Automotive guilty pleasure

Alright Veeky Forums whats your guilty pleasure? The one car that you like but everyone else hates.

For me, its a z31 300zx
.0 v6 turbo
>>retro 80's styling
>> stupid cheap and kind of rare

Only problem is that you're never going to find parts for it and working on it is a pain in the ass

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dGDxgYWG5MU
prioritynissannewportnewsparts.com/nissanparts/?selyear=1986&selmodel=300ZX&searchText=manifold&action=searchAllCatalogs&makeid=25&siteid=218977&catalogID=0&accesslist=&acsort=scDesc&rowdsp=15&pagenum=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is working on it such a pain? I was considering one for a drift car build seeing as they're fairly cheap and not too uncommon in my area

>tfw my 86' 300zx was stolen

It's been a little over two years and I still havent owned another car since.. tho mostly due to finances, but Im still not over her..

My biggest pain with working on it was mostly due to how tightly packed in the engine bay is. Id have to remove multiple things to get to what I needed to. It's not really difficult however, just tedious.

I also had a bitch of a time getting lugnuts off the rim. Im still not sure what was up with that.. I always manually tightened them, but usually had to use an air gun to get them off.

>I didn't have comprehensive
>When I was younger I saw user cry, and curse at the wind
>He broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it

I love mid/late 90s volvos. Yes they're almost all fwd, yes in the USA most are automatic, but god dammit there's something about that 5 cylinder and their shape that does it for me.

B O X
O
X

I think theres limited steering angle on these, unless you convert the front hubs over to a s13 design. Dont know if this is correct or not, but I remember hearing it.

Maybe can chime in

youtube.com/watch?v=dGDxgYWG5MU

>Only problem is that you're never going to find parts for it
No nissan dealership near you?

>and working on it is a pain in the ass
Maybe if you are a giant panzy.

everyone laughs at me when I say I want one

"Nissan parts department, how can I help you?"
"yes, I was wondering if you guys had any turbo exhaust manifolds for a 1986 300zx?:

*LAUGHTER FOLLOWED BY CLICK*

prioritynissannewportnewsparts.com/nissanparts/?selyear=1986&selmodel=300ZX&searchText=manifold&action=searchAllCatalogs&makeid=25&siteid=218977&catalogID=0&accesslist=&acsort=scDesc&rowdsp=15&pagenum=1

congrats on being stupid.

What part of

*OUT OF STOCK*

did you not see?

what part of "(Available to Order)" did you not see?

I'm guessing you ride a bus, and therefore have never dealt with a parts department at a dealership. Nissan will have the part for you in about 2 days. At least that was my experience about a decade ago when getting parts for my 240z.

"About a decade ago"

Theres your problem. Im trying to piece a DSM back together and going through the stealership isn't worth it. You will most likely get someone who doesnt know and doesnt care, and is looking for any chance to hang up on your ass. Try getting a high center brake light for an eagle talon. See how often you get hung up on.

Yeah nah I've been working on my 85 Z31 after a hiatus and parts are pretty scarce. Choke on a salamander dick.

They are haters. eagle is ballin.
>tfw instead of driving an obnoxious lifted brotruck, you drive a lifted obnoxious eagle
A faggot can dream.

I dont know what I'm looking at but my boner cannot be contained

Same guy, going to a junkyard tomorrow to maybe find a path finder intake, distributor and distributor plate as well as a PRW-2 power transistor. Gotta get my bitch goin hard

>eagle sx4
>manuel
>in black
when I have the money I'm going to buy one

Doing the pathfinder intake swap I see.
Glad Im not the only one who still reads z31.com

Wasn't planning on doing it,Mobutu the scrap yard near me happens to have a pathfinder, figured why the feck not? Still got a lotta work to do before she is drivable, but Imma keep sloggin away!

I understand that completely

Literally all vg30 parts can be found on maximas and on later vg33s.

Z31s share similar but not exact front Macpherson subframe to a S13. With rear trailing arm subframe you're on your own.

All coilovers are a must because the spring rates on all z31 aftermarket springs can't get you a happy medium of lower rider hieght and stiffening because the stock suspension is softer than boobs. You could probably roll a z31 easier than drifting stock