Name one good car the USA made in the 90's

Name one good car the USA made in the 90's.

>protip, you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/ford-f150-lightning-xlt/
motortrend.com/news/american-sports-sedans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There aren't any, they only made total shit in the 90's. Their cars are shit all of the time come to think of it.

Mustang
Trans Am
Neon
Ram
YJ
XJ

You spelled all the synonyms of shit wrong.

Ls1 powered cars like corvette, trams am, and Camaro.

Dodge Viper

Dodge Viper

zee r won

Plymouth Prowler

fiero

Define a good car.

My uncle had a fleet of 5 of those buicks (or a similar model) for his family to use as they wished. To him, those were good cars.

He also put 450,000 miles on a Chevy astro, I'm sure he thought that was a good vehicle too.

Out of the cars I've had, there are a few that could be classed as good, but for different reasons.
I have a 90s Trans am that is a good car (good engine/chassis to build on, decent interior).
I had a 90s Olds aurora that was a good car (nice interior compared to the average 90s car, 4.0 fwd v8 wasn't the greatest, but did have some kind of racing pedigree)
I had a 96 gmc Sierra that got good gas mileage, was good to haul stuff in (longbed), and had good pickup for a 305, some would call that a good car (or truck).

It just depends on what you're looking for in a vehicle.

dodge dynasty

doesnt exist

USA didnt make good cars until recently

Dat 99 C5 FRC Corvette...

mmm...

F-bodies were made in Canada.

LS1 Trans Am

so was my ef civic... a trans am is still the most american car you can drive

>a trans am is still the most american car you can drive

no it isnt

in that its fat, ugly, sounds terrible, and is horrible to look at is pretty damn American tho

Nothing screams freedom quite the way a WS6 does user.

its a generic V8 in a uglier than average body

its nothing special

>fat

more like wide
>sounds terrible
>V8

>horrible to look at

>the one fucking car that actually stands out in the crowd

more like it looks like a melting bunch of fat

LS is the worst sounding V8 on the planet

I like how you couldnt defend how ugly it is tho of course it stands out when it looks that awful

just like how America stands out here

>generic V8

>aluminum block/head
>forged bottom end
>6 bolt mains
>LS1/6 (2001-2) cars put down 350whp with just exhaust

sounds pretty generic lmfao

Stop feeding him (you)s, this is a shit bait thread to begin with and I don't know why anyone responded.

doesnt sound special to me

350whp from such displacement is just laughable tho

1984 - 1988

I had a 93 s10 that I TRIED to destroy and couldn't.

>Took 4 posts for somebody to get the correct answer
Goddamn it, Veeky Forums

When you are a professional at anything, Op, maybe then you can give out tips. And I don't mean a professional shitposter. As to answer your question the pic shows 1 of many.

Vipers are objectively shit

You're objectively a faggot

>I like it so its good

your objectively mentally stunted

Why would you give him a (you) and this thread a reply?

Zed R One

Didn't the original viper have no roof?

Btfo by 2.3 ecoboost

>>I like it so its good
>your objectively mentally stunted
You don't like it so it's bad
You're even worse

nope

it has a Playskool interior
shit comfort
shit luxury
shit power for the output
shit economy
it sounds absolutely garbage easily one of the worst sounding cars on the planet

theres nothing good about it

just because you thought it was cool when you were 5 and saw it in Gran Turismo doesnt make it good

Trans Am
Viper
XJ
MJ
F150 4.9L I6
C/K Series
Grand Caravan (esp. 3.8L)
Panther (all variants)
Ranger
Neon
E C O N O L I N E

Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, Ford Festiva, GMC Syclone, Dodge Spirit, Dodge Ram and the Dodge Stealth,

This thread is shit, OP is shit and everyone feeding that faggot (you)s should feel bad.

Kill yourself.

triggered burgerfag detected

Forgot the 96 Impala SS.

How did the heads flow so well and also get decent mpg on shit gas?

useless 6th gear

Your pic related, the LeSabre was the best and most reliable comfymobile that I've ever owned.

New pic because quality wut

Fiero concept maybe?

GMC Typhoon and Syclone

fuck me. this car is divine.

94-96 Chevy Caprices were good solid cars

Op wouldn't know a good car if mom and dad bought him one. Eat Lightning.

>Lightning =\= car

>what is the Ford Crown Victoria

>Lightning
>good

>faster than a 454 SS
>handled better than plenty of cars in it's day (.86g and over 60mph through the slalom)
>not good

Pick one faggot.

And no doorhandles, and no windows, and no airbags, and no anti-lock brakes or traction contol, and no testing, and no padding on the front of the driver's seat to make sure there's room for your gigantic fucking testicles.

Some of you memesters must think that every car in the 90s was a 60, horse Yugo. Yea I know not a car, but saying the Lightning wasn't good has no basis on reality, especially in '93 when it debuted. Pic better?

Ah the dodge stealth quality american engineering

Basically rebadged Dodge Spirit. One of best car's of late 80's and early 90's, especially RT

Grand Marquis. If you get a non-nig car that shit is great

What exactly is good about the Lightning?

do you even want to know what a boosted ls1 would make? or an ls1 tuned? don't even talk about your fucking starbucksboost(**********).

it was meant to be a torquey motor for trucks. its potential still stands but it fufilled its purpose well. any high strung low displacement motor making that much will

1) not last
2)be unreliable as fuck
3) need close gearing to be useful

now THATS laughable

Solid truck platform. Hilariously stealthy at the time when it first appeared. Great engine and like a previous poster said made a laughing stock out of the 454SS and some surprised fox and F-bodies.

Pretty much everything considering the levels of performance of other full size trucks?

>A blast down a deserted, curvaceous road reveals the Lightning’s handling prowess, which contradicts its 4313 pounds and formidable size. Monroe Formula GP gas-pressurized shocks and a 1.0-inch diameter anti-roll bar working with a 4×4-spec Pitman arm and unique radius arm up front, and leaf springs with a single half leaf in the rear, provide a road-hugging ride when matched with the low center of gravity and large tire contact patches. The sport-coupe handling, surprising in such a large vehicle, has the driver searching for open roads where the Lightning really can be pushed. Our survey respondents flagged handling as the most liked attribute of the truck, with overall performance grabbing a close second.

motortrend.com/news/ford-f150-lightning-xlt/

It's a slow turd senpai. Essentially a decal package for retards. The gen II was more of the same with some dyno queen upgrades.

spoken like someone who doesnt know anything but believes their shitty truck engines are good

91 firebird
Jk this car fucking sucks ass

>4300lb
>outhandles cars known for their bad handling

>truck
>sports

This is literally the most retarded vehicle ever to exist. If you want sportiness, you buy a car that is sporty. If you want a truck, you buy a truck. If you want sportiness and a truck, you buy a sporty car and a truck or accept that one is intrinsically opposed to the other.

It's all well and good saying it's great 'for a truck' but lets face it, a marksman with parkinsons might be a great marksman for someone with parkinsons, but they're still a shitty marksman.

The First Vehicle I learned how to drive in.

Wish It wasn't stolen

>using rational thinking
>Veeky Forums

S H O
H
O

OK its was a drag strip racer. No one road coursed a Lighting. The engine had GT40 heads and a much more aggressive cam the the regular 5.8. With 4.10 gears in the rear it took off pretty quick at the start. It was a solid platform to start with. It could also haul a little of lumber too. As far as retarded comment that's your opinion and I will respect that even if I think it is wrong.

THESE

Didn't the F40 not have most of this besides windows either on top of being uncomfortable with a non-livable interior that looked like it was held together with bathroom paste with typical 80s and 90s ferrari reliability?
>inb4 "but i liked smelling enzo ferrari's farts and everything made when he was alive was flawless"
Judging this car as is, is it kind of a shitty?
fucking really? a Typhoon? not that an automatic turbo SUV would be hard to handle but i wouldn't have figured anyone who owns one would let a first-time driver drive it.

Got a friend who ones one of these, and hearing a V10 for the first time outside of the internet is a thrill.

An autistic child stands out in a crowd. Doesn't mean it's a good thing.

It was my Dads Typhoon, My Grandfathers Superbird or my uncles GNX. My moms Bonneville got tboned, and my grandfather was swapping a 454 into his rambler.

So I learned on the Typhoon

And the Caddy.

The CTS-V? Was introduced in the '00s.

>If you want sportiness, you buy a car that is sporty. If you want a truck, you buy a truck. If you want sportiness and a truck, you buy a sporty car and a truck or accept that one is intrinsically opposed to the other

Fucking hell you are a stupid motherfucker
Do you even own a fucking vehicle?

DODGE NEON

SORRY PAL YOU LOSE

Are you retarded?

Oldsmobile intrigue

I've never driven a 90's american car, but here are my yuropoor 2 eurocents

90's american cars that aren't downsize fails like late 90's gm rebadge job shit or blob tauruses don't seem extremely crap, you get big torquey engines, granted with few horsepower and high consumption, but damn it,a gallon is almost free in America

They were also pretty well equipped, I think something like a Park Avenue or a Regal would have done the same job a more expensive smaller Merc would have done

American cars got more shitty in the 2000's because all the luxury stuff was phased out and smaller cars were generally the same as 90's cars

>most american car you can drive
Right on.. I still have my most american car.

>literally any saturn ever made

>those reflections
nice touch

Better image. It's from a Motor Trend article comparing them.
motortrend.com/news/american-sports-sedans/

what the fuk

this

Caprice
Crown vic
Camero
Mustang
Dodge trucks
Chevy trucks
Buick barges
Lincoln sedans
Viper
Wrangler
Militarised Dodges
Militarised Chevys
Ford superduties
F250s
F150s
Lincoln 2-doors
Small performance-oriented hatchbacks

The '90s was the last decade for comfy landbarges.

The last decade for massive V-8 performance sedans with only token safety features.

The last decade for trucks you could repair yourself in a muddy field with basic tools.

The last decade for American performance cars to be made relatively unconstrained by excessive safety features.

The last decade for base-model shitboxes that were actually fun to drive.

Just because you don't like your Grandma's skylark doesn't mean that it isn't among the best cars for a long cross-country trip.

Mfw, Chrysler raped and stole engine tech from Lamborghini in the early 90's to make their shitty Viper and Ram V10's.

They're so easy to destroy.
Obviously you suck at life.

This.
>inb4 automatic only.

Lol
Indeed.
Mfw Mitsubishi-engineered.