2016 Fiesta ST: $226
2017 WRX: $260

Which is the best deal here?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-fiesta-st-spy-photos-news
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you drive now?
What are you going to use the car for?
How about you drive them for yourself faggot?

Have driven them all except bromaro (wouldnt degrade myself enough to drive a v6) i have to say the wrx is the most fun and most versatile.

>biweekly payment
poorfag detected.

how much do you actually have to put down?
how much do you make a month? or, how much do you have left after paying all your bills currently?
do you know your credit score?

holy hell do those seem like outrageous payments for a 60 month term. are those burgerbucks or maplebucks?

>5k down, no trade-in
>only making 33k/yr now, will jump to 42k in March and 49k before 2018, could be as high as 63k before finance period is over. Take off about 15k from each number and you have my disposable income
>18k on debit + credit, 20k in savings account
>best credit tier with my bank

maple bux

What are you looking for?
The 'best deal' would probably be the wrx for most bang for your buck, although that doesn't translate to being fun. You listed 4 very different cars, make sure you know what you want before you buy

You shouldn't take your potential pay increases into consideration.

You should spend about $350 on a monthly payment. Put down enough to make that happen.

fiesta st will be your best bet then. god i feel sorry for your dollar right now.

my comments on each one
>brz
not exciting enough for a daily driver, sounds meh without mods. has potential as a mod platform or track car down the road. not something you'll really being doing while you're financing it
>v6 camaro
this isn't the right motor for the car. sure it's close to your price range but it's defeating the purpose of the car. i think you know what i mean
>fiesta st
lightweight, punchy torque, good fuel economy, the fwd is more suited for canada winters than the previous two rwd cars. also the cheapest
>wrx
fast, good awd for winter. downside is it's the most expensive. it also feels a bit heavy after having driven it after the fiesta st. doesn't do great on gas.

That's not very much desu. I make over 100k/year and I feel uneasy with a $400 car payment sometimes.

Have you looked into something used?

2013 Mustang GT?
NC Miata?
G8 GT?
Mazdaspeed3?

Being able to haul all my things + 4 extra rims/tires is all I need as far as practicality goes. I think, out of that list, only the Camaro couldn't do it. I can get the rims shipped around for me, but that's just an annoying inconvenience.

Besides that, fun takes first priority, reliability second, comfort third, and aftermarket support (after warranty is over obviously) fourth.

>biweekly
what the fuck is your interest rate? even something as high as 6% on 25k is less than 500/mo. 25k would be 26k with tax added and a down payment of 3k.

basically, looking at cars by monthly payment is a surefire way of raping yourself.
BRZ - depending on options should be between 26 and 29
Camaro - 23-27
Fiesta - by far the cheapest, 19-23
WRX - 26-30

it sounds like you need a better down payment and a way better interest rate.
a fiesta that was 22, after TTL and a 2500 down payment would be 21,500 financed. at 6% that is 415/mo. At 2.25, which is manageable with a credit union, it's 380. It also drops your total interest paid from 3500 to 1200.
play with a loan calculator and see how the additional down payment affects your monthly payment and total interest paid in the end.

>potential pay

I'm in the military, so it's pretty much guaranteed. The 63k depends if I make corporal, but I'll be guaranteed 49k within 2 years.

>spending that much of your income for utter shit cars

I could safely make a 12k down payment I suppose. No real reason I couldn't, since I have a 20k savings account if I needed it for an emergency. I'll re-run the numbers with a higher down payment.

Still, with that being said, you can still see how much they cost relative to eachother.

typically here banks want to finance if the payment is between 10-15% of your monthly income. based off what you said, you'd be over this with the fiesta st but not by a whole lot. i think the little bit over is okay in your case since you have good job security, driving experience is important to you, and have seem to have good prospects for the future.

Okay, with 12k down and no trade-in value:

ST: 134/289
BRZ: 185/400
Camaro: 206/445
WRX: 199/432

Listed the bi-weekly and monthly side by side. Why the FUCK are they more than doubling when I switch to monthly?

I should mention that the APR stays the same for the ST if I go 72 months, which would be 111/241.

sounds like you should go with the ST dude. you won't regret it.

things are always going to be cheaper if you go biweekly as opposed to monthly. It's worth having that extra wiggle room IMO.

What is your average APR with these cars?

You would seriously be better off buying a Mazdaspeed3, Taurus SHO, or 2005 GTO for 12k cash and saving the rest for mods or maintenance.

>fwd
How could you suggest this over the rwd or awd subaru?

gave my explanations here

I really like the BRZ, but I'm starting to lean toward the FiST.

Is the Mountune MP215 kit worth it? It apparently retains Ford's warranty if you get it installed by dealer (which is extra $$$ for labor). Would probably upgrade to an MR265 when warranty runs out.

I won't try to justify my decision in wanting a newer car, because I know going used is smarter. Being the only owner of a car and driving it to the grave just appeals to me I guess. Who knows, maybe I'll just stick to used cars.

5% APR on BRZ, 3% on WRX, 0% on FiST, not listed on the Chebby website.

>36k plus interest for a shitty brz
>30k plus interest for a shitty fiesta ST
>39k plus interest for a shitty v6 camaro
>38k plus interest for a shitty WRX
move out of canada asap.

>lightweight, punchy torque, good fuel economy
except it performs worse than the WRX,looks way uglier,less practical,holds value like dogshit,at the cost of minuscule mpg's

have you driven both?

most people who say the MP215 kit makes the car feel more alive, etc. etc. etc.

for me, stock is plenty of fun

How do the insurance on these compare?

I wouldn't want to sink in that much down payment. I like having the cash for emergencies... but in any case, I'd look heavily at finding a loan around 2-3%, with a down payment of 4-5k.

Of those three? My preference lies with the WRX. Just me... I have a Mustang. I like how practical it is in comparison with the BRZ and Camaro (lol trunk and visibility, respectively), and the Fiesta is too small for me. If it was a Focus on your list it'd be harder for me to decide, since I am disappointed that the WRX isn't a hatch. In the long term, I think the ST and Camaro will lost their value the hardest, while the BRZ will eventually be a classic, and the WRX has always held their own, assuming you don't hoon it to death.

>Why the FUCK are they more than doubling when I switch to monthly?
I'm confused. A month has 4-ish weeks in it, so a monthly payment is going to be about double that. I would personally go with a monthly... more consistent, as a bi-weekly will shift across the month over time and I would like my bills to be a consistent date (say, the 5th each month, after payday).

If you plan on keeping it forever then I agree with your decision to buy new.

I think you should buy a new BRZ, They are going to be released in the next month or two. But I'm biased because I own an 86. Have you driven a fiesta st yet? It's fun, but the seating position and torquesteer get old fast.

I have driven all but the BRZ and I found the WRX to be the best combo of fun and features. I'm paying $290 a month for my lease though =(

well that's the thing, perception of speed can be a whole different animal than actual speed. i submit that a car feeling more fun is a purely subjective matter and should be left to the individual buying the car.

if we're talking looks, the fist is about as exciting as the wrx. they both look like slightly riced econoboxes. not much to say there.

the value retention is valid. subaru's hold their value well. that said, i get the indication that op is buying new, doesn't care about depreciation, and will drive the car until it dies. so this part sounds a lot less important to them

the mpg difference can vary a lot in both cars sure, but on average, the fist does a lot better than the wrx in real world reported numbers.

get a miata

I also forgot to mention: which has the best sound system, for when I want to blast Eurobeat on the touge?

Is it okay to blast Eurobeat in a Camaro? It's an American car, so I'm not sure.

Where should I go?

Those cars are pretty bottom tier. It's what people should buy when they don't have enough money for nice cars but really don't want to buy used. They're not cars you should get a fucking loan for.

Simply and bluntly put, you don't have the income to buy a new car. Don't be a moron by spending even more money, especially not if you're already taking assumptions over facts in your calculations.

The 86 stereo sucks. The WRX probably has the most sound deadening out of the bunch. Don't trust Americans with a sound system.

the us of course

Not enough space in either the Miata or Fiata

miata

I pay 416 a month for a 5.0 OP. Someones trying to fuck you

Europe when?

This. I pay 240cdn every two weeks for this ecoboost. 7500 down. About 2k in mods, making bout 375 at the crank.

>leasing or financing a BRZ

Have fun paying for that after you total the car 2 months in.

Holy fuck go get your parents kid. Biweekly means every 2 weeks, 14 days. Monthly could be up to 31 days. 14+14+3=31. The three extra days is where that increase is. Jackass.

375 at the crank isn't bad.
I'm guessing intercooler piping a cai a downpipe and a exhaust with a tune.
I'm pulling about 430 at the tire with my 5.0.
With a jlt cai, boss 302 intake manifold. BBK long tubes, xpipe, a 3 inch bassani exhaust and a tune

Just wondring a thing, Dosnt those mods void the warranty?

It depends on the dealer. And the relationship you have with them. My ford dealer overlooks it. Ford isn't a bad company warrenty wise. So long as you don't teat them bad and go get your service done there

Okay, Veeky Forums, I got 115 CAD (88 USD) bi-weekly for 72 months. Optioned the fuck out, everything but the sunroof. Pull the trigger?

NO. 60 months or less.

You're going to be paying for that car for six years. Six years. For a car that will no longer feel new after a few months. Next year it'll be nothing special anymore to you, even less so (if it ever will be) to others. And then you'll still be five years away from completely paying it off.

If you're absolutely sure this is what you want, go for it. But you will more than likely regret it. Six years is a long time, especially for something like this.

I know you're not giving it reasonable thought but it still needs to be pointed out.

That said, I sincerely hope that you DO greatly enjoy it for years to come, I genuinely do.

>bi-weekly

You are going to eat so much shit with biweekly payments. lmao

Go for it OP. Are there any early payoff penalties in the loan? If not, I'd try to pay it off sooner than 6 years, but that's just me.

Can confirm it still feels new and special after a year.

>375hp
Dyno sheet or I call BS

I mean Cobb OTS Stage 3 is 336whp, so assuming 10% loss that's 373 at the crank. I'm sure a good ecoboost tuner can get more out of it, especially with ethanol blending.

Stage 3 kit isn't 2000 dollars though.

>6 fucking years

Are you insane

> 6 months
> 5 years
> FIVE FUCKING YEARS OF FINANCING A CAR

Why on earth would anyone do this?
I cannot fathom why people are so easily dragged into unnecessary situations, just for a cheap-ish car. Do you not think, like, ever?

Is your dick that small that you need to get a six year loan to buy a "new" car (because it won't be new for over 2/3rd of the time you'll spend paying for it)? What kind of reasoning makes you end up thinking this is a good decision to make in your life?

I'm genuinely curious, and intrigued by the retardation of people who do this.

>have cash to buy a new car
>get offered lower OTD price if you 0% financing
>you get to keep your cash in your pocket and have a new car
>can pay off anytime without penalty, and you have extra cash on hand for things like investments, or emergencies

Do you even personal finance?

>37k a year in usd after 2 years tis
fuck i'm in the wrong military

also depends if he actually modded it through the actual dealership as well.

With all the trolling on this site I don't even know if you're seriously believing this or not.

Go with the focus rs my man

Fiesta ST no contest. Versatile and fun.

>it won't be new for over 2/3rd of the time you'll spend paying for it
It'll be new for an instant, technically.

in some situations buying a new car via finance will build your credit and be the better deal in the long run than buying cash. dealers prefer if you finance newer vehicles esp over 15-20k. if you just bought a 25k car cash congrats, the second you drove it off the lot it's worth 1-2k less.

if you want to purchase a new car with cash go ahead. you're missing out on building easy credit and getting the dealer to throw in special bonuses like free oil changes, tint, and extending warranty (more but sometimes worth)

Right, I forgot that they have the whole "credit score" stuff over there. Guess that's the one thing that makes it worth it and we don't have over here (Western Europe). Your loan is reviewed when you want to get one, so past debts paid off has no effect on you getting the loan or not; your financial situation (and job stability) has to be good at that very moment. Guess they don't promote getting into debts quite as much after all (even though both my neighbors and half my coworkers have "private lease" cars).
My apologies, I forgot about that crucial difference. Seems like a smarter move to get and pay off small-ish loans for the future, then.
Still not convinced about the six year plan, but that's just his scenario of course.

>special bonuses
The stuff you listed is pretty standard here though? Though honestly the bonuses they offer are offset by the high prices for maintenance, and they'll probably piss in the oil if you get maintenance done elsewhere.

Nigga bi weekly I pay like 220 a month for my FiST
Poor as muthafuckas up in here

Car no longer feeling special, what are you gay?

This guy knows his Mustangs. Exactly right.

Why pay more when you don't have to?

When OP is up to 49k he can probably just finish his loan early and pay it all off

>5doors

H-h-h-how??? If I want a Fiesta ST I can only have the 3door variant :(

5 door NA Fiesta ST's are made in Mexico with no option for a 3 door.

wow. why not save. 500 for a fucking fiesta st? jesus man

Im pretty sure the Ferd FiST here in europe come out of the UK.

I'd actually consider the car a great deal, IF I could have a fucking 5door variant. 3doors just suck for something thats halfway supposed to be practical.

It's made in Cologne where the Focus RS is manufactured. Ford is reconfiguring it's production facilities lately, and might be offering a 5 door Fiesta ST in Europe in 2018 when the model refresh occurs. There have been some spy shots taken of a 5 door ST mule testing in Europe.

caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-fiesta-st-spy-photos-news