How to switch out electric p/s for manual steering

How to switch out electric p/s for manual steering

Was your car offered with manual steering?

What did I just say

>How to switch out electric p/s for manual steering
This is what you said.
Which doesnt answer my question, dick

remove the fuse for power steering.

It needs more than that user

drain the power steering and headlight fluid.

Fuck off dude.

He was trying to help. Way to be a dickhead.

What you want to do is find a stock manual steering rack offered for your car. Jack up your car really high, set one end of the rack on the ground and shove the other end as far up your asshole as you can manage.

Cunt.

It never came with manual steering. Why are you being so mean?
I didn't do anything

>It never came with manual steering
Then you could have said this
How the fuck do we know? You didnt post make or model.

Stop being mean. Stop fighting.

go catch zika or something corey

I just want to know how to switch out electric p/s for manual steering.

Look I'll try to be nice.

If you post what make and model we might be able to tell you of a compatible manual rack from a similar car.

On older systems you can sometimes "de power" the rack by removing the ps pump, all the lines, draining the rack, removing some of the internal bits and plugging up all the ports, however this is not ideal and not always possible.

I'll chalk this up to bad communication skills.

I can't post make and model because it doesn't exist yet

This is a fun thread.

Please stop feeding him replies.

u fucking wot?

This kid is dumber than a sack of hammers.

corey has truly mastered the art of pretending to be retarded

Guys I really don't want to expand on it
But it'll be a modern car, most likely having electric p/s
how would you switch it for manual if there's no option?

remove fuse or power supply lead

There is way more to it than that. Be serious

m8, lets calm down now. you cant just swap out electric power steering for hydraulic (the old fashioned one) you can be a nig and just disconnect a fuse, the electric motor or cut a wire or some shit. this will piss of the electrics, and you are going to get warning lights and so on. in that case, you will have no power steering

also, why the fuck would you want to do this? also, we cnt do shit to help you unless we know what car it is

I wouldn't bother, that's what I'd do. If the parts don't exist the parts don't exist.

you can remove the entire motor and fit some kinda block off plate if you just like to do things the hard way for no reason

I dont want hydraulic I want manual steering.
I want it. Its a light weight sports car. I want road feel

That's not the hard way that sounds like the right way.

U high user?

you mean no power steering?

and if you want light sports car, just buy a used miata or a Z4 or something you absolute double nigger

>It's a light weight sports car
WHICH
ONE

Is this not a place to discuss cars and modifying cars?

It's called manual steering
It doesn't exist yet.

There is no right way. The right way is swapping the parts in from one that came that way.

What about modifying a manual steering rack to fit inside the car get work?

But what car user?
>I can't post make and model because it doesn't exist yet
Huuur duuuuurrr

alright, until this guy sobers up, i'll dump my bait folder

Again I can't expand on it. If you don't know how to do it then don't comment.

>If you don't know how to do it then don't comment.
you should take your own advice and permanently stfu corey

I am sober. Please stop ruining my thread.

I came here for help. I need advice on this. I don't understand why it's so hard for you to understand.

sure, as soon as you tell us what god damn car you have. and if you say "it doesnt exist" then fucking no one can tell you, and your thread is retarded

Why do you need the exact car? I literally can't talk about it. It doesn't exist.
There is a theory to this and I am asking the theory so I can apply it to this car.

>Shhh
Must be a secret car.
Very top secret.

Running out of dog pictures.

Please stop being mean. Please. If you knew what I knew you'd ask the same question.

and your theory, despite it being retarded is LITERALLY just disconnect the fuse

but you seem to enjoy being retarded

Again. Anyone who has worked on cars would disagree with you. There is way more to it than that. Just disabling a system is not what you want.

being secretive and not giving away information is a vital attribute to anyone who aspires to be a top fwd wangan racer with the mid night racing club

anyone working on cars would appreciate to know what car they they are working on, because no 2 systems are the same

Come on I don't care about that stuff. This isn't a troll thread. I just want help on this one thing and then the thread goes away.
Why do systems matter if you're removing it? I don't need to know how to code to rip out a computer.

do you think removing the engine of a Kirov class battlecruiser is the same as removing the engine of a tugboat? besides, you cant just remove the powersteering

WHAT CAR IS IT!?

this

That's not what I'm asking for though. I just need the steps.

How do you convert an electric power steering car to have manual steering.
I don't need exact details on removing the computer and which part I need to undo with what wrench

WHAT DO YOU EVEN MEAN WITH MANUAL STEERING? DO YOU MEAN NO POWER STEERING? BECAUSE THAT IS NOT CALLED MANUAL STEERING. ALL STEERING ARE MANUALS UNLESS YOU ARE IN A TAXI, IN WHICH CASE ITS OPERATED MY A WAGEKEK

Manual steering is manual steering.It's a proper actual term.

>i want help
>i also act like a spoiled brat

more fishes for you

How am I spoiled? I'm just politely asking for help. How do I do this. You respond with ad hominem .

i ask you:
>does manual steering mean no power steering

and you reply with

>REEEEEE NO MANUAL STEERING IS A REAL TERM

Huh? It is though. I don't understand you.
Manual steering involves a lack of power steering but it is not the same as no power steering.

>Mfw this fucking thread
Do you think the steering rack in a Civic Type R is gonna be anywhere near the same as a Buick Roadmaster or Ariel Atom? Fuck off, if you can't even mention the manufacturer then there's no point. Steering rack design is proprietary, it's like asking for software help and not specifying the fucking OS. If you refuse to tell me if you're on Windows or OSX I can't fucking help you m8

>Manual steering involves a lack of power steering but it is not the same as no power steering

nigger what

WHAT BLOODY CAR IS IT!!!!!!!111!!!!

I'm inventing my own car why is this so hard to imagine

STOP RESPONDING YOU FUCKING IDIOTS THIS IS A COREY THREAD

Does it really matter though? t the end of the day you pick a manual rack of roughly the right size and MAKE IT FIT.

There is a way to put steering rack into the car though, yes?
Yes this is correct.
I can't.
This isn't me.

Stick to one of these mate.

What is the insult for? I just want to know how to do this.

Bruh it has manual steering.
Why moan?

>Veeky Forums gets mad because they genuinely don't know the answer
and you're actually retarded
fucking google it

OP go to a real car forum

It may or may not be possible depending on the model of your car

you actually had one or two helpful replies but obviously you're going to keep pretending to be retarded as we love the bait

Please stop this.

Where are the helpful replies?
Can anyone link to a project like this?
I believe Project Binky is similar.
You'd just remove the steering ECU, remove steering rack and basically everything related. Then have to modify a manual steering rack and slot it in, correct?

>guys, i want quad LS swap my Raketa hydrofoil riverboat, but i don't know where the chemlight batteries are, please help?

Did you mean to make a new thread?

Just behind the 3rd bulkhead.
Slightly underneath the thrust reverser.

Is this it?

yeah sound like you've got it sussed.
good luck with your project!

This is the best thread I've seen in a while.

Please come on.
You people are going to regret your actions in the coming months when it hits America.

Hits America like this?
Plz no

sounds like you're threatening us national security, is that right user? do i need to report you?

It's literally the car you've been begging for for years. It's ridiculous you people are being like this.
You'll see.

Please screen-cap all this magic.

for what?
like what the fuck would the joke be
jesus christ am i on /b/

You rip out all the old steering, put in a completely revised and custom front suspension and axels along with possibly cutting into and modifying the chassis and then run the steering column to the compartment by cutting through the chassis.

Anything is possible, it's probability just depends on your abilities. If you were good enough you could put a manual steering rack in a Tesla. But it might cost you more than the value of the car itself just in development.

What? That's insane. How does that work?

Remove the rack, take it apart. Depower it, load it with grease, put it back together. Huzzuh, no more power steering. Take off the electric motor too obv