there in your touge machine

Are you even trying?

The trip is part of the fun.
Blasting music, them drinking beer and opening a beer yourself during the last mile.

>no eating inside
>no smoking inside
>no fucking inside (shit smells for days and gets the seats stained)

I've been on plenty of bro-trips bro, you just need an appropriate shitty shit box to lug them all around in. Definitely not happening in my car any time soon.

Mm, what car you driving? I got a '99 Accord.

I have a Saturn Vue for my bro trips/light hauling/college car and a Fiesta ST for a daily/weekend touger.

Autism.
How the fuck am I supposed to know what you think "slamming" is?

>>children and occupants behind driver must wear seatbelt
I'm pretty sure the law states that everybody must wear a seatbelt. And even if it doesn't, the sense of self-preservation should tell you that you should probably wear a seatbelt.

>touch my radio while I'm driving and I'll kill you
Passenger is DJ and 5-0 spotter. Oh, and deer too.
>Just don't get crazy with the bass and max volume
>If it isn't coming in clearly turn it down or download a higher quality audio file

>If we get food, you better not leave any fucking stray French fries or garbage.
I don't mind the garbage as long as it is contained. Stray food particles piss me right off.

>Also, don't slam my fucking door
Everyone slams doors. My car friends don't, but they're the only ones.

> (OP)
>No food, no sugary drinks.
Food is okay as long as you're not clumsy. Drinks must have a sealable lid or they're forbidden.

>I let people do what ever the fuck they want in my car, smoke weed, drink beer, eat food, I don't care.
I don't even allow cigarettes in my vehicle. Alcoholic beverages are okay. Some of them are.

>I'm pretty sure the law states that everybody must wear a seatbelt.
In Michigan if you're over 16 you can legally ride in the rear without safety restraints. Quite a few states are similar.

No smoking
And more importantly, DONT FUCKING BACKSEAT DRIVE ME.

Test

>my shitbox
>airbags
My head will get chopped off by the steering wheel, and the sucker next to me will have his skull cracked on the glove compartment.

I fucking hate people leaving garbage. I don't go to their places and just leave burger wrappings under the chairs.

When you put enough force that it shuts LOUDLY you fucking idiot

>Observe how driver shuts door
>Do the same

Wow, so hard.

I only gave people rides home from work if they promised they didn't have anything illegal on them.

No ones ever tried to smoke in my car

What the fuck did you work as?

>this guy doesn't know how to close doors
Feel bad for you son.

Rule one: do not comment on my driving
Rule two: do NOT comment on my driving
Rule three: no, not even constructive criticism, no snide remarks, not even nonverbal, if you don't let go of that door handle you can walk the rest
Rule four: I mean it

I dont really have rules about my car, I only ask people be nice to it. And i only have to mention it if they aren't being nice to it. Mainly cause im not friends with disrespectful people lol

1 simple rule, don't bother me
if you ride with me you should know what does and doesn't bother me

you must suck at driving if you get a lot of comments that make you salty like that lol

1: Don't touch my windows
2: Don't slam my doors
3: Don't be a shitty navigator

Other than those, smoking in the car is fine (keep the butt near the window with it cracked), you can fuck with the radio and generally do whatever. Eating is cool, just don't stuff trash in any hard to get places like between the seat and center console (you fags know who you are).

Isn't part of being a GOOD driver involve making sure your passengers feel safe and comfortable?

You sound like a bad driver. In particular, a poor driver that thinks he is top shit and always drives unnecessarily aggressively and doesn't understand how to drive people comfortably (hence holding on to the door handle)

t. shitty driver

i'm not autistic about my cars

i just clean them when everybody leaves

Am i the only one getting annoyed if i the passenger starts humming to the radio songs? I really like to concentrate on driving and this shit drives me nuts, especially if the humming is improvised (god forbid off-tune)

lol do you wear driving gloves and a racing helmet when driving too?

Blatant shit driver you are, pal.

My passengers always come first so I always behave unless they've been in my car plenty of times. I will tone down my driving for their safety.

I dunno, don't distract me or some bullshit?
The only time I've had a problem was when a grill put her leg right up against the shift knob I guess to try to flirt and I had to shove her outta the way to get to 5th
and even then it wasnt that big of a deal.

I'm not that anal about my car. It's an old beat up shitbox I got for free. Anyone with a licence can borrow it if they want. I have two rules:
>no smoking
>take any thrash out if the car
This way the interior will stay habitable. Feet on the dash are allowed, messing with the radio is no problem. Just try not to make the car more broken than it already is. There is a complimentary roll of duct tape in the boot. Use it when needed.

This is why you have no freinds

>No feet or shoes on the dash
>Don't leave food or trash in the car
>I control the radio
>If you obstruct 5th gear with your knee I will punch you in the dick

I know no one, man or woman, who would fuck in a fucking fiat punto 1.4. So no worries mate.

>Also no smoking

>If you obstruct 5th gear with your knee I will punch you in the dick
>Translation: only guys ride in my car

>Closing door the wrong way

I find it impossible to slam doors when exiting the car, when using the outside handle conveniently provided by the automaker. Keeps the paint from getting dirty too. Passengers just love to grab the door edge and give it a major league pitch.
>how fucking hard can it be

1: Only drive people around you know respect you and your belongings
2: Have multiple cars for different occasions
3. ????
4. Profit

>the only door that needs slamming is the drivers door. bad pin
>don't smudge the windows
>trash goes in an appropriate receptacle
>put your damn seatbelts on or i'm not even starting the car
>only the driver's hand(s) goes on the steering and/or shifter
>i'm not transporting anything illegal. stop rummaging through the compartments
>just because the car has scratches and dents doesn't mean you can add more

the one that pisses me off the most though is the scratches and dents thing.
all of my friends have totaled at least one car in their lives. every one of those cars were pristine when they were purchased and they ran 'em into the ground. I'll be damned if they treat my car the same.

This, the only thing I care about is that you use your fucking seatbelt

You'd have a valid point if it were more than just a select few passengers who just can't shut up. Almost everyone is perfectly fine in my car, falling right asleep on longer rides, but my mom and a few other women feel the need to remind me of every single potential threat like I don't recognize them myself. I don't care that a cyclist fell in front of her car once, I'll still pass that guy, he's in the bike lane for fuck's sake. And no she's not a more experienced driver that I should be listening to, my dad's a driver for a living with around 5 million miles under his belt and she acts the same way in his passenger seat.

>roadfeet
I'm fucking dying

WHEN I SAY "PLEASE SHIFT INTO 4TH FOR ME" FUCKING DO IT. YOU KNOW WHERE THAT IS, IT'S ON THE FUCKING DIAGRAM, AND I TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DRIVE A MANUAL FOR FUCKS SAKE. MY HAND IS FULL AND I NEED TO SHIFT, PLEASE FUCKING DO IT. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

>don't mess with the stereo like some high schooler
>don't place your feet on anything that isn't the carpet/floormats
>absolutely no food
>don't touch the paint
>don't slam the doors like it's a behemoth from the 70s
>i flat out refuse to move the car if you don't wear a seatbelt
>i will flat allow you to leave valuables in the car that are viewable from the outside. i don't want a smashed window.
>take your trash with you
>no yelling at other drivers, or commenting about what an asshole you think they are.
i put up with that shit every 5 minutes, and you don't see throwing a fit about it. i ask you do the same.
>no smoking, but i think that goes without saying
>i would strongly prefer you keep any comments about the car to yourself. I have no desire to get into a dumbass conversation about how nice or shitty you think the car is, the mileage, reliability, price, etc...
>refrain from backseat driving, and i don't want to hear about how slow my safe/comfortable driving style is. would you rather i drive you around like a 16yr old in his psuedo sports car?

Just sit down, keep your hands to yourself, and keep a normal conversation about something other than the car, or my driving style.

>No food, no smokes, no drinks.

That's it, don't mind if you want to change the radio (I don't really listen to it, it's just enviromental sound) or want to chitchat about bullshit or whatever I'm not a fucking neurotic asshole who has to have total control of what happens in his four wheeled palace of bliss.

Also, don't have any problems driving people around for free as long as I don't become the designated chaffeur, if you are going to leave a friend grounded because doesn't have $5 to pay you for the gas, well, understand why don't you have any friends... Learn to say no or don't drive anyone at all and be that guy.

But no food, cigs or drinks, these are a no-no.

that reminds me, i have a big problem with anyone who expects you to always pick them up when you go out because "they're tired" or they want to "save gas", and you know this all happens because they have no self-dicipline.

fuck them

Food and drink are okay but if you make a mess, you have to clean it up. If necessary we will stop so you can clean up the mess.

The passenger is generally responsible for miscellaneous tasks that the driver may need done.
>deer spotting
>keeping an eye out for speed traps.
>managing toll money
>snacks and drink management.

If I tell you to be quiet, it's because I heard something that might be important. Don't take it personally.

You can fiddle with your window but if I close it, it shall stay closed until I open it again.

You can ask me to raise or lower the volume or change the song but the radio still ultimately falls under my control.

The same is true of the climate control.

I'm not worried about slamming the doors as they do require abit of effort to get them to close and latch properly.

Lastly, do not suddenly shriek or yell. Do not make false claims!
>passenger claims I'm going to crash into a semi
>full stop engaged on highway searching for the semi I was going to hit
>nearly cause a different accident trying to avoid an 'imminent' accident
>idiot passenger points out semi merging onto its own lane, not a threat to me.
>idiot passenger gets pissed at me because how dare I tell him off for claiming an accident was imminent when it really wasn't.
That was the last time he rode with me.

I think that about covers everything.

>I'm not a fucking neurotic asshole who has to have total control of what happens in his four wheeled palace of bliss.

>bans three of the things people most commonly do in a car.

Aww, they left a little heart for you.

>full stop engaged on highway searching for the semi I was going to hit
That's autistic, even by Veeky Forums standards.

dont stain the seats
dont damage the car

thats about it

>Exit the car the way you found it. That includes if you dropped a couple fries or whether you put garbage in the door.
>Wait until I'm done shifting / out of traffic to touch my penis
>No bare feet on the dash
>No touching radio (unless verbal consent is given)

>Don't leave garbage
>don't put your feet on the dash
>leave my radio alone
>sealed containers only
>no smoking
>I will stop this vehicle and sit in traffic, no matter how busy, if you don't buckle your seat belt

There is exceptions and special rules I put upon specific people who ride with me, but these are my general rules for driving. I also have special rules for driving for someone else. IE someone asks me to give them a ride because they don't want to take their car or do not own a car (generally it's only that they pay for gas).

Why the fuck are your hands full? You sound like a shit driver.

It seems like you are the autistic one. Why wouldn't you slam the brakes if someone tells you that you're about to collide with another vehicle?

>implying anyone would ever touch your autistic dick

>Why wouldn't you slam the brakes if someone tells you that you're about to collide with another vehicle?
Because I have my eyes on the road in front of me and can see there's nothing there. I might step off the gas, put my foot over the brake and check my mirrors and blind spots, but immediately throwing the anchor, possible causing an accident? That's retarded.

no fucking comments on my driving

Leave you fucking spit bottle behind.

So they have to use your car as a spitter?

I'm okay with food if it isn't messy, but for the love of god, don't throw your fucking trash in the bed of my truck.

I had a friend in high school who would fuck with you while you were driving thinking it was funny. He would unbuckle my seat belt, flick my ear, and other do other shit like that occasionally. Really dumb cunt.

>i'm not transporting anything illegal.
This. Nothing more fun than your friend deciding to tell you he has a bunch of weed and xanax on him while a cop is following you.

Perhaps a bit of clarification is needed here.

The way the passenger yelled implied that the accident was unavoidable, given that information the best course was to drop anchor and hope I can slow down enough that the damage done isn't as severe.
>shitty box truck vs semi truck.

Also given the arrangement of the stretch of highway, the semi the passenger spotted was in the on ramp and elevated, just out of my sight. The on ramp in question turns into a lane. The semi was never a threat to me.

Anyone who has been through the i94 and 41 interchange knows that 41 goes both over and under 94.
>also known as the Miller Park Interchange.

Beer bottles empty in the floor on the back, or cans

This being is a drive into city/friends/etc

Holy shit does it grind my gears

not bothered by most stuff, smoking, eating or whatever.

i really don't appreciate being told how to drive, as a joke it's fine but not backseat shit

I don't really like listening to music while I drive, I will throw on the radio if I'm in traffic or something but for the most part I am happy to drive in silence