Bored with car

Anyone else getting bored with their vehicles? I have an LS2 GTO and a Wrangler JK and have been bored with them lately. The wrangler is my DD, it's whatever. But the GTO just doesn't seem fast anymore. I thought it was so much fun when I got it, but now it's kinda faded and is getting a little boring. Anyone else feeling this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hp_eyUush7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no because i concentrated on making sure my car is fun not fast

This. Fast does not equal fun. The RWD V8 meme is just that. A meme. try driving a Taurus SHO or a Lumina Z34 sometime. Sleepers are maximum fun, if only because they're total fucking trolls.

>tfw I had more fun in a first generation turbo mx-6 than my miata and v8 stang

>FWD
>SOHC
>145hp

The thing with fast cars is you'll always be chasing speed. What once seemed fast (and will still seem fast to poor plebs) becomes the norm and you find yourself bored. Have you done anything to it? The only cure for the need for speed is just that. More speed more power

it's a lot of fun, mine is pretty light. and that power is pretty underrated (and can get higher without much effort)

No, it's completely stock with the exception of an X pipe and different mufflers. I've looked at superchargers but they run about $8,000 and that's a little steep right now. I've thought about headers and a cam but I'm not sure if I'll really get that much performance out of it.

Fun isn't measured in stats or on paper user. The most fun to drive car I have ever had the pleasure of driving was a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. I just COULD NOT stop giggling.
FWD vs RWD has no place when you're measuring fun.

OP here. I kind of agree. My first car was a 96 GTI and I had more fun with that at 16 on windy back roads than I have with my GTO now

>bought first car
>manual v6 sn95 memestang
>won a few races, lost a lot
>had more fun than I remember
>sell v6 memestang, move on with life, own fun cars
>am now 35
>just sold my Z06 (last gen, not current) because I was bored with it
>bought Z32 TT
>am losing races again
>am doing more than highway pulls again
>am having as much fun as I was when I started

I dunno, it just seems at a certain threshold it's just not fun anymore.
The Z06 could outpace almost anything I saw
This Z32 is like a wailing baby in comparison, yet people are infinitely more willing to pull and have fun as opposed to just a few miles at 140~ on the interstate.

>thinks RWD V8 cars are a meme
>proceeds to list FF shit boxes

>thinks speed = fun
enjoy your Crown Victoria

OP here, I feel exactly the same way. I have been looking at trading both my vehicles in (I know, probably my stupid decision) for something nice and practical that can also be fun, like an audi allroad or something. All I do with the GTO is pulls on the highway or break the ass end loose around corners.

Big Audis aren't very inspiring to drive, and the Allroad is hideously unreliable to boot.

>like an audi allroad
no. You will regret that decision. It's one of the most unreliable cars ever built.

Damn, I didn't know anything about them besides them looking sexy

Get a Volvo XC70 if you want a lifted AWD wagon with bigger plastic bumpers.

Fact: an Integra Type R is more fun to drive (for the average car enthusiast) than anything else listed in this thread so far.

My current car is RWD but the point is that it has no direct bearing on being fun or not.

To put it in perspective, the reliability scale generally rangers from Audi Allroad to Toyota Corolla.

why not a Subaru Legacy Outback? can use the Impreza aftermarket.

>owns RWD
>shills for FWD
dude why
you already have the dream

because RWD vs FWD has no bearing on fun. Fun is not something you can measure for a dick waving contest.

Or one of those, definitely nice. You trade the option of 5 cylinders for boxer rumble, so that comes down to personal preference.

Please stop feeding him (you)s.

I believe you but I can guarantee you the type r would be even funner rwd.

Don't you fear the same will happen again? Like you get a smaller more nimbler car. Isn't driving that gonna give you the joy you initially got driving the gto? You'll miss the speed

>dat boxer rumble
mmmmm....
youtube.com/watch?v=hp_eyUush7c

That one has an EJ25 from an STi.

Possibly. I've always wondered this.

I'm also curious about driving a FWD Miata. It would probably be like a smaller Protege. In other words, awesome.

No. I made sure to buy a car I wouldn't get bored of.
Maybe you should stop impulse-buying?
Or leave America so you get access to the european car market,

I do worry about that. Maybe I just don't like cars anymore.

I've owned both a rwd sedan with a 280 hp v8 with an auto and a fwd coupe with a 197 hp i4 and a 5 speed. Both had really good handling. My favorite car to drive has been by far the latter, despite being a fair bit slower.

My advice? Find a car with no driver aids apart from (optionally) abs, cable throttle, hydraulic or manual steering, and make sure to get a manual, obviously. Also go for a car that is light. The primary difference between the two cars above other than drivetrain was weight, my i4 coupe is 2950 lbs while my sedan was 3690 lbs. Driving fun comes from a connection to the road, and anything that numbs that ruins fun faster than raw speed can make it up.

>light is good
>simple is good

This is universally true among almost all car guys, and yet Veeky Forums shits on prime examples of this like the Miata, 90s Hondas and the like because they're slow.

Nope had the same car for 5 years or so now. Sine my first one I've bought 2 others. Yeah it only has 140hp (stock) but they are an absolute blast to drive and I've loved ever second I get in the car. I've driven on a consistent basis cars with well over 400hp (perks of working at a shop) but I will always come back to my car because its the best car and I can drive it 100% everywhere I go,

BWAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHA