Will the GT86 and BRZ be, in 15 years, what the Nissan 240SX is today?

Will the GT86 and BRZ be, in 15 years, what the Nissan 240SX is today?

>85% drift missiles and unfinished projects
>10% respectable but heavily modified sports cars nobody else would feel comfortable buying
>5% stock and in good shape

Other urls found in this thread:

inautonews.com/exclusive-subaru-confirms-brz-successor-every-scenario-is-possible
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. and if the s-fr is actually made that will be the real ae86 follow up

You could say this about the majority of used sports cars over 15 years old.

TFW NO SFR AND IT WILL N E V E R HAPPEN

>trash engine people want to swap as soon as they get it used
Wow. It really is a 240sx
If they made it and it had a trim with an engine that revved higher the s-fr really is an ae86

>if the s-fr is actually made that will be the real ae86 follow up
god damn i want it so much
fuck you toyota just do it

Well, Subaru is making a successor to this car, so if this car is considered the 240SX, wouldn't the "upgraded" successor be considered the GT-R?

They are?

What's it called?

>present year+15
>implying manual transmissions and human driving won't be banned everywhere except track circumstances

inautonews.com/exclusive-subaru-confirms-brz-successor-every-scenario-is-possible
I'm guessing Subaru is kind of pissed over what Toyota wants this car to be, even after Toyota paid Subaru fuck tons of money to produce this car.
No idea what they will name it, but hopefully is will be just as fun, Subaru knows what they are attracting with the brz.

So it's literally going to become a hardtop Miata?

No because the frs isnt a massive pile of shit like the 240 was and still is.

>brz sold less than frs
>subaru wouldnt allow a turbo when toyota wanted it
Fuck subaru

I'd be mad to
to be limited by one companies autism
Toyota if you wanted NA you should have teamed with yamaha. Even NA the gt86 is nothing like an ae86

Toyota didn't want turbo

Toyota's answer to one anyway, I don't blame them for trying to take on a dominated market, but it seems that Subaru doesn't want it to be a miata fighter and I don't blame them, that's not Subaru's appeal.
Toyota didn't want to make it a soft top either, and it was the other way around on the turbo.
Toyota now wants to make a car with BMW, seems they're the town bike at the moment and can't settle on one cock.

Yes they did.
Subaru squashed it because muh STI sales

Listen Accept its all toyotas fault
Toyota SUCKS
and they DOUBLE SUCK for not bringing the s-fr to the states

The BRZ/86 need a supercharger more than a turbo. Lighter, less complex, linear power delivery, cheaper. Toyota is familiar with them, they should be able to make one.

It doesn't need much more peak power/torque, it just needs a bit more with a flatter torque curve. That's why everyone with a lightly modified 86 says that "it should have been like this out of the factory."

Don't hate on new Toyota
Pursuing GT86...
Pursuing FT-1...
Pursuing S-FR...

Kikai concept to remind people of the beauty of automobiles (its a hot rod with an exposed engine)
seems they're looking in the right direction

No. It'll be shit then just like it is now.

>fellow frog enthusiasts thread

Smooth like pebble.
Please hope guys! Hope they'll make it and export it! It's bigger than a Miata and that got in!

The GT-86 feels like weeb attractant to help boost sales because muh ae86, they even made a tribute to initial-d and had it styled just like takumi's car.
The FT-1 looks like it's going to be hybrid and that doesn't boast well for the aftermarket community who do the same thing to their supra, I'm hoping it's just a large engine with oddly placed coolers.
S-FR is what I think Toyota had in mind for the toyobaru, and now it'll make the gt86 look out of place as a car.
And how is the car shit?

It's socially and economically infeasible.

They'll just ban road cars not made within the last import wait+5 for "safety and emissions purposes" (read: getting poor people off the road), increase driver requirements, up the taxes, and upgrade public mass transit, making musk look like a delusional manchild for holding his "hurr muh futuristic 1950s with self driving pods whizzing around" fantasy

This will ultimately benefit Veeky Forums, because despite the price, the roads will be significantly emptier and safer, so much faster for the people that can afford to use them.

>current year+200
>most people are jumping from shitbox to shitbox as they reach the legal age of expiration, hooning a new classic each year
>the entire current road system has been destroyed and repurposed for increased population density
>roads are filled with sidewalks, buildings, and train lines
>in its place, a system of urban megahighways perfectly sized for the eternally small amount of human drivers, taking its users from parking lot to parking lot across the sprawling hive cities of the future
>while the lower class spends twice as long taking multi-train routes and finishing off by walking and taking a few sky bridges
>speed limits have doubled
>vehicle age and driver ability laws are bound to become stricter as older cars and worse drivers fail to keep up with the fast pace of traffic
>there are almost zero non-lot areas that allow pedestrians the legal chance to interact with a moving vehicle
>everyone is dagumi
>being able to drift around a sharp, low-traction corner is a requirement for having a license

The gt86 is shit. that motor is fucking terrible and modding it is a pain in the ass

I've never had problems with my friends BRZ, Subaru engines are easy as fuck to pull out and work on, sounds like you couldn't work on a car to save your life.

Why do you defend mediocre cars with your life?
What is thiss
What the FUCK is this board for? Everyone has such fucking thin skin as soon as you critique any god damn fucking car. It's a piece of shit and I would never ever own one again.
Nobody fucking addresses anyone else's arguments.
This is fucking awful. What the fuck is wrong with you?

>loss Le Mans in the worst way possible
>New Supra
>V6
>no manual
>some watered down hybrid bullshit

Yeah as a Toyota fan, I'm sure pleased....

This is what a super car is now. Accept it and grow up. This is a performance car and not an enthusiast car and it never fucking was supposed to be.

>supercar
>Supra

Yeah first thing I think of when you say Supra......except no.

>tfw Ford made a better successor to the Supra in the GT350 then Toyota will with the actual Mk V

Yeah I don't give a shit. This is what it is. THIS IS WHAT IT IS. ITS NOT A FUCKING ENTHUSIAST CAR IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE.

Jesus Christ you people are fucking dense.

>enthusiast product
>performance car

Pick two.

For someone who accuses others of having thin skin, you throw tantrums like a child, you threw out a bland statement that anyone can make and I asked for an elaboration. I made a counter argument to your statement and now you're having an anal apocalypse.
This car is something I haven't had in a long time.
FUN
Not many of the "modern" cars today offer this, I don't have fun in Fords or Chevys (examples) because they don't feel like they offer it, they don't feel like they give the pure feel of the road, this car felt like a step back to those days, it's the feel of a high-end roadster with the aftermarket of a car 10 years ago.

Most of these people probably weren't alive when the MKIV Supra they love so much came out. Literally 4000 pounds with the driver on board and only available in automatic by '96. It was a $45,000 car for ageing women and their boy toys, made famous when atypical owners put V12s in them and/or boosted them to hell and back.

I'd gladly have one any day, but the cars are what they are.

>he's never even driven an ecobooST
>laughinggirls.jpg

nope.avi

Here's your (you) anyway, nigger.

>This meme
The FoST has to be one of the worst modern cars I have ever driven, from the clutch being the worst thing I've ever pushed into and ruining the fun of a manual to the throttle being as unresponsive as a wheel chaired vegetable.
I looked into this car even further to find reports because it was on a list I was recommended to me when looking for a new car and all I found was shit going wrong with it after the hype train left.
This car and all of fords "hot hatches" have made me hate ford even more.
>Great meme 2016

it's a

supracar

>implying the Focus ST is the only performance oriented ecoboost

If you're going to meme me, at least try to act like you read the entire thing, but I did miss out on the ECOSTANG.
But do I really have to drive it to know it's an awful car at this point with the 5.0L being better in all regards?

It depends on what you value honestly. But comparing a $32k Mustang v8 to sub-$25k turbo-4s is pretty silly, even if some boostangs are running 10s. The hatches are pretty much best in class (though the Focus has its issues).

What car so you even drive m8?

A mk4 gti as DD, Plus whatever flavor of the week I restore.
But why would I buy the ecostang over the v8? If money is a genuine concern, I wouldn't be long at a mustang, nor would I if gas is an issue.

>mkiv gti
My god do you have shit taste.

>ecobox used for the purpose of getting from a to b
>next to no pigfat
>looks a thousand times better than a civic
And I guess you drive a ECOSTANG.

>'muh vw hot hatch heritage'

Ah, no wonder your mad at the ecoboost hatches.

And you'd buy the turbostang because you want one, it's for better than a Genesis and competes well with a Z. Also, if your a yuropoor.

Wow you're a straight up douchebag. Can you stop?

I actually never cared for the Genesis, never got the appeal of it, plus isn't the 370z non-turbo?
I'm an Americlap, I'm not mad at them the way I think you're trying to put it, I don't like them because they felt awful to drive, power and acceleration go out the door if I can't enjoy the ride. I can at least enjoy shifting in my car, the FoST was the worst thing I have ever shifted in.
>being this triggered

>tfw I raced a Genesis in my mk3 GTI, missed third and still kept up
It was one of the earlier models however