Do Indians/South Asians have anything to be proud of? What achievements are distinctly 'Indian'?

Do Indians/South Asians have anything to be proud of? What achievements are distinctly 'Indian'?

The only 'history' they have surrounds relations with foreign people and appropriating other culture's histories as their own (Arabs Brits Greeks)
Do they truly deserve to remain an underclass in history or is there actually some substance to the we wuz kangs narrative?

I'm a Ukrainian-American but I've never heard of Indians contributing to history at all

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_mathematics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They invented the number system we use

They invented the race we are

>arabs

Wut?

It depends on whether you want to be eurocentric or not

>I'm a Ukrainian
>but I've never heard of Indians contributing to history at all
Jesus Christ I'm not curry but you're the last person on Earth to be saying that considering Ukranians didn't even develop THEIR OWN LANGUAGE until their Russian superiors came by and colonised them. Literally subsaharan tier.

To answer your question idk about India.

Elaborate pls user

rude

You points make no sense Ukrainian is a language in its own right and what is "sub-Saharan" about what you said?

They reached philosophical idealism way before Kant

Why don't you read some Wiki articles instead of asking such a broad question? Indians had many great scientists, leaders, philosophers, and so forth. Ofc, they have their problems too, like every country.

Whoops. I meant that Ukaranians had no written language whatsoever before the Russians gave them one.

>and what is "sub-Saharan"
Bottom tier platform

Lots of maths and shit.

But their biggest contribution is indirect. You all know why American natives are called Indians. But why do you think Columbus was looking for India? Because he wanted better trade with a rich country full of expensive exports. The trade with the east is what made the west.

Regardless South Asia has many achievements, has had many empires, and is full of monuments, temples, has a rich cultural history, and all the rest. Contributions to the world aren't necessarily a marker of being great. For one, even amongst the nations that did contribute the most, the UK and USA, there was no actual group of people sat around saying "Lets make the world better", It was just capitalists trying to get rich by inventing a new device everyone would want, the patent system helped, the free market helped, the liberal religious views helped.

Everything in history is and isn't coincidence all at the same time.

They invented chess

Nothing. The number system was created by arabs. Chess is from Armenia. Calculus which is supposedly created by indians was created by englishmen. India's greatest contribution was its spices and trade routes that linked asia together. Also gave incentive for Columbus to sail across the atlantic and discover a new continent which provided the europeans with enough resources to conquer the world.

Are you retarded?

>Indus valley civilization

on of the most advanced civilizations of its time, as old as 2500 bc but probably even older.

City planning, functioning toilets, sewers.

>naval trade

That alone achieved indipendently is much more than any celtic retard has ever accomplished before being ass raped and civilized by Romans

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_mathematics

>Indian mathematics emerged in the Indian subcontinent[1] from 1200 BCE[2]

Meanwhile Germanic or proto Celtic cucks were in literal mud/wood huts at best screaming naked through the forest.

But we wuz cool snownigger warriors n shit?

and the russians didn't have an alphabet until they borrowed from bulgarian
and the bulgarians didnt have one until they took some greek letters and changed them a bit, added new ones
and the greeks didnt have one until they took some phoenician letters and changed them a bit, added new ones
and i dont really know

Myceneans and Minoans had their own writing systems

>Buddhism
>India is one of the three civilizations that independently developed philosophy (the other two are Greece and China)
>their own writing system
>a bunch of ancient writings on philosophy, religion etc.
>some of the best metal working techniques in History
>the numerical system we use today

As far as civilizations go, India achieved quite a lot, cetrainly more than Slavs for example.

>Chess is from Armenia.
t. Aram Krikorian