2016 Civic Coupe

How is the new 2016 Civic?

Interested in getting one as a coupe with a manual transmission.

Any fun to drive? Worth getting?

Yes, manual.

Get the 4 door, you get more car for less and mechanically it's exactly the same. 2.0L or 1.5 turbo which isn't doing anything to help the car move.

Any model worth owning is CVT only. but nearly 500 miles a fill up so yeah.

Nah not getting a CVT has to been manual

>FWD
>4 cylinder
>coupe

What part of this sounds like fun to you? Are you retarded?

I'm not looking for a sports car just a car that will be decently fun and reliable. none of things you >'d are bad

No. You could get a way faster and better handling car for the same amount used.

>2016
>buying a sedan when you don't have pets or kids
How about no?

>buying a slow cop magnet instead

not him, but if you're gonna pull eyes, may as well make it worth it.

Only teenagers think coupes are cool

They are all bad. No one likes any of those things and they only exist because of poor people

Looks like pure terror for headroom to sit in the back of that thing

How does the sedan get better mpg than the coupe? Is it a transmission gearing thing or is the coupe literally designed so "edgy race fast" that those hideous lines make it less aerodynamic?

this board is shit

FWD is literally fine for a reliable DD. It also snows where i live and I don't want RWD if its my only car

4 cylinders aren't bad either. They make enough power and are great on gas i dont see a problem.

Coupe is just a preference I prefer the look of it and I don't really need the extra space of a sedan.

>inb4 californian claiming you can drive fine on snow with rwd

>civic
>cop magnet
Pick one
Only parents buy sedans
Ye mum m80

When I go see a movie with my friends, one has a 2 door car, I HATE going in and out of the back of 2 door cars. 4 doors is the only way.

I've driven it and I really like it. I know it's a meme that sensible cars and driving is a no no on Veeky Forums but. In the CVT in D plus the Econ button on it uses such little gas on the live readout that it's hard to believe it's staying at speed. And you can do around nearly 1000 km on a single tank. People bitch so much about CVT but holy crap is is smooth like liquid smooth. Sure you can't tow but who the hell tows in a compact Japanese car.

Yes it's slower on Econ but with the price of gas set to double in the next 5 years, especially here in Canada, I want something that saves on fuel. Plus I never even go faster than 80 kph for my daily commune i don't need 300 hp.

You can turn off Econ and put it in S the base revs go way up and with the new very tight steering on the civic it handles amazingly well. They even fixed the issue old 2010-2015 civics had with tiny batteries so they put in a bigger more amps so it can start in -50c.

I going to buy it myself the EX version. There's not point of the EX-T turbo it's just turbo that adds about 15 HP and the collision stop and lane departure gadgets no real drive needs if he's paying attention while driving.

The tech, comfort, really good center console and that it's nearly a full sized car for the price of golf.

You guys buy cars and put all kinds parts in to them, if that's what you want to do sure go for it but for every day car yeah i'll keep it simple and not be a money sink. And even in canadian pricing it's really not expensive.

Stop being fat then
Or drive yourself

if you are going to be a manual fag get the civic SI. otherwise be a normal human being and get the auto.

seconding how smooth the new civics are. I test drove a 2014 civic and then right after test drove the 2016.

the new generation really is that fucking good. it's noticeably a nicer ride than the previous gen. if I wan't a poorfag with no credit I'd buy one

Leave asap! also buy a rwd v8 80s car on your way out fgt

why is Veeky Forums obsessed with old rwd shit boxes?

Too poor for anything remotely decent?

fuck i hate v8

>mechanically it's exactly the same

Not if Honda is to believed when they say it has slightly harder suspension than the sedan. Also it's roughly six inches shorter and looks about a trillion times better.

The two door is already insanely practical, unless you have kids or insist on driving several friends around frequently, there's no reason to get the sedan.

>Any model worth owning is CVT only

They're going to offer the turbo in manual for the 2017 lineup, which is only a month or two from now. People have already spotted 2017 hatches on their way to the US.

Supremely retarded.

Other reasons include:
moving anything
paying for car insurance
Lower base cost
easier resale
Somehow better mpg

Too lazy to verify the wireless are the same, but in the event they are not: comfort and in the event they are: maybe weight balance

>moving anything

The coupe already has a shitload of space with fold down rear seats connecting to the trunk. Anything that won't fit in there isn't going to fit in the sedan either, you'll likely need an SUV or truck at that point.

>paying for car insurance

Virtually no difference.

>Lower base cost

Virtually no difference.

>easier resale

It's a civic, you're not going to have any trouble reselling it at a premium either way.

>Somehow better mpg

I'm getting 45mpg on the highway with the coupe, 1mpg difference in the testing was probably a stroke of luck. It can't be that hard to go from 41.4 to 41.6 depending on several factors.

Pump the brakes there a second

Every coupe has been more expensive than its 4 door version. I just went on the honda site and it's a couple thousand more for every version

Coupes always cost more in insurance because it's driven by speeding/heavy foot morons. I asked for a rate the other week, the guy didn't give a crap if the it was FF or 4WD, Only if it was a coupe or sedan, if the car was red with gender and age.

4 doors always sell better than 2 doors, that's universal for compacts and economy cars. Plus people often take flashy or unique car paint that is not easy for resale at time.

Coupes always have a different shape and often little aero bits and are not as efficient as 4 door cars.

why would you hate the best engine layout?

>it's a couple thousand more

Not even close?

And coupes on average cost more to insure because coupes are more likely to be sport cars with big engines. This is not the case with the Civic coupe and the insurance costs are pretty much the exact same as a result.

Also for what it's worth, the 9th gen coupes sell for more than the 9th gen sedans precisely because there's less of them to go around. I expect the same to happen this time around too.

And as far as effeciency, in the case of the civic coupe and sedan, the difference is so close it's more likely to due to testing differences. A difference of 0.1mpg could account for that difference.

Am I wrong for preferring the look of the sedan to the coupe?

Also, the hatchback is on it's way here. Pic related.

Sedan looks good, but that hatch looks disgusting

Well turns out the Civic is the complete opposite of the Mazda3. That hatch is fucking awful.

That's just an extremely unfortunate angle and picture, it doesn't seem to look anywhere near as bad as that suggests.

looks ugly and bloated

The side profile isn't DISGUSTING, but the rear certainly is

Even if you don't like the rear, at least it looks relatively normal here and here As opposed to where it just looks like some Veeky Forums photoshop crosstour monstrosity.

CTR when?!?!

Fuck America. Nobody wants a basic ass Civic. Give me this one.

Fuck you and your bullshit american prices. You people have no concept of monetary value.

Shut up yuropoor

Just being edgy faggots

no

I'm here forever and you can't do anything to change that

deal with it

Yeah most of Veeky Forums just circlejerks old shitboxes like the foxbody and miata. god forbid you drive something else or even worse FWD

That actually looks pretty good desu

It looks like a Crosstour fucked a terminally ill new honda civic sedan

It's shit and the 2017 model year is the solution.

I’d also test drive the Mazda3. Not as fast, compared to the 1.5L turbo Civic, but the steering and handling are better – it feels more fun, but not as smooth. I also prefer the Mazda’s infotainment system; the Civic’s is too dependent on a touchscreen for my liking. No Mazda3 coupe, though, and it’s louder on rough surfaces. The 2017 Mazda3 is supposed to have more sound deadening, but it will probably still be louder than the Civic.

Honda’s been having trouble with reliability because of CVT issues. If you get a manual, then there’s no difference and both are among the most reliable cars you get.

Or go all out and get a Miata =p. Way more fun, still reliable, and you can still carry a full load of groceries in it. Noise and lack of interior storage space could get to you though.