BMW 1 Series anyone?

BMW 1 Series anyone?

Seems like a livable, daily drive capable, fun little car.

Anyone for or against this model?

>no ecoboost
Trash.

they're good
but

Do they come with LSD?

Not unless you get the 1M or buy an LSD for it.

No LSD, aftermarket are available tho. The 1M has one but if you can afford that you may as well just buy an M2. Also go to /bmw/ if you want actual advice and not troll responses.

My friend wanted one, he kept saying he wasn't sure, and I talked him into it. Now he is obsessed with it. So get it. He got a 128i because the 135i's when he was looking all had terrible problems with the HPFP but those problems have since been solved. just expensive.

If I had to get a post-E46 Bimmer, this would be it.

>no dipstick
Trash.

3series for life brah. 5's are fun but 3's a driver mobiles

Turbo BMW 1 series was my friend's alternative to the Porsche Cayman and for like half the price of the actual vehicle. You don't have the automatically hard retracting roof but it's still small and neat.

>boards.420chan.org/psy/

>128 owner here

I love it

I fail to understand how this matters in the least. On some of the models a dipstick can be added, but frankly pulling up the oil level on the dashboard is extremely convenient. I've never heard of one instance where someone has ran low because of the electronic level monitoring...in any brand ever.

how large of a person are you?

admittedly i need to just go test drive the darn thing, but i am concerned that i wont be comfortable at 6'0 200lbs

6'2" 180 lbs

Someone 6'7" has sat in the front, said they were comfortable.

>lets cut costs by $2 per car
>our women and cuck buyers won't care
>fuck the enthusiast
Why not have both? Failsafes are nice and you don't upset anyone.

>checking oil level with a dipstick makes you an enthusiast
Come on gramps, stop living in the past.
I drive a much smaller BMW with tight sport seats, you'll be fine.

6'3 pre-surgery. You'll fit very comfortably.

I can't bring myself to like it because it is ugly as sin. I hate that line by the rocker panel - it's like the car has a sagging belly.

just like a milf

>honest review
not a fast car, but decently quick and has superb handling. Kinda similar to a BRZ/86 except with more torque. I really like the N52/51 engine - it's pretty much maxed out what BMW can do with a roadgoing NA I6. Back end feels a bit jumpy over 100 on stock suspension, but that can be fixed. Interior is fairly bare-bones, but comfortable. I can't get my seat to go low enough by ~1", but thats my preference.

If you want to mod, get the sport or Msport package. Base package doesn't come with holes for sway bars.

I went on a cruise with a friend driving a WRX. We went to a sharp, twisty uphill road that didn't allow him to get into boost. He struggled, I just dropped into 1st :)

>redline before 5k

laughinggirls.jpg

>If you want to mod, get the 135i
I think that is what you meant to say.

3series are pigfat disgusting. Smaller and lighter is always better.
I would love one. Love the design, sadly just a little heavy.

>No coupes available in my country for reasonable amounts of money
>Only the hatchback version, which has shit traction for the rear wheels during winter
>Would have to go and get a coupe from Germany and pay the import tax
>Afraid of getting ripped off because my German isn't good enough to talk about cars

I was considering this and the 3 series. In short if it's your DD, get the 335 coupe, if not snag a 135. May as well count the price as $500 higher since the car isn't truly alive until you install a jb4 in it.

IDK what retard would buy an X28, but hopefully that's not you. If you can't drive stick, there's a godly reflash for the auto trans that'll help you sleep at night.

The 86 might have less torque, but it also weighs 500lbs less.

86 has like half the torque, car is garbage

I drive a quattro Audi so I don't have much understanding of fun but the E82 I drove was pretty fun desu.

Also make sure you get it in M trim with a shark fin.

>superb handling. Kinda similar to a BRZ/86
Stock or M package? I have a hard time imagining run-of-the-mill normie car handles like something tailored towards enthusiasts. Subaru made so many sacrifices to push the center of gravity as low as possible, how can BMW get close with what's essentially a hatchback designed to rival the Golf.

>how can BMW get close with what's essentially a hatchback designed to rival the Golf.

dude wut

Oh don't tell me the coupe handles significantly different than the hatchback...

it does handle superb
look at the 1m

A stock 125i doesn't handle like a 1M, or does it?

Why don't you just go drive one?

Because typing words on an internet forum is a lot faster and easier and doesn't require me to drive 25km to the next dealership.

Which do you think is going to be more informative in your buying descision?

>year of our Lord [the current year]
>connected to billions of people via the internet
>unlimited opportunities to share experiences and knowledge
>potentially turning mankind into an omnipresent, omniscient entity
>"why don't you just go drive one?"

>mfw

Yeah but the 128 has 30 more HP

You can mod the N52, but you're really only going to get 260 WHP

>Ultimate Driving Machine
I have Msport suspension and PSSs, it sticks to the road like bugs to my fascia. Its not perfect, but for the cost of a used 1er you'll have a hard time finding something better. Also, M3 suspension parts fit.

1M is basically a M3 crammed into a E82 chassis. 125/28/35 doesn't have M3 parts, but if you want to spend the money, they do fit.

it has no lsd and has softer suspension than the 1M so it wont handle quite that great, but it still has a low centre of gravity, similar steering feel etc.