ITT: Cars you want to own knowing full well it would be a colossal mistake

ITT: Cars you want to own knowing full well it would be a colossal mistake

>8 liters, 10 cylinders of naturally aspirated American fury

>no airbags, no crumple zones, no traction control, no nannies, 400HP inline-6 with British reliability

Legal to import to Canuckistan in 4 years

>bone stock
>car gets too hot
>have to rebuild engine every 100,000 miles
>shit gas mileage

I don't even give a shit, all I want is to own a twin-turbo triangle machine

If - IF I could get it started and running correctly on the right fuel, 300 highly strung horsepower and a couple of inches of rear tyre probably wouldn't end well without any prior vintage car experience.

>shit tier reliability ls7
>valves dropping left and right
>shit gas mileage driving it the way it was intending to be driven
>every faggot with an aftermarket turbo car or s/c car will want to race
>shitbox gallardos will smoke me
>huge tires will clunk and clop everywhere in a dd situation and break my wallet when they need replacement
>factory kit car construction

>still checks all the feels boxes

The FC is fun too

Who told it was American? That was designed by the Italians.

This, but RX8. Sounds like a HUGE pain in the ass, but I want to own a Rotary before they go completely extinct.

One day the RX-VISION will be out

I hope

The valve train issues did not effect all LS7s or even most of them and were fixed on later models years and cars like the Z28 Camaro and some Holden HSVs that used them.

Cosmetically designed as in he did the styling? an American designed the latest Miata but it is a japanese car. The New NSX wasn't necessarily "designed" by a woman but the woman who is often credited as the designer was in charge of bringing the concept styling into production form or something like that.

I wish the z28 had the older 5th gen camaro front fascia like the zl1 does

You added an extra 0 there senpai

>actually for sale within driving distance
>actually LPG converted, but that only means that fuel will be as "cheap" as in the US, I'll still pay out of my ass for the 13 mpg or whatever this thing'll get
>will have to crawl it out of the garage to keep it from scratching
>will have to twenty point turn it in the courtyard
>will have to crawl it out of the driveway to keep it from scratching
>parking lots so tiny that I'll always have to park across multiple spots in the far out corner

I'd buy the snek knowing full well that it's gonna spend every driving second trying to bite my head off.

car newb here

what are the advantages of a rotary engine? seems like it's all cons to me

If you treat them right (watch your oil, take it to redline occasionally, let it warm up, etc.) they can last a while between rebuilds contrary to popular belief. They produce a lot of power compared to their physical size, and they're exotic.

Older rotary engines usually last longer than newer ones, due to older rotary engines being tuned more conservatively.

Still worth it desu

God I was talking about the engine.
Not ignoring your response but that was a good one.

It's mechanically extremely simple with only a handful of moving parts compared to the metric asston in the average piston engine, really small and lightweight, runs with very little vibrations or harshness and it's apparently rather reliable for applications requiring continuous high output. The biggest cons are the incredibly difficult sealing which leads to a whole lot of issues, and the poor suitability for daily driving.

isnt the reason why i never see those is because theyre rare, not because theyre illegal to import?

thanks for the explanation

and it's pretty much winning the lottery if you find a RX8 in decent condition, correct?

06 GTO

a porsche 944 even though i know its cheap because the parts are expensive.

Really small and lightweight compared to a piston engine with the same horsepower. Having less weight up front improves handling.
Also, the unique sound is a plus

>friend's dad has a viper
>he'll never let me drive it

Also I'm 90% sure he knows I fucked his daughter, so that didn't help

But Lamborghini only helped to adapt the V10 Chrysler already had into aluminum. Then Chrysler scrapped the Lambo engine, and was forced to restart to give us the engine that finally made it to production.

Cummins-swapped Century wagon.

He knows that, you fed him a (you).

Myth.

The original iron V10 in the Ram was built on the original 360 Chrysler small block.

It was then adapted to aluminum specifically for the original Viper.

27 litre engine, the sheer length, but fuck it will be stupendous fun , what?

Me too brah, me too...

Honestly, if i was in the market for a super car, the first one i'd want to buy would be a viper.

One of these days i'll own an old gen viper. The ones that love to kill you.

Mmm not quite. There are actually quite a bit of good rx8s out there if you look at the forums, especially rx8club.
That being said, the rx8 isn't the prime rotary car. The last gen rx7 (1993+) is the car that is commonly lauded as the hallmark of the rotary engine, and is the one you should lust after. Great power, great balance, and imo one of the sexiest chassis out there.

not the 800+ HP naturally aspirated v12 Cerebra Speed Twelve?

you should do it anyway aren't you from germany?
also what chrysler is that

Couch surfing truckerfag here. Considering buying this because I don't currently have any bills and minimal expenses.

saw a black one of these in person the other day and it wasn't as big as i expected compared to a lot of newer cars
it looked pretty nice actually made me kinda want one

No car driven the way it's supposed to will return you good mileage

second

So pretty
So comfy but

>500 Cubic inch V8 from the 60s
>weighs a fuckton
>probably doesnt stop well
>not sure about reliability
>also size

I'd be bumping into everything

RIP TVR, your cars were shit but they were shit with a lot of style.

they're coming back

Why pick that when you can pick an even bigger mistake?

>>have to rebuild engine every 100,000 miles

you wish

Ferrari 348 Series Speciale, they're rumored to be awful cars.

They are. The 348 Challenge cars are pretty neat though

The 348 GTC is supposed to be the road going version of the FIA GT racing car, and its supposed to be very good.

I've never seen a GTC, I think they only made a handful of them. You can still get a Challenge car for a not insane price and they are street legal unlike the 360 and forward. They are definitely more interesting than good though.

355 challenge was pretty cool looking tho

That picture has to be taken in France.
Anyway here is a GTC that was for sale in Denmark way back for about 70k Euros.

They are badass cars, they're all manuals because Ferrari couldn't keep up with the demand for the F1 trans street cars at the time. The bad part of the 348 and 355 Challenge is they were converted by dealerships and not the factory, so there's some ugly welds and questionable installs on some of the parts

That's a big premium for a 348, probably would cost $150k+ these days if it sold for $70k more than 5 years ago

>That's a big premium for a 348, probably would cost $150k+ these days if it sold for $70k more than 5 years ago

It is considering you can find a good 348 for about $50k US.

Any 944 or 924 or 928 or 968 or...

this so much

My nigre

My wife approves

I'm buying one once we get the rest of our credit card debt paid off.

Only if the SRT Jeep doesn't sway us first

>fwd

This

>tfw they still want $4500 for this POS
Poorfag can't spell or afford a couple simple fixes. No way that car was cared for at all since the original owner.

I would love a 2004 STI with all OEM parts that was owned by an adult its whole life. But that's probably a unicorn.

>Kentville
I feel bad for you

>roll cage blocking doors
>V12 fed air through a vacuum hose
>engine that is literally just 2 inline-6's sharing a crankshaft
>"we just didn't give a fuck" exterior styling

This car is hilarious.

>V12 fed air through a vacuum hose
thats not a vacuum hose, several race cars use those plastic intakes

The latest one is probably semi-tamed, the first gen gts though........

Really not a bad idea though, especially if you can a find a good one.

Post her feet and her first son

ain't nuthin wrong wit dat