Why have paddle shifters and other automatic shlushboxes replaced manual in performance cars when they are completly...

Why have paddle shifters and other automatic shlushboxes replaced manual in performance cars when they are completly inferior save for heavy traffic?
Even fucking Porsche&BMW which have been completely focused on performance and driver engagement have thrown it out of the window with PDK and DCT

vast majority of consumers are lazy and don't actually like driving

>automatic

>fake lap times
Even motortrend knows those times are fake.

Not all automatics are slushboxes. Performance cars are moving to DCT precisely because they can shift automatically without the shitty fluid coupling. With that factor eliminated, DCT can shift faster than any human can, so it actually is superior to a traditional manual in terms of performance.

And even then, modern autos with torque converters aren't as bad as they used to be, especially in cars with power (where drivetrain losses aren't as noticeable). Some slushboxes can even beat their manual counterparts in a drag race.

Personally I'm OK with DCT and flappy paddles, though it will likely be a while before they're common in my financial reach (shitbox status).

proof?

>spoon feed me mommy!!!

>makes claim
>"Dude find it for yourself"
>what is burden of proof
assblasted nissan fangirl spotted

you are so mad right now lol

>i need to be spoonfed mommy!!
>projecting

Dual clutch (or a properly tuned CVT which is pretty much nonexistent)= performance

Manual = Driver engagement

Slushbox auto = maximum comfy

>gm fangirls just ragequit after getting btfo

Some of the best automotive engineers engineers in the world (citation needed) have decided that an automatic transmission is better than a standard in their high performance cars. Do you really think you know better than them? No, because you're an anonymous shitposter on the automotive board of an anime website.

why did you post a selfie?
and are you gonna actually provide a counter argument or just cry and greentext your trigger away

>i-i need to be spoonfed!!!

>completly inferior
Yeah I'm sure. They can't possible be faster, right?

I wonder if the r36 will be faster than the c7 z06, Maybe then nissan fangirls will finally get their revenge for this torture you put them through.

Once you reach the insane power levels these cars put out, you need an auto clutch system to handle it.

What is damage control Alex?

So you're full of shit. Gotcha.
Nissan fucking sucks anyway.

>spoon feed me mommy!!

PDK outperform manual. Most DCTs in sports cars will out perform a manual.

Obviously CVT wasn't yet a thing when the comfiest landbarges were being produced. But theoretically, at least, wouldn't you say that CVT could be even comfier than a regular auto? Cruising would be even smoother.

Doubtful. The current GT-R is already 4000lbs. The new one is slated to have electric motors, which will make it all the more pigfat. might give the NSX a run for its money tho (lol).
>C7 Zr1 soon

Hey now, stop picking on the cornered nissan fangirl, it's not her fault nissan can no longer produce a proper manual sports car. And don't forget nips still have the LFA.

>broken press car
>still putting down faster times than cars that cost 3x as much

NISSAN BTFO!!!

>muh cost
Damage control, a win is a win

>Not getting a tune on your trans
>Current year
Why? Stock tunes SUCK

what is 5 wins?

a rape

I want to hug you

> fake lap times
Roflmao

Dct> shitty 7 speed stick shift or cringe tier 8 speed slushbox
Stay mad Americans can't into proper technology

Because a manual transmission gives the driver control over their car. Which is something the government does not think you should have.

Driving down the highway and your cars gas gets stuck? No worries, you can just go to neutral, no matter what. If you were in an automatic, theres all sorts of extra chances your car can kill you. Perhaps it decides it doesnt want to go in to neural while the rpms are at 6000 and your push button ignition joins in the murder. You try your emergency brake and it breaks. Now you can die conveniently from a car malfunction that was certainly not designed by your government.

>Automatics don't have neutral
Come back when you've actually driven a car.

New cars are so quiet that even with fake engine sounds through the speakers it's impossible to judge when to shift without staring at the tach.

gang rape

Come back when you're literate.

omg this thread REALLY triggered the americucks lol

viper fangirl won't recover form this

BTFOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

>a pigfat hybrid nissan leaf will be faster than the whatever corvette GM makes

kek, just like in the motortrend test

>heavier
>less power
>worse tires
>worse brakes
>older chassis
>less torque
>less displacement
>less cylinders

>still slower

why can't GM compete?

bump

Bump

Btfo

>$50k more
>2 more driven wheels
you forgot these

you forgot

>V8s can't outperform V6s

Do you ever go out?

>go
That would imply the corvette's engine can make enough power to move.

BTFO
Can GM compete in anything that isn't an egg and spoon race?

>can gm compete
No, that just doesn't seem to be the case.

The majority of people that buy brand new cars from Porsche, BMW, Mercedes etc work in busy and built up areas with shitloads of traffic.

Manual is fun and can be quicker.

Same thread of corvette and gtr like people care or will change their minds towards the cars.

You're saying you can shift better than a perfectly timed computer everytime?