20k Truck

Hello/o/
I'm moving to western MA this fall. Right now I drive a 2013 Elantra GT...which cannot drive in snow for shit. I'd like to scale back to something simpler, looking mostly at trucks but I'm open to options.

I figure I can budget a 20k price range. Are Subarus really good or worth it? What I'm mostly looking at now are just basic plain Jane trucks with a manual transition, 2 doors, 4wd. Etc. I like the highlanders, but they might be a little wussy.

>fwd
Yes it the fuck can

>scale back to something simpler
to a
>20k price range
implying you owe >20k on a 3 year old shitbox
>looking mostly at trucks
>I like the highlanders
10/10 b8, lets see how this gamble plays out.

Trucks are bad on the snow because they have no weight on the back. Unless you plan to at least have 500 pounds of rocks or something in the bed for winter. I don't feel like Subarus are worth it but the awd is a retard saver, but everything else is boring and anemic. Remember awd doesn't help with stopping at all.

>.which cannot drive in snow for shit.

No, its you who cannot drive for shit.

>Car can't drive in snow.

No YOU can't drive in snow worth a shit. Fucking turn in your drivers license the truck isn't going to help.

You really can't go wrong with a truck, even plane Jane base models. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I appreciate my shittruck more than any of the shitboxes I've owned. As for snow, just throw a few sandbags in the bed and you'll be good.

Gas mileage is gonna rape you tho.

Do you guys know what mountains are? These are downtown hills at stop signs with a light dusting, these are remote roads with loose stone and two feet of snow.
I have a fully loaded car which listed at 26k. I didn't pay that, though, because I'm not a faggot. 20k is modest for a truck, comparing to a new-gen Tahoe at ~36-40k. If you think 20k is a lot on a vehicle, then I'm sorry for you that you only know Civics and stanced Pontiacs. That you bought after saving up enough cashed dive-bar fry cook paychecks.

Git gud faggot. And get snow tires.

I do. I live in Colorado. We have real mountains unlike Massachusetts and I drive a fairly low (5-6" clearance) fwd car all year. I've gotten it stuck once. Once... ONCE! I got it out without a tow too. Learn to drive.

>ask for input on future vehicle investment
>get told to buy snow tires

Thanks, Veeky Forums.

I don't have snow tires. Snow tires are for pussys.

>all terrains all the waaaaay

This guy gets it.

I'll take that elantra GT off your hands...

>newish vehicle (under 50k)
>investment
Pick one

> Can't drive a FWD car in the snow successfully
> Better buy a truck! RWD with no weight over the drive wheels will solve my issue!
> Or maybe an SUV! I won't slide anywhere in that shit!
> I'll just press the 4x4 button and I'll be fine! It'll turn and stop perfectly.

Seriously, OP. What the fuck, man. You can tell is if you're a woman.

grow a fucking pair, and run Max Performance Summer tires in the winter.

Welcome to the shit hole that is new England roads. I'm sorry for your loss

>I'm not a faggot!
>drives an elantra

See
New England has notoriously ball-twisting bad winters. The roads just become ice. "Muh ELITE FWD DRIVING SKILLZ" will just have you spinning in circles downhill like a sperg. You NEED 4x4 or a car that has some serious grip. Little 4inch wheels, studded or not, are NOT going to handle the weather. There's storms specific to the region (NorEasters) with weather patterns that don't occur anywhere else.
You are all pansies that think you can drive "in da mountins" because you live in Denver and borrowed your uncles Saturn once.
I have driven here my whole life im either FWD or RWD daily drivers with a beater 4x4 on and off (Jeeps, man) -- I am fully capable of driving under most all conditions. But the New England mountains are fucking something else. Sorry I asked any of you for your opinions, I'll just go buy a Passat and stick truck balls on it and make a hundred posts about how "I'm proud of my shitbox idk"

i get well over 2 feet of LAKE EFFECT (read that as the hardest harshest snowstorms) yearly and have never had issues with any FWD car so long as it had a good set of winter tires on it

also i did this on my TC

dont do this.....

>keep brining up snow tires in a thread about how AWD cars handle ice on under-developed roads

K buddy