About to place an order on a 2017 WRX next weekend, any reason i should wait a bit for good deals and such...

About to place an order on a 2017 WRX next weekend, any reason i should wait a bit for good deals and such? I live in California. Only interested in base model
>$28459.35 out the door

get a limited at invoice nigger

Veeky Forums isn't your blog you dumb fucking faggot

Are you poor and patient?

Wait.

Are you not poor and impatient?

Buy now.

Because you're going to look like a shitty boyracer.

Just can get used a supercharged jag XF for less money and be way faster.

>no ecoboost

i don't want moonroof or leather seats for the close price of base STI

well have fun overpaying for a new model year base model car. don't let your emotions get you

>turbo
>direct fuel injection

Yes it's an ecoboost

No, it isn't

implying a 2015 model would save me any money, seen plenty with 20k+ miles for 25k, why the fuck not new?

get an sti you plebian

this will be my daily driver, i'd love to commute with burbles and shit but with the close price of 40k i just can't

all i'm saying is you're paying way too much for a base. you could literally be getting a premium/limited whatever the fuck the next step up is for the same.

source: I work with subaru dealers and my friend just bought one.
talk to an internet sales manager, learn to fucking haggle. shop around get drunk and have sex with the sales manager if you have to

this gen sti is a waste. difference in price from base/premium sedan to sti you can make a much faster reliable car

i am drinking too

Ecoboost is marketing term for direct injection, turbocharged, small displacement, gasoline engine.

Half the cars being sold today are ecoboost.

Except they aren't made by Ford dumbass. It can't be ecoboost if it isn't made by them.

limited fetches over 30k easilly, i really don't like moonroof or heated seats, i could give two shits about heated mirrors too.
OP here, leave with this ecoboost faggotry NOW

Should have gotten ecoboost, pal. You're gonna regret it. Mark my words.

It just looks like a Camry m8...

only thing i'd regret is getting a 4cyl mustang
It does, but a fun and fast camry

>retarded trims
>no 0% financing
Subaru literally doesn't want my money, and it's because of people like OP still buying.

K retard

some consider it an investment with how well they hold value

>K retard
c'mon, go ahead and tell me how the heavy gimped mustang is better than the WRX

A depreciating asset is not an investment.

This is Veeky Forums and burning money on a hobby for fun is completely ok, but call a spade a spade.

seriously. and there's a reason most subaru dealers don't keep many base on the lot compared to premium. they get a lot of people in just buying at MSRP because MUH SUBARU MUH AWD as i say here if you try hard enough they'll get you really close to invoice if you try hard enough

OP doesn't want help, he just wants to tell us and get attention.

I thought the same thing, but I decided to buy an sti anyways back in about 07/08 but it was an 05 sti. Every wrx I've driving just is utterly disappointing in comparison, if you must get a wrx, never drive an sti unless you are planning to buy it.

>OP doesn't want help, he just wants to tell us and get attention.
except you have given ZERO input on how i'd get one lower than the price i mentioned out the door

Subaru rates are retarded

I got a quote for an (optioned out) Fiesta ST and a (no accessories) BRZ. The Fiesta would cost me a little under 3/4 the price per month

i'm njot google, just a drunk man.
car shopping involves
>going to multiple dealers to collect deals. pit dealers against each other
>don't commit to the first thing you test drive, don't show sales guy you are super committed
>collecting all the information, and comparing the rivals.
>you might not want the ST but say you can get X deal or whatever for one thing that the WRX doesn't have.
>having finance secured (Credit union or pre approved via manufacturer)
>pay periods on commission are real yes, go at end of month, later at night (2-3 hrs before close)

if your sales person doesn't get up to ask the sales manager several times he's a lazy fuck. this is why i like talking to internet sales guys or just the internet sales managers. they always go out of their way to sell shit to you. go on wrx forums and truecar or w/e the fuck it's called. see how much people are paying for base

my friend wanted a base but they had to ship it. so instead we stuck around an inquired about a premium on the lot. once they saw that we werre interested. they were abnle to get them to go 'all in' on a premium that was very close to internet msrp base price. it was about 8pm and the 28th of the month.

The traditional answer is to wait for summer before the model year switch and use whatever manufacturer incentives are timed for this part of the year.

The problem with Subaru is they aren't very competitive on price unless you're paying cash. The enthusiast models from other manufactures (excluding top of the line trims) typically go down to 0% financing sometimes with cashback on top of that. The WRX never does which isn't normal relative to the competition (Though the STI not doing that is par for the course).

I mean the 2.7% rate for the WRX isn't retarded for subaru, because people are paying it. It's a good deal for corporate and they carefully pick hot models to exclude from their incentives (like the WRX and Crosstrek).

It's a raw deal for you the financing consumer though.

i already got quotes from 4 subaru dealers, most have retarded short shift kits so i gotta order one and as weird as it is ordering a new one is less than buying off lot.

yeah that sti short shifter shit is like 12-18% reduction iirc. get them to throw in tint if that's your thing. about a $500 value more or less dealer installed.

well i plan on getting bumper to bumper warranty, if they can throw in tint that'd be nice

i'd only recommend that if you want to keep the car longer term than the stock warranty. which i mean i assume you do since most subados keep value fairly well until 100k

That's not a bad price out the door

Have fun when the motor blows while still covered under the warranty and Subaru tries to blame you. Shit car. Shit company.

Maybe you should know better than molesting the engine with mods and raising boost ya jackass

I mean, you could get a good car instead

Like an ugly Fiesta right?

Extra 5 grand for the fusion sport and people won't assume he vapes nic and smokes chick cock

Kek an auto FWD fusion, kill you are self my man

Awd and mechanical linkage is dead, get over it and accept the flappy paddled future

>get over it and accept the flappy paddled future
>flappy paddled meme
FTFY

do not get premium or limited, it's a ripoff

From of mine just bought a 2017 STI. First car I've driven that seemed to have too much power. If you put it in sport mode, you slingshot to the redline in the first three gears if you give it much gas at all.

Yeah, you're not getting an STI.

how much out the door?

look for a 2016 model with between 5K-10K miles and pay like $6K less.

except i have looked and the only difference in price is no more than 1k

Do it OP. I love my WRX

That's marked. If they were only 1k less, no one would ever buy them because new car financing would make the new car cheaper. They have an enormous amount of haggle room gently used, especially for the last year model

Horrible deal OP

Is it too early to expect good aftermarket on this new gen wrx?

just tunes desu

Get 2016 Limited at $500 below cost.

DO IT OP

>he's not getting the Sti

Sti is way overpriced, nearly 40k out the door

I got a base 2017 at 26500 like a month and a half ago.

Great car. No ragrets. Not a single letter.

Where from? How you get a new one that low, any tips?

>live in california
>I need AWD
kill yourself.

Maybe I should be a massive faggot and buy a focus ST right?

theres nothing wrong with a focus st unless youre one of those dudes that has to cope with having fragile masculinity... oh wait. TOP KEK

If I wanted a FWD econobox I'd buy a Civic

Faggot

how do you do this

You know the limited probably has a good custom sound system that I wouldn't pass up

I bought a 2017 wrx last month. Be ready to pay sticker price. They won't negotiate. If you walk they'll sell it the next day. They know there's more demand than supply.

I don't want to reveal my specific location, but I'm in Texas. Basically I just shopped a bunch of Subaru dealerships in my area against one another via email. I made it very clear that I had cast lines out to multiple dealerships, and whenever a lower offer came in, I let the other sales people know what the other dealership had offered me.

I read earlier this year that they had a dip in WRX sales for the first time since this generation had been released and they started some pretty aggressive deals on both financing and leasing. I expect that's what was going on. Plus I bet not many Texans go after awd cars.

>$29k
>base-model

kek also why do new subarus look like riced out corollas

Because they basically are but I'm still having a lot of fun with mine. It's a surprisingly nice place to be for a turbo'd econobox.

It's a trap OP

Almost thought that was the dealership I worked at

OP here, tell me what else I should know aside from gathering different prices at local dealers

That the wrx is a good choice. I'm not a salesman at Subaru I'm a mechanic at Subaru I can't help you with sales