/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #426

"Proper Max-Carrying" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings ("Why not both?"):
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11166372 (Last chance to vote!)
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtu.be/dZSDnq9lgx0?t=133
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11332988
youtube.com/watch?v=68I3j2luW64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for WARREN

How's your folding doing /lis/? I lost a hard drive so mine is woefully bare.

It's based on the Spectra, or so I was told.

>I actually feel like the butterfly in the bay ending is telling Max she can do it all over again. Butterfly came the first time round for you to save Chloe, second time round comes to tell you to do it again. Does that make sense?
Well, it could make sense I guess? It's a possible way to interpret the butterfly showing up again, but I can't really see that it had been intended as such. That said, Max still has her photo, and I am convinced she would go back - regardless of the butterfly showing up or not.

Mine's 2big4me. And yet I'm still collecting.

>>It's based on the Spectra, or so I was told.
yeah I read that too but the spectra pops open like a clam, William's one doesn't. William's cam is one of the most aesthetic cameras I've ever seen I would love to own it. Same with Max's one.

>Mine's 2big4me. And yet I'm still collecting.
Just how big is it?

How did this general survive this long.

This just shows you how great the game is.

gtfo spammer

>spectra pops open like a clam, William's one doesn't.
Yeah, they are not replicas and I guess it'd have been inconvenient to have interactions like that with the camera - Max's camera is based on the JobPro and that one folds shut as well, which we don't see the in-game version do I don't think. But I have no idea whether it could be another model for William's. Seems close enough to me.

>Just how big is it?
~15GB. Data-wise that's fine, but going through thousands upon thousands of pictures when you search for something you don't remember useful specifics of...

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.Shes only doe.She isn't or butterfly or bluejay.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

I thought you killed yourself tripfag. TheRealWarren

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I wanna see Chloe bully Kate.

Max is #1.

We know, Chloe.

Time to sleep.

Kate is not #1.

It's eh.

>why this game still has general? srsly what are you even talking about
>how did this general survive this long
due to the fact from the donkey's dick

>which we don't see the in-game version do I don't think
I am very disappointed in you user.
youtu.be/dZSDnq9lgx0?t=133
Also for me it's not close enough because I would LOVE to own William's camera.

>~15GB. Data-wise that's fine, but going through thousands upon thousands of pictures when you search for something you don't remember useful specifics of...

I'm organising as I go so I can find stuff but I didn't organise at the start so now I'm kicking myself about the general part of my folder, it's just a mess. I need to go in and put things in their place.. How many things do you have in that folder?

>51,9 GB

Reminder that if the game has caused any sort of trauma to you that we are here to help and if you need more severe help and if you need to talk to someone then you can visit

www.lifeisstrange.com/talk

Good luck to you and we are always here if you need us. There is no shame in admitting your pain, remember Kate having someone to talk to saved her life too.

Life and love. Everything feels hopeless, anyone else feel the same now after this game?

VOTE!

strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332383

strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11332384

>Max's hacking votes for Chloe
>Chloe's hacking votes for Max
>Kate's hacking votes for Max & Chloe
>Alice's hacking votes for Kate
>Victoria's hacking votes for herself

>Victoria
>main girl

>Lisa
>supporting

>Max's hacking votes for Chloe
someone calm Max down...

Vicky just wants to be loved too.

>MCF
Shit...

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

>Kate isn't winning

What's this bullshit.

Sorry Kate.

>Kate isn't winning
Don't see what the problem is.

>friendly reminder that you will never know what the VA cast truly believes because michel stands behind them in every interview

>Hannah plays the game without Michel
>She doesn't like Warryn at all

thanks to based nik and dayeanna, she finally gets it.

Do you think Dayeanne will be in the Episode 4 stream? I'm wondering if she'd comment on the "cutie-pie" line.

Dayeanne and Nik probably will laugh with their ass off at Kate's comment.
As for Hannah, she may feel sorry for him at first (just like she feels about everyone) but then she'll just look at screen with stoned face since she started to doesn't care about anything about Mychel's self-insert.

>cutie pie line comes up
>based nik pulls out a hip flask and starts drinking heavily in the middle of the stream
>hannah grabs it off him, takes a swig herself, then chooses no boys response

this would be the optimum scenario

They're gonna need several bottles of whiskey for episode 5.

HEROES

=kek

strawpoll.me/11332988

>tfw chose all of them

Tweet this to Michel

lol. yeah do it we've bullied him enough

Michel bullied us by having his profile picture show Max and Warryn kissing.

Don't forget that he also tweeted #Jefferfield after doing that.
and changed it immediately

Has anyone developed an interest in photography from the game?

I'm actually taking a course.

There was some other user that posted a few weeks back that they were taking photography classes due to LiS.

Good morning.

Morning user

Hi!

Fucking creeper.

very pretty.

Max is cute!

Chloe for main girl.
Stella for supporting.

I was kind of torn though, heavily considered picking Joyce for best support. But I would pick her in a poll for "strongest girl". Chloe may get her adorkableness from William, but she got her toughness from Joyce.

>You will never help Kate set the tongue record.

;_;

She is!

You just can't trust her Anons...she might look sweet, she might look cuddly; but don't be fooled.

CUTE!

Doe and Jay for a change.

"Seems close enough" in the sense that I genuinely think that's what they modeled the camera after and it being the closest you will ever get. But again, that's what I heard and seems sensible to me; I never really delved into instant cameras, so there could be a model out there that resembles his more exactly that I'm not aware of. Maybe ask on /p/. Or tweet at the devs/concept artists!

>How many things do you have in that folder?
Well, it's a bunch of subfolders because I did luckily earlier on start to see the need to organize stuff a bit. There's subfolders with like a handful thousand images though, so searching through them manually can be a pain already. But I've also been rather selective in saving stuff, and combed through to delete stuff I didn't like (anymore) or had duplicate - that combined with a pretty well-catalogued memory means it's rather efficient; it's rare that I really have to search through entire folders.

Max because always Max.
Dana because Halloween month. And because Dana.

Here's an older Max.

Have you ever been bullied? Or even...been the bully LiSG?

Still cute. Max with longer hair isn't bad, but I prefer Chloe keep her short cut she has now.
Another vision of an older Max.

I wish someone did art of an older Chloe. I've only seen the one comic that Russian artist did where she pretty much just looked like she was 14 again. Long, blonde, hair.

Nobody can stop them

youtube.com/watch?v=68I3j2luW64

I've been bullied by an older guy when I was like 14. It was only a handful of instances, but still pretty unpleasant (he put me in a school bin once! ;;). At 16 I had moved up in social circles to an extent where he tried to be my pal and he was regularly the one getting made fun of. I felt bad for him and realized he was kind of the stupid, reckless but loyal type. So we did actually get along pretty well. But that's years back; I have nothing to do with him or those circles anymore.

To make this more LiS-related: Everyone who has experienced bullying in real life should know that Victoria's stuff is rather tame. First of all, she really is not meant to be "~the~ bully, creator of Kate's bullying" - bullying is worst when there's a collective, which very much was the narrative intention behind Kate's bullying not least in the sense that cyber bullying has exponentiated that "collective" quality of it in real life and is obviously a theme here. It's even worse when you have no support and feel like everybody is against you. Which also was the case with Kate. When people say Victoria is responsible for her on the roof, that's plain ridiculous. Nathan and Jefferson are primarily responsible, and then there's - as Max states at multiple times - the whole school body to blame that participated in the bullying or at best watched on. I would say Alyssa and Stella - Kate's "friends" that distanced themselves - and Kate's family are way more responsible for what happened than Victoria. And then the actual "bullying" we see from Victoria is what, two instances of a few mean or teasing words? She does not seek out people, make them her "victims", relentlessly harasses them. She makes a few taunting remarks when she happens upon them and that's mostly it. We have no evidence to believe she uploaded the video. She's an unpleasant person (and we see reasons for and changes to that, background and other sides to her), not really a bully.

Was bullied a ton due to being the fat kid.

I was basically Daniel.

Just had an entirely weird thought. A Terminator comes back to protect Chloe and Max, but it's in the form of Rachel. It ends like Terminator 2 did where it destroys itself to get rid of all evidence of Skynet.

More Lisa art! Well, to quote: "It’s NOT an art. Screenshot + SAI + Photoshop"

Victoria IS a bully. She harms or inconveniences others for no reason. Do not try to sugarcoat it: she was a bitch.
-Filming and uploading Kate's video. She did do this, and then she spread the link everywhere.
-Calling Kate a slut, when she herself was trying to get into Jefferson's pants.
-Talking shit about Max's photography when we see no evidence to suggest hers was any better.
-Blocking a staircase for no reason other than to inconvenience someone who answered a question in class (Again, another one of her attempts to woo the teacher and get closer)
-Breaking into Max's room and stealing from her.
-Tearing down posters for a missing person.

There is no excuse. I don't care if she's insecure. She wound up largely disliked and mostly friendless for good reason. The only consolation is that she pulls her head out of her ass and realizes she's been a terrible person and promises to do better. And seems to be genuine in that regard.

Niceu!

>Rewatching ep.2 stream
>Max's decision on shooting Mr. Beans appears
>Nik: SHOOT HIM >:D
>Hannah: No, don't shoot him, we can't shoot him.
>*Hannah picks "Don't shoot" option*
>Nik: He's askin' for it :(
>*Beans takes gun from Max*
>Face of disappointment on Nik's face
This guy is my new fav

They're gonna sacrifice Chloe.

>Filming and uploading Kate's video.
We have no evidence of this. The only thing suggesting this is Kate's "Probably Victoria".

The other things you list are things she's done, sure. I was just arguing that those are not so bad in my mind. "Slut" is a mean remark. ...That millions of people say and hear daily. Dissing Max's photography is like... that's not even a personal insult. Blocking the staircase is indeed a "bitch" move, but again, bullying looks differently to me. Breaking in is a bit much, they just walk in - like Max did to her. And Max actually snooped through her personal files. It's still a shitty thing to do, but "revenge" more than targeting someone. If Max does not go into her room, she does not go into Max's. And she obviously didn't tear down Rachel's poster so that people wouldn't see it. There's Rachel posters plastered everywhere. She was upset, not trying to prevent Rachel from being found.

There is no excuse, sure. But there are reasons. Just like there is no excuse for the shit Chloe does, but reasons. We write books about how Chloe's flaws are authentic, understandable, empathize-ably human. I think there's a lot to be said for Victoria too. And we don't even know her story, we just have hints and pieces, that for me however paint a pretty clear picture.

I'm not trying to sugarcoat. What she did sucks and there's no excuse. I'm not even talking about her later being sorry, realizing her mistakes, or the reasons for how she is. I'm just saying her behaviour is not the source or main cause of Kate's misery. At all. And that in real life terms, it's rather tame. As I've said there, I was physically attacked and I considered even that to be stupid school stuff. Real bullying is way more ugly than any of what we know Victoria did. If she actually did record and upload that video, that would have been more severe - but still not monstrous or anything, considering she and everyone genuinely thought she was partying and having fun.

Nah. They're starting to see things from Max's view, and once you do that all that "Greater good" bullshit goes right out the window.
Max will always pick Chloe, and so will anyone playing the game through Max's eyes.

Nik was the hero of last stream
>he was the only dude who can decently control the character
>doesn't go ape
>"You know Warren is that kind of guy who is desperate to meet girls"
>"I don't ship Nathan x Max"
>"I ship Pricefield"
>Wanted to shoot Frank
>tells Hannah how to save Chloe
>*after saving Chloe from train* "ooh are they gonna kiss now?"
>lezzy
>able to guess correctly with 80%+ accuracy
>saves Kate

>"I ship Pricefield"

Woah, he really said that? I don't remember.

Nik is pretty cool. I admit, I did not think they were going to save Kate but then they did look around and knew stuff. I wonder how he will react later on when they encounter Nathan in episodes 4 and 5.
It must be interesting to be a voice actor and not know exactly where/how they used a line you recorded.

The other girls said "i ship pricefield", and Nik admitted he supports it.

Someone say "Pricefield"?

i was bullied a lot. I did bully one guy (buttom of the rung shit). Not going out of the way but also not helping him and laughing with the teasing. That was in 5-6th grade and i regret it.
7th grade I was bullied every day. Punching in the yard. Throwing food at me during lunch. I remember the worst of it was when i was super upset and I dropped my books on the desk in frustration and my teacher pulled me aside and told me very sternly to not slam books on the desk. Also my best friend at the time would join them so i lost him as well. (to top it off it was cahtolic school. One of the worst years of my life and my parents paid thousands for the privilege.)

High school in a public school was off and on but when i was bullied people actually came out to defend me. Only worst part is my main bully is a well loved member of the community. But people also went out of their way to defend or help me which made it so much easier. Just knowing not everyone thinks your a piece of shit really does a wonder.

Pricefield is canon.

Basically: Yes, she was a "bitch" (don't really like using that word altogether), but she is not just that. We see other sides of her throughout (the very first interactive scene for instance has her apologizing, visibly feeling bad and visibly grateful for Max's kindness, trying to return it); Max sees and comments on them, says there's more to Victoria. We see her having a real, more caring friendship with Taylor. We see her devastated, we see signs of insecurity, jealousy, fear of inadequacy, problems in her upbringing and social environment. None of it ever excuses that you'd be mean to someone else, but I can understand her character, and Max does too. Even Kate thinks she is genuinely sorry and not just a "not nice" through and through. Understanding, not trying to judge when you don't know all that much, forgiving even - I think with Victoria these are reasonable responses to have. Kate and Max certainly seem to respond along those lines, and I was always inclined to, too.

I get why not everyone would like her. She does some pretty dislikable shit. Especially damning being some of her behaviour post-Kate incident (but the entire game understandably had problems really doing the weight of that incident justice, and there's also the idea that Nathan convinced her it wasn't her fault, and that she's actively pushing her conscience aside because, like Chloe, she can't deal with facing her demons outright - it's self-preservation and while Chloe gets Max to help her face and overcome her demons, Victoria only gets a little Max and already can admit to her that she was wrong and feels bad etc. - imagine what a Maxhug could have done for Victoria! Maybe Kate could be that person in her life).
I'm just saying to be reasonable, try to see more to her than the little we get, and also reasonable with regards to the actual extent of her misdeeds; they are - even just in the context of what other people do in the game - relatively tame.

B-but Victoria says Au revoir and it's really cute. CUTE!

Can you at least draw to compensate?