BMW's 70 thousand dollar flagship performance car

>BMW's 70 thousand dollar flagship performance car
>beaten by a fwd riced out shitbox

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2009/09/20/report-nissan-gt-r-class-action-suit-over-transmission-failures/
gtrfails.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=hIqbm0Dzzv0
youtube.com/watch?v=sN_iM46p8PI
youtube.com/watch?v=YfBqKpl2IwY&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same reason this is allowed

I'm not even trying to start an argument over muh JAP VS EUROPOOR OR BURGER

I genuinely don't understand how a multi million dollar hybrid track car, made by a company like porch, is doing about as well or worst than a 100k dollar American 'sports' car with a unstressed ass overweight pushrod V10 naturally aspirated.

I don't understand why Europeen cars are so expensive.

Same with the GTR btw, they own the nu-whatever that rink is, the one the Corvette vs GTR shitposter is always on about, GTR is like what 150 thousand? Long story short, it's not a multi million dollar car.

Maybe it's just expensive to make cars in Europe.

The GTR is 40k more and doesn't explode.

Because BMW weren't really trying at all with the M4. The car was just a way to make idiots who buy BMW cars to pay more for mediocre performance.

>muhh civic is an economy car! It doesn't belong on a track!
>FF c-can't compete!
>t-t-track times don't matter if my car loses!
Damage control

In Ferrari's/Porche's/McLaren's defense, I would say it's because they were focused on bringing in hybrid technology to super cars. I assume that costs more. They're getting a head start on more demanding regulations. That said, the NSX is manages to bring some of that super car hybrid technology at a far lower price.

FWD has never won lemans or set a sub 7:00 minute ring time.

neither does 99% of z06s

Perhaps because 99% of corvettes are garage queens owned by 80 year old men.

And it needs twin turbos slapped on to only make it 2 seconds faster. That's disgraceful. It's fucking embarrassing is what it is.

i could say the same thing about nearly all performance cars, doesnt really change anything

thats not a nissan, thats just powered by it

You have never won an actual race in your life

>lap two turbos
>overheat even faster

>Immediatly goes to arguing about GM vs Nissan vs Whatever else vs Ecoboost vs CIVICs

trash, /mlp/ and diy all have better car discussions, just delete this board already.

>shitposting thread turned into shitposting
c'mon now son

Assmad GM fangirl spotted

Is this whole board shitposting? It's been a whole week since someone posted asking a legitimate automotive question.

I'm just a starving mechanic trying to help people with automotive problems.

Don't put autotragic cars from neutral to drive while it's moving fast.

>OMG guys there's no intelligent discussion! I've read all the bait threads and all I see are shitposts!

>caring about lap times set by people you'll never know in cars you'll never own on tracks you'll never be on

It's more than just a performance car, it has some thought put into its design and quality put into its interior.

The Civic is only aimed at go fast.

The corvette is supercharged jackass.

>that's not a nissan, that's just powered by it
heuagheuheuagheugahueheuh

Can confirm my grandpa is in his late 70s,owns a corvette, and rarely drives it

There are very few functional performance sports cars.

performance cars lack trunk space, or trunks all together, are expensive to feed and maintain, and people touch them if you bring them out.

You gotta wait for sports cars to get old before you can finally DD it because something hotter is out and people won't be asking you questions all day.

Unless you consider the Dodge Charger SRT hellcat. That thing has so much legroom and trunk space, it's a good car. And it beats the Buggati veyron around the figure 8, though that's hardly impressive since the Ford mustang can do it.

The hellcat charger is one of the few factory sleepers. I just wish it came in manual.

The acr has no chance of keeping up with a 918 on the track
All those lap times are biased. The 918s times were set by reviewers doing a few hot laps. The vipers times are the results of countless 100% attempts at getting the fastest possible time.
Just look how faster the 918 is than the non road legal race car spec viper at the ring.

nips have always been better

1000 times folded steel

I'm not even trying to shitpost but:
>Damage control

Unless you have a shred of evidence to back this up?

I watched and read the reviews for each of those cars at those tracks
Like I said, a few review hot laps vs manufacturer/review team trying to set records

The guy who set nearly all the lap times in the ACR is a engineer for SRT. (besides Pobst doing Laguna Seca)

>autoblog.com/2009/09/20/report-nissan-gt-r-class-action-suit-over-transmission-failures/
oops
>gtrfails.com/

Right, i understand these claims. But where is the evidence?

>The guy who set nearly all the lap times in the ACR is a engineer for SRT
Is that a problem? I assume he was also a competent driver.

youtube.com/watch?v=hIqbm0Dzzv0
youtube.com/watch?v=sN_iM46p8PI
there are other lap times you can look up also

So are the lap times and records discredited by whoever is the international party that judges this (assuming there is one) or are you against commercializing success?

and why would the lap times be discredited if there is physical proof of them being set?

So there's no real problem here? And the viper did set the records?

I thought there was a problem with the claimed records as suggested by this post: He claims the times are biased, so i assumed there was a problem.

Nah, just a different user saying some dumb shit that he cant back up. Randy Pobst drove both cars at Laguna Seca and the ACR was faster than 918.

Alright, that's all that matters to me.

I really don't see why people would dislike a car just because of it's origins. Vipers are cool vehicles, and so are 918s.

see, now we're getting somewhere.

the CSL is not only faster than the M3 after it, but the one TWO generations after it.

CSL is god-tier

>2009
Hard launching 20 times in a row
Hurr durr my tranny broke

>can't match the advertised performance figures without voiding the warranty
nissan cucks will defend this

> corvette can't even reach advertised performance figures because the ecu goes into limp mode while idling in a parking lot
Roflmao

Gm fangirls btfo

Maybe it's the weight?

Those are almost similar. The new M3 is 250lbs fatter.

Who knows. With the traction control turned off, both M3's are still on the same mcpherson front suspension, trailing arm-rear setup right? I'm assuming both have similar weight ratios as well.

You've never done either, and yet here you are.

plzkys

Nice damage control

The weebmobile was probably playing eurobeat while running the course. Makes you faster.

Do track times ever actually matter to someone buying a car?

U mad bro?!

Because apparently that ricebox is fast as shit around the track, i can respect that.
Still would take the BMW instead because BMW and I reckon it's more luxurious than the Civic. The Civic would probably be nice to give a spin round the track, but I wouldn't like to own one.

But FF literally can not compete
The Civic is the slowest of all modern hatchbacks and it's even slower than the cheapest BMW M car ever
youtube.com/watch?v=YfBqKpl2IwY&app=desktop

>outperformed by a 13 year old bimmer based on a 18 year old chassis

Bump

>not understanding the relationship between time differences and track length
Yea, that sure was a shamefur dispray. Better seppuku now faggot.

Dy7dvrh

damn that is some nice power from both of those. havent kept up with new releases in a while

I work in a parts department at a Nissan dealer. Trannys, bell housings and driveshafts are very very common. I've seen GTRs with not even a couple thousand miles gets trannys swapped.

Nissan won't sell any internal components or gaskets for the GTR transmissions, even if you have a tiny oil leak from the trans, the dealer is instructed to swap out the tranny.