/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (Kernel, no IOSU)
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Multiplayer has been disabled from Friend List if your firmware is below 11.1. Updating is safe for everyone already running CFW. If you aren't, use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-Nintendo released 11.1, patching Browserhax and Menuhax. Most entrypoints have been updated to work. BootNTR update available.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 or 11.1 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/
-a9lh without downgrading and OTP installation on the New 3DS (up to 9.2) is now possible, currently being tested. gbatemp.net/threads/443187/

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-A new version of Maidump has been released, providing DLC support and better compatibility than older software. www78.zippyshare.com/v/c3GfB0HN/file.html
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>Wii U
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you have a legit copy of SSB. masqchips.github.io/loadiine_gx2/

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/status/781465829376425984
mega.nz/#F!455wEQYS!GsNgHhRFiFdxLQRVj8teBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Pirates finally got God Eater

Does the Smash hack work on 5.5.1? Always assumed only browser/mii maker worked on it.

Posting again.

>Try to install Yokai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls using FBI and Luma3ds
>Failed
>Level: Permanent (27)
>Summary: Invalid argument (7)
>Module: AM (32)
>Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

What the fuck am I doing wrong? It's something obvious isn't it and I'm just being a retard?

Can I still access 3DS homebrew in latest firmware?

Sure.

can I install and use PKG installer on 3.60?

suck a cock

Yes, using Vita IDU. Read up on that tool carefully.

Why don't they use an obfuscation DRM on consoles (something like Denuvo)? If the console gets cracked open it can serve as a second layer of defense - even if you dump the game you still need to modify it to crack it. I think some games actually had custom DRMs back in the PSX/N64 era?

Is EU Fates DLC fixed yet on Freeshop?

Because people reacted well when Microsoft announced the original DRM-filled Xbone.

spyro 3 is probably the most notable game with a custom (and very smart) DRM

Cost of implementation against how few people can pirate.

>tfw not a poorfag who must pirate his games
You mad, piratefags?

It wasn't when you asked in the last thread. Just download the fucking US version you aren't going to Streetpass anyone in your mom's basement anyway.

Didn't that bastard have crazy self referencing checksums?

How the FUCK do I download a big file on MEGA? It keeps telling me to wait 6 hours in the middle of the download.

You'll have to convert to IDU and either use its native Content Downloader (which is the same as Package Installer except it works over HTTP over WiFi so you'll need to host your own server with something like HFS) or overwrite the stub in the flash with the full DEX version of Package Installer and use that with QCMA.

How do I get the Spotpass content on a EU system?

Would anyone be interested in Nidhogg that I got off GazelleGames?
yeah I sure am a poorfag

>How do I get the Spotpass content on a EU system?
Region spoofing.

>only four games
I dunno man...

fake

QCMA works with IDU mode m8.

How do I do that with Luma3DS?

QCMA savedata trick showcased for the disabled

Took a chance on buying a used N3DS from Gamestop.

Came with 11.0.0 firmware and 2 TN screens. FML

>You have to install it on sysNAND as well.
my sysNAND is 9.2 and FBI can't install the .cia on it, just gives an error.

Google.

Is there any way to Region Spoof with Streetpass?

do all the vita games work now?

I apologize, I've been out of homebrewing my 3DS for a while, but it's totally fine to perform a regular system update as long as it's on the emuNand, right?

How would you not check that before you bought it? If the answer is "I bought it online" you're a fucking retard and you deserve it.

>only 4 games
>all of them near-identical sequels to games that have been around for over two decades
lul

still buggy but promisisng

twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/status/781465829376425984

I can buy my shit too but there's no reason to buy it if I can get it for free.

I would have bought God Eater instead of waiting if it had jap audio.

Fuck yourself, Rin, how about that?

I'm still on Luna 5.5

Has anything changed massively since then? Am I ok just copying the new version over or are there some obselete files now?

just switch to a9lh bro

Can anyone dump the eboot + modules from Senran Kagura Bon Appetit using mai?
The Vit2.0 version didn't work with DLC, so I want to see if it works with the new mai.

hyped

Any games which require any firmware above 3.60 don't work

Because they don't exist?

They do exist though. Darkest Dungeon Requires 3.61 apparently and more and more titles seem to be adding a 3.61 requirement.

Darkest Dungeon when?

So my 3DS has Luma and menuhax installed, and today I decided to install a custom theme on my emuNand.
But now that I installed a theme the menuhax refuses to boot when I do the "press L at 3DS boot" procedure, because apparently using themes uninstall the menuhax.
Anyway to switch themes and keep menuhax working?

I'm still able to open emuNand and run my games using the browser but the homebrew launcher menu doesnt open.

switch to a9lh and stop using that emunand bollocks

alternatively, unlink NANDs and you should be able to safely switch emunand theme without bothering menuhax

Does my USB stick have to be in a specific format for the PSTV manual update? I'm getting an error when trying to use NTFS.

>that name
>that avatar
>edgy art online

FATFATFATFATFATFATFAT

I don't care what he's in to if he gets shit working

What's the firmware on the Galaxy Style N3DS?

5.5.1 here. I know very little about this but I assume you're asking if Smash Mode works for launching games. Yes it does. I've been using it to play Color Splash and it works great.

Kind of want to try playing 3D World with Smash Mode because with Mii Maker Mode, the loading times are shit.

What even is the benefit of a9lh? Faster booting? That's all I seem to see on it. Still sitting on some ancient version of rx and seems to work fine even with new games.

God eater 2 undub just finished compiling, will test now to see how much is missing

420.69.0-1337

How do you boot into the HBL/Loadiine through Smash?

weebs make me hard desu

>someone ported Another World to vita
>Another World already has a remastered vita port, that has even been dumped
for what purpose?

You're guaranteed to be safe to any kind of brick, you also free 1GB (or 2 if you have a N3DS) off your SD card since you don't have to store your CFW inside, you won't even have those stupid "the .cia is invalid and cannot be installed" errors and many more things.

Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro PCSG00838 mega.nz/#F!455wEQYS!GsNgHhRFiFdxLQRVj8teBg

>been away from these threads for a while
>OP's image caught my eye so I thought I'd pop in
>people are STILL using rxTools over a9lh

Never change /hbg/, never change

Its instant booting near enough as well as easier upgrading to the latest firmware (its been a while, that may be wrong)

If you havent made the change now though I doubt I can say anything to convince you. Its just better, if you just pop on to play a few games every now and then I dont suppose you'd care though

Will a system transfer from a hacked O3DS to a non-hacked N3DS transfer a9lh and Luma so that both consoles have cfw?

Fuck no.

Guess I have to go buy smash bros or something then. Thanks

Looks like Kancolle Kai's first alpha patch is out.

meiQ WHEN

>River City Ransom TR still not dumped

Why?

>mfw EOP

It's shit user. Don't bother

Thanks a lot user

Who's working on Resurrection? I want to help

Instant booting sounds pretty good, probably make the switch this weekend since currently takes at least 30 seconds to boot which is fucking awful.

Only reason I'm still using rxTools is that I haven't touched my 3ds in a while and a9lh was being worked on when I last messed with it.

Does Nana have a cute tomboy voice in GE2 JP?

No one, I abandoned it. You can find the shit I did on it on wololo

Do I need the original cart/ game to update an old dump eboot?

Bad dump. Or use a different cia installer.

Working Project Diva F / F2nd DLC when?

Will this game ever come out in the West? Guess not.

nope

>CFW my 3DS on a whim because f Fire Emblem IF and only having a week left to do so without risking downgrading problems
>Successfully do it and end up not even playing FE: IF for months on end
>3DS gets shelfed
>Come back months later
>a new and better CFW comes out that probably entails completely removing the emunand in order to put on the 3DS, and THEN putting a9lh in

How does it works actually? If the dumped eboot is broken by design then how do you fix it without knowing what the original structure is like?

The original Underwater Ray Romano did IIRC.

No

Really? Oh yes, I think there's an all ages version in the West. Well there's still hope I guess.

What's the easiest way of moving from rxTools over to a9lh ?

Really wanna keep my saves.

Also, should i start with GE:resurrection or just start with the second one ?

fucking play it already. i play my 3ds everyday

atleast you have Mother 1+2+3.

Because mai keeps the original eboot in the mai_moe folder when dumping
Hence why it's called eboot_origin.bin

This is assuming you use maidumper. you can't do it with vitamin because vitamin doesn't work like that.

Fuck, I need that in my life.
But real talk, this guy has a point, how do I do this?

Just follow Plailect's guide.

If you have a N3DS wait for it to be updated with the 2.1-less method.

GOD EATER UPDATE WHEN

What do I do if I want to switch to an SD card that has more capacity on my N3DS? do I just copy and paste all the contents of my old SD card to the new one

Are there some kind of bootleg Vita memorycards yet? I'm sure as hell not going to pay 100 bucks for a 64gb card.

To learn.
To show it can be done.

On a9lh, yeah.