shit

honda decent

honda

Portugal for SEM 2017

hon

h

I spent all my camera money on a 2010 KLR650

so then its not really camera money is it

I wonder if that headlamp is interchangeable with my Ninjette.

My stepdad wants one of these for touring around with his 60 yrs+ friends. How are they?

clearly not

Fun, but a little gutless. They're easy to ride unless you're short.

Baiku money best money.

Cycle World is going to be doing a story on the '13 Indian Cannonball run, they'll be up at the shop to do interviews and taking pictures or something. So keep an eye out for that.

It's all together and driving now. (obviously wasn't in this picture)

He's like 6'1 so shouldn't really be an issue. He just wants to do some touring riding, some friends of his just went to Alaska and back and he used to ride so when he saw me get my bike he got a little jealous.

Why do riders get so uptight when I don't see them when I'm on my commute? Just yesterday some twat was in my blind spot and completely overreacted when I moved over a lane, when we got to a light he was staring me down with his visor down so I rolled my window down and asked if he had a fucking problem, then he immediately turns his head straight and stops looking at me.

That's the other thing I don't get, what's up with the pretend tough guy act some of you put on? Does having a motorcycle make you think you're a badass?

calm down nerd

your penis must be really big. Can i see it plz?

low quality bait

I'm assuming you're just b8ing but you risked his life because you were too lazy to move your head. I'd be mad if I were him too.

4/10 because 4 people responded

you should look over your shoulder when changing lanes, but hiding in your blind spot was stupid from the biker, too

fucking cagers

Was thinking about buying an Africa Twin. Any anons here own one?

Yes. What questions do you have?

How's the 2 pot

shit and I hate it

Delightful, it burbles like a V twin at the low end and clatters like a parallel towards the high. It's very linear but that's exactly what you want off road. It's never going to be the most thrilling engine but it works great up to about 90mph. Going beyond that is just a steady, uneventful climb to 137.

Honda a pretty good.

went for a ride today when suddenly Poland

reminder that honda a shit

How does it feel offroad? And does it feel like it's for tall people only or can average, or even short people ride?

Gee AT user, I didn't realize you were a cockmongling faggot.

On a scale of "douchecati" to "80's kawasaki 2-stroke," how reliable is the thing? If i'm buying and adventure bike, ideally i dont want it breaking down all the time

>How does it feel offroad?
It's pretty planted. I've only tackled gravel paths but I've never felt like it's going to do anything silly. The traction control is excellent but very conservative on the highest setting (which it engages by default every time you start but is easy to drop down or disengage from the left index finger switch)

>And does it feel like it's for tall people only or can average, or even short people ride?
It helps to be tall but I can flat foot the standard saddle on the highest setting and I'm 180cm tall. I prefer riding around with the saddle on the higher and sliding forwards to get my feet down at a stop because it's more comfy. There's a low saddle available too.

The saddle's exactly the same height as a GS but it feels less tall because it's thinner towards the front. Also, compared to the GS, you don't feel as enclosed or isolated from the road (in a good way).

m8 he bought a honda voluntarily

I've never had a problem starting or riding it in 6k miles. My only foibles have been the OEM heated grips (just get Oxfords, they're a third the price) and a sticky dashboard switch which Honda replaced instantly. It's a Japanese built, low compression, slightly detuned Honda parallel twin, expect the sun to burn out before serious issues arise.

Do any of you use noise-cancelling earphones when you ride? My helmet is fucking loud and the wind noise is almost painful.

When I rode a sports tourer, I wore Shure SE215's with triple flange tips. You don't need active noise cancelling with those things bored half way to your brain and there's none of the distortion noise cancelling generates.

My helmet isn't loud at all. Do you have a full face?

my custom molded ear plugs just came in, i'm so hype.
insurance will cover it (for me anyway) so it's awesome.

1. Good helmet.
2. Earplugs.
3. Good windscreen (won't apply to many styles of moto)

What if the real world fuel economy like?

I ride like a lunatic and get 47MPG imperial. The only other guy I know who has one gets mid-high 50's.

Man, that things basically a bicycle with an engine in it. Bikes sure have come a long way

Nice, better than the 35mpg I get on my strom. Looking at buying one for my commute.

did you occupy?

It's a great commuter, it somehow flicks even better through traffic than the V-strom I tested (probably because the CoG is very low). The only advice I can give is to test ride it along with an R1200GS and a Tiger if you're in a market where they're competitively priced. My friend rides a GS Adventure and, while he admitted mine was the better offroader said he preferred his GS. The biggest difference between the Honda and the BMW is the suspension, the BMW is much smoother but more isolated, which freaks me out. It also felt heavier to me despite being lighter on paper.

>2days til marquezwin
GAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I get 41 MPG on my V-Stronk. ~1000' elevation, mild rolling hills, mixed driving but rarely stop and go.

no but as soon as i took the photo some polish maniac appeared in his hilux from the forest telling me to move the bike

what bike is that

Mine has power commander and has been dyno tuned, RIP fuel economy

Ah. I guess my stocker really does run way lean.

zuk drz400

It is 14yo and also has about 240k km on it too, it is dieing a slow death.

The SE215s are a solid choice man. My concern with isolation though is not being able to hear what I actually need to hear, whereas noise-cancelling would presumably block out just the constant windnoise + engine + vibration.

Yeah, but it's the Bell Vortex. Notoriously loud.

Hope they work for you, user. Ride safe.

>Good Helmet
too late
>Earplugs
want music as well
>Good windscreen
I wish.

can that thing go on highways?

>My concern with isolation though is not being able to hear what I actually need to hear
I never had a problem with that. Because they're so isolating, you can have the music down lower. If anything, sound isolating will block important noises more (you could still hear the wind faintly and detect when a car was pulling into your blind spot from the change in tone and the slight suction on your back).

>240ks
Wheew. Might be time to have a look at the fuel system. I assume you've been keeping the valves adjusted?

Yeah I have a full hotcams shim set for it and it have only needed to use a few.

I am a bit suspect on the fuel pump, seems down on power a little when in the high revs and occasionally gives a buck when accelerating at WOT. I just haven't been bothered to remove the tank and to a flow test on it. Although a shitty fuel pump should give higher MPG due to it running under capacity. but IDK.

>fucking cagers
really? you guys are like the fucking niggers of the roadway.
>it's always the cars fault
>da biker a good rida, he dindu nuffin!

Dbt I made a friend

fluffy/10

did you run it over

:3

How much did that shim set run?

I'm going fishing, can I use it for my crab pot bait?

cuuuteeee

yes

Have you ever seen the result of trying to cram a cat into a standard carrier? You'd be dead from traumatic blood loss before you got the head in a crab pot.

Ebay, AUD100, posted from USA.

Was still 60 bucks cheaper than the local options.

I have big welded mesh crab pots, my curious labrador got stuck in one when it was a teenager.

liberal application of a 2x4 cures most animal behavior issues.

Not bad; ProCycle lists one for about 70 or so MurkaBux(TM).

that's very informative, thank you.

This was while the AUD was around USD90c.

To buy it today would most prob be around AUD150.

I bought so much shit from murrica when the AUD was at parity.

>exchange rates
Dude I can't blame you. Things have been more or less favorable for us to buy from Europe since the Euro slid not long after its inception.

Bet this guy browses dbt

tell him to sit on the gas tank to get his weight further forward so it holds the front down

>yoshimario

>yoshimario

That is too good

>yoshimario

Anyone have a recommendation for a good disc lock?

Tired of this shit ass Xena I have.

He memes supreme

That ad is 100% correct.

Biggest thickest fuck off padlock that will fit

10/10 would buy bike right now

Yep, had a YZ490 for a bit and everything in this ad holds up to a large 2smoke

have you owned a CR500?

i use quite a few since i have to keep it in a carport under my bedroom. I have a regular kryptonite disk lock and a new york chain lock, although in retrospect a big ass chain and lock would do the same. I also have a cheeky arbus with an alarm on the back just in case they dont notice. All in all it could still get lifted in the back of a truck but at least maybe someone would notice with all the noise from the chains and alarm.

RIP in piece motorcycle man that died today.

On a side note how the fuck does your exhaust end up like that. Must have been a hell of an accident

wowie just caved in that focus

Sometimes I'm glad that I have a shitbike that I don't bother locking.