Ok

loving every laugh

>2.4L k20?
You mean a K24?

>2.4L K20
>2.4L
>K20

yes sir

I love and hate the Honda CR-Z at the same time. It would've been SO easy to not fuck it up, but they managed to fuck it up

Before I go into what's wrong, let's look at what went right. The CR-Z was supposed to be a retro-modern successor to the original CR-X. Great idea. They also got the looks right. It's beautiful. It looks like a modern CR-X. They even got the size right.

Not what went wrong? Everything else.
First, the platform. They used the Honda Fit platform. They could have made this work, but the suspension in the CR-Z has no changes from the Fit making it incredibly dull to drive. What they SHOULD'VE done if they were going to pull that was to shorten the platform of an eighth gen Honda Civic instead. The original CR-X was based on the Civic so that's fit too.
The other glaring problem is the drivetrain. As I said, they could've made the Fit platform work, but didn't bother. Instead they attached an electric motor to the Fit's engine, called it a hybrid, and marketed it as sporty. Fuck that. It was ruined. It doesn't get the fuel economy of the original, and it's nowhere near as fun as the original. What they should've done was use the K20 drivetrain from the 8th gen Civic Si, and then the 9th gen K24 drivetrain with a 2013 refresh.

It was so easy not to fuck up... and they fucked it up.

All they needed to do was put in an l or r series engine and it would have sold like hot cakes.

But no, it had to be hybrid and thus it becomes one of the worst blunders of honda history.

agreed, if the CRZ would have come with a k20, or even a k24 it would have sold TREMENDOUSLY well.

Why the hell does honda think this would actually sell!?

I think they could have marketed it as the spiritual successor to the CRX HF and done well, if it wasn't for the fact that its gas mileage is complete ass.

It does have an L-series engine you retard.

this is great

All I want in life is a new n/a honda coupe that isn't a barge like the civic

They didn't care if it sold or not, they only did it to keep their CAFE average up

The CRZ is starting to look better than the civic
This is what a civic is supposed to look like, not some bloated sedan. The last good looking 4 door civic was 6th gen, MAYBE 7th gen.

They should of done like they did with the original CRX and make both an eco version and performance version

Why can't Honda just make a compact RMR sports car to plop their K24s and K20s into? They've already done 80% of the work.

because retards will kill themselves and blame honda.
lawsuits over dead people don't make good publicity

Too bad it doesn't even make 100 hp

Auto manufactures are not responsible for someone killing themselves hooning